Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Why do people damage wing mirrors?

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2003, 08:07 AM
rogp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Woke up this morning to set off for work at 7am (bad enough start to a Saturday!)only to find some ****** has damaged the wing mirror on my girlfriends run-about Fiesta. Looking down the road, there is trail of destruction, all wing mirrors, either severed completely and on the floor or damaged/bent.

What is the mentality of these people? When I was younger I would not have contemplated damaging other peoples property for fun, I would be far to fearful of the recriminiations. Plus, of course I don't derive pleasure from costing people money.

Grrrrrrrr.

This country is going downhill etc etc.........
Old 06 September 2003, 08:30 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
I don't think it's always young people. Back in my co.car days I came to find my brand new 306 estate with it's wing mirror kicked off and boot prints all over the car. They did a whole row 20+ of these and fortunately a brave off duty inspector saw this and arrested one of the MEN responsible. He was in his late 20's and worked for a high street bank. He was prosecuted for criminal damage and in his defence said he was drunk. After paying back the damages he'd caused he went back to work and I used to make a point of going in to the place where he worked to see how he was getting along. I enjoyed my day in court tremendously- he was caught bang to rights as they were his boot prints all over my car.
The tosser never even aplogised.
Old 06 September 2003, 08:50 AM
rogp
Scooby Regular

Yes, quite right, I shouldn't assume.

But still very frustrating and perplexing.

Old 06 September 2003, 08:58 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
very frustrating, just console yourself that you aren't and will never be one of these sad b*stards.