Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Racing on the road, repent sinners

Search this Thread

Old 06 September 2003, 11:39 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Er, guilty I suppose but I have decided to reform and not rise to the bait as I decided last night its not worth the effort/danger, last night I was coming down a fast bypass interspersed with roundabouts minding my own and this bloke in a merc M class decides hes going to have a go, stuck up my back end, I move over and hes not fast enough to get past my Golf (dont know what engine was in his) but it was a bit quicker than mine and gained on the straights but dropped of on the roundabouts as you would expect, this happens three times until the third roundabout where he was pretty close but forgot he was driving a 2 tonne off roader on big baloon tyres with a high centre of gravity and he goes into the corner gets it wrong and bounces of the kerb putting 2 wheels in the air and slewing all over the road.

Could have put it on its roof, he slowed down after that as did I and its scared me a bit so I have decided to repent my sins and not rise to the bait anymore.

Previously I have seen a Renault GTA driver put it through a hedge backwards whilst showing me how slow my Manta was (it was) and I had an Astra explode in front of me on the motorway at about 105 mph, it was a 1.2 merit being pitted against my Montego Turbo, it covered my car in oil mist. The Merc incident was the last, I promise.....

Old 06 September 2003, 01:07 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like the *** in the M class learnt a lesson about his cars dynamics. Best not to race tossers like that on the road though- just let them get on the way to their car crash.
Old 06 September 2003, 02:30 PM
C h a z
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come and race me, I promiss not to crash (flame suit on)
Old 06 September 2003, 02:31 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Promise ?