Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

OUTRAGED BY COMET CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Search this Thread

Old 10 October 2003, 09:00 PM
GTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

So I think at work today I'll pop into Comet when I've been to the Gym see prices on plasma/lcd tv's.
So go gym then pop into Comet on the way home in my scruffs, and spy the one I've had my eye on (50" Sony LCD), but no price so I get some woman in a trouser suite jobbie (manager or something) and I go can you give me some prices on this model and surrond sound deals and she goes now this really is true "expensive, maybe a little expensive for you sir how about these," and points to normal widescreens. I then replied "really I thought I could afford one just out of interest how much would that be?" "£4995"she says in her stuck up look down my nose view, "right then, well you have just lost the commision for a five grand purchase, I'll go next door thanks!" and walked out! HER FACE A PICTURE!

I hate COMET but that is just plain awful, how does she know what I can afford! So am off TV shopping 2moro if anyone knows anywhere reasonably priced with GOOD service in Manchester/Cheshire area who stocks plasma/lcd tv's?

DON'T BUY FROM COMET! NOT THE FIRST TIME I'VE HAD THAT TREATMENT!

[Edited by GTI - 10/10/2003 9:02:15 PM]
Old 10 October 2003, 09:08 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'll certainly buy at COMET in future - I didn't realise they filtered out the riff-raff ..... they have gone up in my estimation!!!

By that, I am NOT implying that YOU are Riff-Raff .... just happy that they weed them out so I can whizz in and get served without some dreamers blocking my path!!

Pete

[Edited by pslewis - 10/10/2003 9:10:26 PM]
Old 10 October 2003, 09:10 PM
GTI
Scooby Regular

cheeky ******! (in a nice way of course)
I was going to buy the bloody thing! Had decided and everything!
But her face, couldn't stop smiling all the way home!
Old 10 October 2003, 09:11 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Wink

Pete
Old 10 October 2003, 09:18 PM
Luke
BANNED

She did you a favour.... you would only regret buying one ..i have never heard so many friends wishing they had not bought such a large expensive Plasma....
Old 10 October 2003, 09:23 PM
GTI
Scooby Regular

no its an LCD am getting far better quality I know the plasmas aren't that good.
Old 10 October 2003, 09:30 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

5 grand on a telly, must be mental !
Old 10 October 2003, 09:33 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

A nearly related funny car type story:

A local scrap merchant from near Ballymena (Northern Ireland) is known locally for, almost literally, keeping all his money under his bed. He is also worth an absolute fortune.

He was at the Belfast motor show some years back, dressed like a tramp, and was wandering around the Porsche stand looking at a 911. Some slimey salesman came up to him with a line like "It's nice to dream sir" at which point this bloke (Wish I could remember his name as he's well known here) said "I want to buy it now" and took a wad of cash out of his pocket and counted out the sticker price of the 911. I believe he made quite a scene, to annoy the salesman, of wanting to drive it off the stand right there and then etc. I'd just love to have seen it and he did actually buy the car, though clearly he didn't drive out of the motor show in it!

He drove the car around and treated it like some cheap "banger" he'd picked up for running about in. I doubt if it was ever washed and don't really think he much wanted it.

He was later stopped in it by police, somewhere in England, with over a million quid in cash scattered about in the car. Needless to say they thought there was something fishy going on and took him to the station. On contacting his local police area they were able to establish that this was quite normal, that he wasn't a drug dealer and that the money was all legit, though perhaps not fully declared to the tax man :-)

You can't judge a book by it's cover and I learned a lesson from this. When I go to buy a new car I always wear my most shabby jeans and t-shirt and don't shave for a few days. If they are nice to me I will be considering their car, if they look down their nose at me I take this as an accurate reflection on their likely future customer service. After all when your car breaks down you are rarely dressed in your best suit and that's when you need your dealer most.
Old 10 October 2003, 09:34 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

all i can say is comet are tw@ts
Old 10 October 2003, 09:41 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Wink

On the contrary ........... COMETS are hot ***** of fire with a long tail

Pete
Old 10 October 2003, 09:43 PM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

no comet

[Edited by stephen emery - 10/10/2003 9:45:00 PM]
Old 10 October 2003, 09:50 PM
goonasuk
Scooby Regular

Happened to me and my girlfriened (wearing normal leisure wear u kow trainers, joggin bototms etc) a couple of weeks a go went into a Sofa store that sells nice leather sofas went in and sat on a 2 grand chair, salesman looks over and then quickly turns his nose up and walks away ...

Went and walked round to where he was and sat on a £1.5k setee - looked over and he said nothing.

So went upto him and said "Is there a problem"

"no sir, why?"

"well uve asked 3 other customers if they need any help, but ignored us"

He went quiet and my g/f said

"I liked that £2,500 one next door"

His face went white and then red with embarassement.

Old 10 October 2003, 10:27 PM
mattstant
Scooby Regular

was this the one at Kingsway in derby GTI ?????
Old 10 October 2003, 10:34 PM
GTI
Scooby Regular

Nope, was in Stockport, my location is out of date I'm in Cheshire now.
Old 10 October 2003, 11:02 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

i've had this sh*t from salespeople before - pisses me off but it's their loss in the end of the day. the poxy MINI saleswoman was one of the worst. C*m*t are utter sh*te - bought a fridge off them a while back and these two geezers turned up to deliver it (and you have to pay for delivery but there is no option to collect yourself - why not just include this in the cost of the unit cos who wants a 'fridge that is located in your local electronics store?) - one was about 90 year old and looked like he would have trouble lifting a shoe box, the other was well meaning but incompetent. by the time they'd got the fridge into the kitchen they'd bust the feet off and also knocked a picture off the wall in the hall.

i said "well this fridge is broken"
they said "oh. would you like us to take it away again?"
i said "but you've only just delivered it"
they said "yes, that's true"

in the end i decided that it would be easier to get new feet and fit them myself than risk having those f*ckwits come back to my house with another fridge.

[Edited by ProperCharlie - 10/10/2003 11:02:57 PM]
Old 10 October 2003, 11:11 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

just happy that they weed them out so I can whizz in and get served without some dreamers blocking my path!!
Pete, you've been procrastinating the purchase of a sodding £120 PS2 for the last 3 weeks!!!!
Blimey, i'd love to be behind you in the queue!!!

"Excuse me young man, but i've seen this 20pence cheaper on the net, can we just run through the details of you price-promise charter, all 7 pages of small print please??"

Yeah, right,
"Get out the way grandad, i got a wad of notes burning a hole in me pocket!!!"

LMFAO

BB
Old 10 October 2003, 11:13 PM
Inforcer
Scooby Regular

Lol BB!
Old 10 October 2003, 11:14 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

there is no option to collect yourself - why not just include this in the cost of the unit cos who wants a 'fridge that is located in your local electronics store?)
LOL!

what a great idea, keep a fridge full of beer at the local shopping precinct - you can sit in comet drinking cold beer and watching the TV's while the missus tries on half of Marks and Sparks next door!
Old 10 October 2003, 11:15 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Wink

BB - you are referring to a completely different thread; possibly or not about some much more important or irrelevant subject. how dare you bring that up in this **** take out of c*met thread?
Old 11 October 2003, 12:20 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

PC, ...Chuckling away here!!!
Old 11 October 2003, 12:45 AM
Luke
BANNED

Bastarrds..... nothing ever in stock.. Wont price match against internet sellers

well if you aint got it in stock and you want the money toaday and will deliver 10 days time...then you are running the same bloody business.

Burn them all down and lets start again.
Old 11 October 2003, 12:48 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

now there's a good idea..
Old 11 October 2003, 07:53 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Put Currys and Dixons in the dock with Comet too......total rip off merchants, bad service, crap, overpriced products, salespeople shod in Top Man/Woman, Burtons tack usually un-ironed who then have the cheek to look down their noses at customers when they are the ones that look like a sack of **** in a cheap suit.
Old 11 October 2003, 09:09 AM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

Same experience with Jaguar when I was invited the the launch of the X-Type. Didn't even get spoken too until the manager phoned on Monday to see if I enjoyed the car/day.
Old 11 October 2003, 09:58 AM
ChristianR
Scooby Regular

go here for your tv needss :

http://www.bestpricetv.com/

Guy is on scoobynet, bought a lcd 20" sharp tv couple of months ago, couldn't fault the service.
Old 11 October 2003, 09:59 AM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Curry and Dixon's and The Link are all terrible for customer service and if any thing goes wrong getting it replaced or properly repaired is impossible. i will not buy ANYTHING from them. I would rather pay a little extra and get good service with the comfort that if i have any problems they will be dealt with properly.

Luckily i am a member of a warehouse chain called Costco and can't say enough how good they are.
Old 11 October 2003, 10:06 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I'll neer shop at Comet again. We bought a dishwasher and took out one of them 5 year guarantees that pays you your money back if you dont claim.

You get a certificate and must send it off within 30 days of the expiry.

Five years on duly sent of said certificate (for which there is no replacement) and heard nothing. When I enquired about refund was told certificate was never received. Bit fishy to me. It was only £100 but £100 is £100 and all that.
Old 11 October 2003, 10:20 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

I rarely buy in these places. Get my hi-fi etc. from richer sounds and the internet etc.

HOWEVER, Comet/Dixons etc. are useful to browse to see what looks good in the flesh, what the buttons are like etc. then I can go away and buy the actual product elsewhere.
Old 11 October 2003, 11:15 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

When you do buy one, take the receipt in and show her. My auntie once did that with a brand new XR2 back in 86, but she drove the car round to the garage that said she couldnt afford a new one.
Old 11 October 2003, 12:34 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Lightbulb

MattW,

YHM,

mb

Quick Reply: OUTRAGED BY COMET CUSTOMER SERVICE!