Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sickies !

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2003, 11:19 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have thrown a sickie today, feeling well rough, the dangly contraption at the back of mt throat (Uvula according to the doc) is the size of a moderately huge slug and very sore.

Thing is the missus sanctions my sick days, unless she is satisfied that I am genuinely ill I have to go to work or she will taunt me without mercy all day. So to confirm my claims of sickness she peered down my throat, bedside manner involving a dark room and a very bright torch, cheers, feel crap and now blind, she decide that yes I am ill enough and I could stay at home in peace (no other priviliges mind),I asked her if seeing as she has seen my Uvula I could see her Vuvula, No beacause I stink apparently. she made me go to the doctors who provided me with antibiotics, strangely before I had told him the complaint, not really but I bet I was in there under two minutes.

So after the inquistion off the missus, the ineviatable call to work (to satisfy the sickess procedure, blah blah blah) and a trip to the doctors I am now sat at home luxuriating in the peace (apart from a snoring spaniel)

Sickies are great,

Choices to be made

Trisha/Kilroy
Bacon/Sausage butty
Stay in bed/get up
Scoobynet/er other sites
24 DVD box set/Sopranos box set
Car mag/PC mag

Fantastic isnt it, I have to be ill to get any leisure time !

When did you last pull a sickie and was it justifiable, my wife will vet the responses.

Old 16 October 2003, 11:29 AM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yesterday and today - was genuinely off Tuesday afternoon with sickness and the *****. Off yest and today cos my gf and kids have got it now and I'm mopping up after them!
Old 16 October 2003, 11:31 AM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

You're a bit late for Trisha & Kilroy, but you missed "Loud Mouth Lizzie" Barden (Wife Swap) on Kilroy. For once she was short of words and almost blubbed, classic . I'd go for bacon and sausage and egg and tomatoes and mushrooms and 3 cups of tea, 'cos you can if you want, you're ill after all. Definately get up, the big telly, surround sound, DVD and PS are all in the living room and the sofa is comfy enough for 1, and don't forget to take the duvet with you. Take advantage of the neighbours being at work and go for the full on action movie with DTS at full tilt. Then surf some "other" sites when needed . I haven't pulled a sickie in years but I don't need to as I only work a 3 day week . But you enjoy yours, and I'm sure it'll last through the weekend and into at least tuesday next week
Old 16 October 2003, 11:32 AM
Jed Exodus
Scooby Regular

well there was this one time....oh, justifiable, sorry!
Old 16 October 2003, 11:35 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...
I always take advantage of sickies - especially when the other half has to be fooled too.

Watch the dvd's when she's there then you can lie still on the sofa without much effort, get her to run around after you.

take advantage of having the house to yourself while she's out at work, I usually went for a round of golf if the weather was ok, but there's also the joys of PlayStation 2 to be had.

Also its an excellent opportunity for ************.
Old 16 October 2003, 11:35 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

3 Day week !

How do you manage that ?

Old 16 October 2003, 11:50 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex.

Karl Marx (1878)

Masturbation is real good, Philosophy is just a load of old ****

J4CKO (2004)
Old 16 October 2003, 11:53 AM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Talking

I only work part time too- however I regard sick days as a rightful addition to my 35 days a yr holiday. We are allowed 20 sick days a yr before any action is taken- it is one target I intend to meet.
Old 16 October 2003, 12:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

35 days hol !

I thought we did ok at 24 (29 next year, 32 after another 5), we can also take 13 flexi days a year.

Its amazing how many sickies some people pull, girl in our office used to get hammered every Sunday night and either not turn in or drive in still bladdered. Our admin department was staffed by the most unfortunate individuals, so unlucky to be cursed with taking on average one day a week per person or go off for a year at a time with stress, I know stress exists (after the last week I can vouch for it) but working in an admin department ?
Old 16 October 2003, 12:05 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Cool

JACKO, I work 3x 12hr nights at the weekend. So it's still a 36hr week but all crammed in while everyone else is clubbing and shopping, leaving me free mon to fri, bliss Best bit is I only go to work for 135 days a year to most peoples 235, but still get 5 weeks holiday, and Xmas and Easter weekends off too , I do work all the other bank holidays though but so what, I'm missing out on some **** weather and traffic jams
Old 16 October 2003, 12:08 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Those holidays include extra bank holidays we get here, they don't include RTT days (recuperation de temps travaille, pardon my spelling) of which we get one per month for working a 37.5 hr week, when we should only be doing 35 by law (in France).

My boss asked me if I'd taken all those days off I'm entitled to and warned me that if I don't it would be a disciplinary matter!
Old 16 October 2003, 01:03 PM
scunnered
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
If I was off sick, I'd want to be healthy enough to enjoy it!
Old 16 October 2003, 01:27 PM
HumptyDumpty
Scooby Regular

sick days are a joke, they are just a way for lazy c*nts to supplemenent their holiday

if you can walk, you are well enough to come to work
Old 16 October 2003, 01:48 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

And infect the rest of the department......