SPV unlocking

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2003, 09:11 AM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Taken from:

http://www.phoneunlocking.co.uk/FrontPages/spvunlock.htm

First of all, let me explain the SPV unlock program.
This little application will Sim Unlock your Orange SPV so that it can be used on any network. The phone is tri-band, so theoretically it can be used on any network, anywhere in the world after going through this unlock sequence. As far as I am aware, there is no way that this can damage your phone as it does not write anything to the phone, it simply collects data from the phone that you are not strictly supposed to know. (The unlock code programmed into the ROM)
But, all the usual rules apply, if this thing breaks your phone we cannot be held responsible as you perform this task at your own risk, I did not make it, I am merely distributing something which I have used myself and has been used by many others with no apparent problems.

Unfortunately I cannot provide support.
Please use MoDaCo or another SPV forum site to request help.

Download SPVUnlock.zip
Instructions for using the SPV Unlock program.

1) Switch off your phone.
2) Take out the SD Card from the side of the phone.
3) When the phone is off, press down the "record" (the button under the power button) and the power button at the same time and hold for a few seconds.
4) You will be prompted to "press any key to enter boot loader", do so and press any key.
5) You are now at the famous "Canary" screen (hopefully) where there are 3 coloured bars. Pop your SPV into the USB Cradle.
6) On your computer, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and close the program "WCESCOMM" or "WCESCOMM.exe". The Activesync icon should disappear from the clock tray.
7) Now run the SPVUnlock program. You should get a "Retrieving SPV Unlock Code : 0%" message. Incrimenting to 33%, 66% then finally 100%.
8) It will now display your unlocking code. Write this down, or keep it on the screen.
9) Take the battery off your phone. Then pop in a sim card from another network (Virgin, Vodafone, T-Mobile etc.) Put the battery back on and turn the phone on.
10) The phone should then, after a second or a minute or so ask you for an unlocking code. Enter the code that the program gave you.
11) You should see a screen saying

"Info"
"Phone Unlocked"

And thats it, you can now use your phone when you want on any network without having to do any type of battery trick, just pop it in and take it out whenever you feel like.

[Edited by Scooby96 - 10/17/2003 9:13:37 AM]