Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

EE - noise from flat ... WTF !!!

Search this Thread

Old 17 October 2003, 08:28 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i'm subconciously watching EE with my son ... and this stupid tart is trying to sell her flat with some monster above f**king her off with loud music ... she's just slit her wrist.

christ ... is assume this is "real" ... if so why do people put up with it.

1. axe - door - no hi-fi.

if that doesn't work

2. petrol - door - no flat.

sorted.
Old 17 October 2003, 08:31 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

yeah, she is a complete drama queen - a born victim!
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
3) don't worry about fictitious **** on tv.
GreenMachine
Scooby Regular

.... or maybe just a quiet word, eh?
Old 17 October 2003, 08:33 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

This entire plotline is bizarre. Who is Surely, who's the oik upstairs, why are they there and why do the producers think we care for either of them?
Old 17 October 2003, 08:35 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

she is the girl who works down the bookies and went oout with Dan.... tsk, pay attention!
Old 17 October 2003, 08:38 PM
eddie h
Scooby Regular

maybe dirty den could **** her, then beat the **** out of the oink upstairs.

god i'm good. i should work on ee.
Old 17 October 2003, 08:40 PM
Luke
BANNED

He wants to buy her flat??? She would be right up for it...if a kind gentleman helped her out... Dirty den to the rescue.
Old 17 October 2003, 10:30 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

On a serious note, I have lived below a noisy neighbour, and it is not as easy as some of you make out.

Yes, torch the door, etc etc, but if you have a £20,000 Subaru outside, and they have a £500 Bedford Rascal, do you think there would not be retribution?
You have to live below them, and since they know where you live, you can't just do anything.

In our flat (before we moved to a detached house thank god!), the neighbours above moved in about 6 months before we moved out. They were rude, noisy, had no respect for the neighbours, and did not understand what the problem was.

I had physical confrontations with him & his bird, and on one night, when he was having a party (it began at 3am, and went on from there), it ended up with the "guests" at the party throwing a glass bottle at my girlfriend downstairs as I was upstairs on their doorstop complaining.

Police were called, but the neighbour said he did not know who was in his house as he'd met them in a club and had just invited them back - yeah, right!
So, Police could take no action.

We had environmental health, police, etc etc on various occassions, but there really is **** all you can do about it.

You may laugh at the woman in Eastenders, but the situation is VERY VERY real, and I am a 6'3" well built bloke who will have a go at anyone that annoys me - so if I can't resolve it, then there are MANY MANY others in the UK who are in a worse situation, and don't have the money to be as lucky as us to be able to move to a nice detached house.

I often vowed that one day after we moved out, I would go back and sort them out given they don't know where we now live, but not done it yet. Was tempted to get 6 other mates to lift their Bedford Rascal onto it's roof (can't be hard) and leave it there, but there we go - not done it, and what would it prove.

Until you've been there, you really have no idea about noisy neighbours, so please respect Eastenders for trying to address the issue......

Old 17 October 2003, 10:33 PM
Luke
BANNED

bollocks........ Brains wins over muscle every time..!!
Old 17 October 2003, 10:39 PM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

Brains wins over muscle every time..!!
...thats me out on both counts!!! LOL

BB
Old 17 October 2003, 10:40 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

I may also add that myself AND my girlfriend had seriously disrupted sleep during this time, and it drove us both nuts - not just a wee bit annoyed with them, but SERIOUSLY hacked off - another few months of it, and I would have gone mad (seriously mad!).

The bloke worked in bars/restaurants, so work pattern was mostly late nights - so his leisure time was 3am onwards on Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/ nights - for some reason, they weren't noisy at weekends.

If you're turning up at work every day with 2-3 hours sleep every night, you get seriously hacked off.....

It was the first time (and not since) that I seriously contemplated killing someone - NO JOKE!

Old 17 October 2003, 10:41 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

i'm with BB ... it's friday night ... brains never wins.
Old 17 October 2003, 10:48 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

But do you not seriously think that had you stood up for youself properly they would have got the message?

Myself and some housemates lived next door to a house that was rented anually, so every year we had new drop-kick tenants next door. The moment you let them think that you will not go the extra mile they will take advantage.

Yes, we had physical confrontations, and yes we had more to lose - they knew they were gone after a year, we were there long term.... so we made damn sure that they knew that we would go that one bit further.

In this day and age you have to take responsibility for your own welfare - there simply isn't the resources for everyone to be a victim.
Old 17 October 2003, 10:51 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

ajm ... spot on.
Old 17 October 2003, 10:57 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

ajm - bit too simplistic. I (and even more so the wife!) are as threatning as anyone you'd care to meet.

Tentants are easy to threaten as they're usually scum, and in your case out within a year, and you can also get them evicted if need be.....

Home-owners are not so easy........

Believe me, you've not experienced problem neighbours.....
Old 17 October 2003, 10:58 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

imlach,

... and .... ??
Old 17 October 2003, 10:59 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

mwp - and what?
Old 17 October 2003, 11:01 PM
Luke
BANNED

Wink

Out of town team..little bit of "Hoky poky" bobs your uncle.
Old 17 October 2003, 11:03 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

.. experienced problem neybors ....

... so what ... i was waiting for a story

i'll go 1st if you like

it's friday night ... just lookig for some interesting reading
Old 17 October 2003, 11:05 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Ya-da-ya-de - "out of town" teams etc etc

How do you know your neighbour doesn't have "out of town" teams to get you back etc etc!!

It just escalates into tit-for-tat if you're not careful. It's not as easy as you guys are making out!!!

As I said, there are scum in this world that just do not understand good neighbourly relations.
Old 17 October 2003, 11:07 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

mwp - I like my revenge to be more subtle and not obvious.

I'm out of the situation now, so don't care no longer....

However, there was stuff done to them that I won't state here so as not to incriminate myself in case the **** is now a Scoobynet reader :-)
Old 17 October 2003, 11:18 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

with the greatest respect, and admitting I don't know your personal circumstances, it is that simple. Taking a circumspect view you have a disagreement with someone who, I am assuming, is being unreasonable. People who are unreasonable and who are not doing anything that the police deem "actionable" yet who are antisocial and infringe on others rights cannot be convinced rationally to fit within the confines of social acceptability. You have to force them.

It is therefore a direct competition between you and them. It is your strength (mental and physical), brains, contacts vs. theirs. What other solution is there?
Old 17 October 2003, 11:25 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

whoooaaa ... too many long words
Old 17 October 2003, 11:28 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Vin rouge.... the secret to my literacy
Old 17 October 2003, 11:29 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

With the greatest respect, I agree with what you are saying IF you are confident to carry out your actions in the first place, and IF it works (ie, they might be MORE mental than you are and resort to violence/knives/guns etc), but the original point of this thread is that there are MANY people out there that DO NOT have the guts or confidence to have a go at their neighbours to this degree....

90 year old OAP versus 20 year old yobs above?
Lone single unconfident man/woman versus flat above where 3 x 25 year old confident cocky males reside?

Look at other's situations, and not just your own.......that is what Eastenders is trying to portray. Yes, you can resolve your own situation in the experiences you've had to date, but for MANY people, it is NOT as simple as this in PRACTICE!

[Edited by imlach - 10/17/2003 11:35:57 PM]
Old 17 October 2003, 11:29 PM
Luke
BANNED

Depends which "town they are from" and the methods they will use...

Remeber the idea is to get to them and destroy them but with them having no idea its you who has organized the little game. Find their weak point and go for it...

Brains will always win.

[Edited by Luke - 10/17/2003 11:37:18 PM]
Old 17 October 2003, 11:34 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Also, our neighbours had a combined IQ of about 10. ie, they were thick and I called them "retards" on many occassions, as I suspect they were. Gawd knows how they could get a £100k mortgage!!!

They were mentally retarted, ie, suspect they didn't know what day it was....prob druggies....

They REALLY did not adapt/react to my not-so-kind words/actions - probably because every time they saw me, they didn't have a clue who I was....their brains were full of drug induced holes.....

Clueless ****ers.

[Edited by imlach - 10/17/2003 11:35:19 PM]
Old 17 October 2003, 11:37 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

imlach - you are right, some people aren't in a position to defend themselves, however I guess therefore my original comments stand.... she is a victim.

Taking the OAP thing to an extreme though, I vividly remember as a child my grandfather being hasseled by pik... errr travellers wanting to surface his driveway. They became very agressive until my grandad called his gorilla of a gardener over and asked him to "deal" with said travellers. It was the only time I ever heard a man of that age swear and the only time I ever saw someone being twatted round the head with the handle of a shovel and dragged off by the skin of their gut! Good times!
Old 17 October 2003, 11:41 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Yes, agreed, the woman in Eastenders is a "victim" but the early posts in this thread were trying to portray the situation in Eastenders as fiction, and unbelievable......

My point is that it is a VERY real situation in the current world we live in and to suggest resolution of the problem by "torching" the neighbours front door and "putting an axe through the hifi" are the words of people who really do not have a clue about this SERIOUS problem!!

Quick Reply: EE - noise from flat ... WTF !!!