Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

New Government Road Tax Proposals - When will they stop ?

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2003, 12:10 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

I'm probably a few days late in bringing this one up but I noticed on the Ceefax at the weekend that Labour are planning to introduce higher road tax for cars with higher power outputs.

As usual its their bullsh*t cover story that they are doing it to pursuade motorists to buy smaller engined cars, and thus do less damage to the environment... aww aren't they considerate !?!

Not sure if I'm missing something but don't higher powered cars generally use more petrol than lesser powerful ones ? Surely someone in a Scoob or other powerful car would visit the pumps alot more often than someone in say, a Pug 106 1.1 ? Surely the Govt make much more in petrol duty from the Scoob owner ? The Scoob owner also pays much more road tax too... if its a company vehicle he will be clobbered for the vehicles higher emissions too... so now they feel the need to clobber him again in this way ??

Why do the Labour lot always seem to hit anyone with anything desireable harder than those that don't ? (Don't get me started on the house sale profit tax idea !!) Its almost like they feel that they have to penalise anyone who is successful.

Why always clobber those that put money into this country and give all the perks to those that sponge from it ??

Can anyone honestly say that things have got better under this rabble than they were before ? Let's be honest - the answer is NO, and yet we are paying far more in taxes now than ever and as a country we are in bigger debt than we have been in years !!

Get these ******* out as soon as we can, please !!!!!

Old 21 October 2003, 12:20 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

They must pay 100's of w@nkers to conjure up such taxes. Probably the sort of people who dont drive or have their cars paid for them.

They are potentially ******* with 26 million drivers and therefore nearly the same amount of people of voting age. Let them introduce this at their peril - this WOULD BE the final nail in the coffin for NL.

Old 21 October 2003, 01:17 PM
Andrew Dixon
Scooby Regular

If you can afford to run a big, powerful car then the prospect of (say) another £20 a year on road tax ain't gonna make a blind bit of difference!

Old 21 October 2003, 01:24 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Its not the value of the tax its the principle. We would then be taxed twice for having a more powerful car - tax and fuel!

Any further increase in the tax burden is completely unacceptable to me and I dare say it probably at least half of the 26M other motorists.
Old 21 October 2003, 02:03 PM
Jerry*
Scooby Regular

Talking

AD,

So would you like to pay another £20 a year then ? What would you get for it ? Nowt !! It would make a difference... £20 !!! That's the point !!!

Why should people who can afford to treat themselves to something nice be penalised for it ? It's almost like some weird jealously culture..

Its always the same attitude from Labour.. Hit the better off harder - "they can afford it !!" That's sh1te !!!!

The Govt receive over £5 billion per year from motors and the motor industry - where does it all go ?

If Labour spent the vast amounts of cash that they hit the public for a little better then maybe they wouldn't need to clobber us further... Tax, tax and bloody tax - and we don't see anything for it !!!

For example - they have pledged £550m to help sort out Iraq... why don't they sort Britain out first ??

How about the increases in National Insurance contributions for that "better NHS" - Is it any better ? Is it **** !!
Old 21 October 2003, 02:17 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

The treasury has a deficit of around £10bn to make up.
This is only the start of it.
Old 21 October 2003, 02:18 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
but we still managed to fund a war in Iraq didn't we?

time to govern this country instead of the rest of the world methinks