Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Aussies – a sad sour bunch of c’s..

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2003, 04:28 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me start by saying I’m NOT English; however I am an A Sportsman, and one in the great British Rugby tradition too.

John Howard (Aussie PM ) had the longest sourest saddest most miserable face I have ever seen on any prize giving official - let alone any host statesman. Puerile, facile and a sad indictment on any nation. My blood boils...

This guy could not make eye contact with any of the try scoring, hard fighting supremely disciplined ‘worlds ultimate’ rugby sportsmen; let alone say a nice ‘congrats’ or ‘well done lads’. That approach to me is a mark of a third world or fascist country, All the Aussies I know are warmer, friendlier and more genuine people than that sour faced C’. Frankly UP yours You BUNCH OF REPRESSIVE NEGATIVE MISERABLE ISLANDERS! It seems that if you have no idea of decency and DON’T UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF sportsmanship and MAGNANIMITY then we ‘engerlish speakers’ have nothing in common any more.

We all ‘hate’ any colonialists imperialist xenophobic invaders, but we are now in the in the 21st century and any English 5th generation culpable ones behave so much BETTER than you sore **** far away losers.

Long live the UK (if not England). Learn to be wiser you browned imbeciles and never ever apply for any (non physical) diplomatic positions!! Get that Chip off and once again enjoy ‘a game’ for a game….

ENGERLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Never thought I'd say THAT!!!!)

[Edited by Diesel - 11/22/2003 4:30:20 PM]
Old 22 November 2003, 04:41 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

I take it you dont like the Aussies then

Chip.
Old 22 November 2003, 04:43 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

I thought the guy(I think he was the head of RFU Australia was playing hoop la with the runners up medals. Either that or got for the 'how fast a medal could be put around the neck' record.

It must be really hard to lose like that, seconds away from your best chance to win the world cup.

Old 22 November 2003, 04:51 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Neil - We thought that at first very disrespectful to the players. Then again, I don't think the Aussies really wanted the runners-up medal! By the look of it, that guy who gave Australia the medals was from the England camp! Did you see the way he greated the England team?? One of the guys we were watching it with said it was Fran Cotton, but it didn't look like him to me. I might be wrong though.

Chris
Old 22 November 2003, 04:57 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

It doesn't matter, we won!
Old 22 November 2003, 05:02 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Dunno. By that time I was woo-hooing too much.

The only thing that would have made victory sweeter is if we'd played the Germans and Brazilians on the way to the final.

What a difference between the way the England team(and all the other nations for that matter) handled themselves off and on the pitch to those of soccer players.
Old 22 November 2003, 05:06 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

i have to say that if a ref. had given those decisions in a football game you would have seen players being sent off for dissent. fair play to the england boys for keeping their cool and making sure it was the play that won the game.
Old 22 November 2003, 05:13 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

Talking

England's rugby champions have won effusive praise from Jacques Chirac, who said their defeat of Australia was "a victory for Europe."

LOL
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...904620,00.html

Old 22 November 2003, 05:16 PM
brett555
Scooby Regular

Imagine the homecoming they're going to get ...

great game .. was on the edge of my seat ...

brett
Old 22 November 2003, 05:20 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

John Howard (Aussie PM ) had the longest sourest saddest most miserable face I have ever seen on any prize giving official - let alone any host statesman. Puerile, facile and a sad indictment on any nation. My blood boils...
I wouldn't be too quick to judge any nation by its leader alone. Does Tony Blair accurately represent your thoughts, feelings and wishes?
Old 22 November 2003, 06:18 PM
planky
Scooby Regular

They are bad losers IMO cos they think they are the best at sports and its the ONLY way they find a national identity to be proud of.

They haven't given anything worth while to the world when you think about it,compared to us.

Old 22 November 2003, 06:23 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

That's a bit harsh Planky IMHO , I think it's a cultural thing re: sporting windups. I.e it's done out of respect rather than hatred.

As for contributions to the world, there are loads of Kylie fans who would disagree, as would lager drinkers and um um um

Anway, are the British any better? Just look at the headlines in the sun or the mirror after a sporting clash with Germany, for example.

[Edited by Neil Smalley - 11/22/2003 6:25:02 PM]
Old 22 November 2003, 11:21 PM
Spudgun VI
Scooby Regular

Angry

i disagree neil. none of the spiteful **** that the england team have had to put up with over there was deserved. the aussies are a bunch of sanctimonious, bragging, hypocritical tw@ts as far as im concerened.
why do they always end up working in bars over here if this countrys full of whinging poms as they put it. fukk off back to oz if you hate us that much, you bunch of losers! ta ta!
Old 23 November 2003, 12:06 AM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Arrow

The reason we consider them bad losers is because they don't like losing. Simple as that. Coming second is not what they intended to do. I remember the story of Brian Moore (England Hooker) - after losing the 91 World Cup Final to Australia, he came back home and threw his runner's-up medal in the Thames. That's how much it means to these guys.

Australia currently have world champions in 42 events. Given that their entire population is less then Greater London - that's not a bad record.

Australia have seen sport as a way of installing national pride - making people feel good about themselves. It's not difficult really. The biggest difference between Australia and most countries is that they have backed up their words with a massive amount of investment.

England have shown that with a well financed, well organised team (and the best damn coach currently in the game) that it is possible to beat them. Tony Blair would do well to watch the reaction and see how positive it is and then perhaps invest properly in a similar infrastrucutre in this country.

Chris
Old 23 November 2003, 10:38 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

...legend has it that on a very quiet night, you can still hear the sobs followed by the sound of medals hitting water and then the rustle of tissue paper

I HATE bad losers - just takes you back to children in primary school, its nothing to do with passion and is the opposite of pride.
Old 23 November 2003, 10:52 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its been reported that the Aussies are giving our team full credit for winning now. Not a football type riot in sight either!

Les
Old 23 November 2003, 10:53 AM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

If my team didnt look gutted to lose I'd wonder if they really cared at all.

Look at the Football team - even in some of the biggest games it often looks as though only 1 or 2 out of the 11 really *care* about representing their country. The rest just look annoyed at having to take time out from their usual day surrounded by yes men and working out how to spend Ł40K a week.

Deano
Old 23 November 2003, 12:19 PM
Bas
Scooby Regular

The England boys have been having a dig back at the Aussies, have a look here

And don't forget to cast your votes in the Sydney Morning Herald poll...currently showing only 72% as worthy champions
Old 23 November 2003, 12:44 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

What do you expect from a colony decended from criminals.

After the anti-english propaganda that their press was issuing on a daily basis prior to the match (under the guise of 'a bit of fun') they thoroughly deserved to lose. Justice was done IMO.

Fair Dinkum, Howard mate

UB
Old 23 November 2003, 01:38 PM
Little Miss WRX

Over here in Australia, walking around in my England shirt I have had no problems and in fact have had people congratulating me on England's win. They are saying how good the game was and that England did deserve to win, although they are really disappointed that Aus didn't win.

Not all Aussies are bitter in defeat............they're a great nation of people.
Old 23 November 2003, 02:25 PM
Ted Ed
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

I find the mentality of the so called ENGLISH FANS also beyond belief as well....

We went out for a meal with friends last night and Paul was telling me how they watched the match in an Aussie themed pub in Nottingham called Bar Oz.

After the game Paul swapped his England shirt with the pub managers Aussie shirt ( he is a friend of his) and then said; in the next two hours of being in the same pub.. .. walking through town and going to another pub he was threatend and asked for a fight a number of times by the so called English supporters ..I wonder what they would have done if England had lost..

Perhaps they were "football" fans in disguise

Old 23 November 2003, 02:32 PM
Bas
Scooby Regular

To be fair to the Aussies, when I was down there for the Ashes last year, although there was a lot of Pommie bashing, it was all good natured and I never had any issues with them.

Yes they love having a go at us but it's all a bit of fun and as a few people have said, you don't get the football mentality we have over here
Old 23 November 2003, 03:32 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Do a search on Google for Australian rugby teams and then e-mail them all with a reminder of the score!!

In all honesty nobody who is competitive likes losing and the banter was largely good natured.

David Campeze kind of spoilt it for me and no doubt a lot people. He was just plain ignorant in his remarks and fuelled anger in my opinion.

Right, I await my reply e-mails.
Old 26 November 2003, 01:45 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

By now the Aussie man on the street has made up a lot for this rant! I have seen many being decent and 'good about it'!

I'm actually starting to tire of England crowing and the National news behaving as if the WHOLE of the UK had won (no - England kinda BEAT the rest of the UK actually!!!). Also I want to see Golden Boots let his hair down a little and stop playing it all down so much Ho hum; hard to please? Moi??
Old 26 November 2003, 01:54 PM
Dunk
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Austrailians aren't all criminals........some screws went over with them.

D
Old 26 November 2003, 02:00 PM
SPEN555
Scooby Regular

Wink

Were they the screws that held the cages together?
Old 26 November 2003, 02:36 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I read yesterday that the guy rushing to hand out the medals has pretty much apologised for his appearance - he said they were being harrassed by TV crews as the match had gone over time and the TV were losing their slots.

Bloody paparrazzi.
Old 26 November 2003, 02:52 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

the corpulent white-haired guy slinging the medals at the wallabies was dr syd millar. he's irish, head of the international rugby board and the guy ultimately responsible for the RWC.

what he was thinking rolf only knows. looked really bad. as did howard's churlish, sulky "i'm not shaking hands with martin johnson when i give him the cup."

god, can he be so insecure and fragile that he baulks at handing a cup to the old country?? apparently so.

luckily, both millar & howard have copped a great deal of (justified) flak from the aussie media and aussie fans for sullying australia's good (but er, slightly coarse) sporting reputation. the sydney morning herald just about tore him a new butthole.
Old 26 November 2003, 02:53 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Chris L:

Australia's population is a few short of 20 million.

G London's is about 8 million.
Old 26 November 2003, 03:11 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

bad news: clearly football thug-types usurping the event for the usual reasons of tribal violence.

always been interesting to note how rugby attracts neither trouble nor hooligans while football unfailingly attracts both in quantity.

perhaps it's something to do with the fact that the (supervised) violence is intrinsic to rugby, exorcised legally on the field of play. or perhaps there's are deeper sociological reasons at work.

interesting also to note the difference in ethic between amateur, now professional rugby players and professional football players.

football managers, take note. premiership footballers (particularly those currently under investigation for minor things things like gang rape; drunk driving; and vehicular manslaughter etc) please also take note and set your house in order.

Quick Reply: Aussies – a sad sour bunch of c’s..