Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

West Yorks Police .... what a joke

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2003, 07:05 PM
mwp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I reported a non-delivery ebay problem to Plod in August. I paid the Guy by cheque (£300) he didn't deliver. Dodgy adress that now he can't be located at. But I do have via my bank all his account details and even the total amount he paid in with my cheque (>2k).

So I give Plod all the details and eventually at the end of October they tell me that it is West Yorks Police policy to not investigate internet "fraud" ie Ebay non-delivery.

I phoned the DCI up and told him all he had to do was phone up the branch and ask for the guy's new address. Yup, he'd look into it further. Nothing for 3 weeks. Plod doesn't answer his phone. I faxed a letter asking for some action and got another letter the next day saying they were sticking to policy and they advised seeing a solicitor as they felt civil action would be more appropriate.

I just ******* give up with the police in this country. They deserve all the bad press they get. I'm sure there's lots of guys/gals working their nuts off, but it just all smells wrong. What's wrong with investigating everything eventually.

I know it's a compex argument, but this whole "effective use of resources" is just a poor excuse ... 16,000 cops for Bush ... plenty of camera vans ... laser speed traps .. but Mr Crim can rob and vandalise all he likes.

I'm off to my MP, press etc next .. what fcukin good that'll do.

- Mark.
Old 28 November 2003, 08:19 PM
John Catlin
Scooby Regular

Wrote to the P.M. and my M.P. regrading the cost of Bush and why the police cannot protect the general people.

As expected still awaiting a reply.

Do not hold your breath.
Old 28 November 2003, 08:25 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

you will get the standard kiss off

the establishment regard the rest of us with contempt...

they believe that they and only they are able to make decisions for us.......god forbid,,, a minion with some common knowledge

lets face it if they F****ked up in a normal company thed have been sacked years ago

they know that they can buttf*** us till the next ge and it dosent matter if they sell us out eu euro etc,,, they achieve what they want......

it pi***s me off how people claim they things they have done as there own... all the things that were acjeved now were set in place by the last lot in power, it will take the next lot 1 term, just to put it right

dont hold your breath

m
Old 29 November 2003, 02:15 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Its a 'dicey one' but i think that in the case of e-bay, you enter into a 'contract' with the buyer and seller and so it will be a civil action to get this bloke (i.e the criminal law court wouldn't touch it). I know its frustrating but there has to be a line drawn somewhere.

Try a no-win no-fee solicitor - he should have no problem finding the bloke or at least getting your money back.
Old 29 November 2003, 05:33 PM
David_Wallis
Scooby Regular

Location: Leeds - It was 562.4bhp@28psi on Optimax, How much closer to 600 with race fuel and a bigger turbo?
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go to http://www.5ive-o.com/web/index.php

and speak to Burr

David
Old 01 December 2003, 12:37 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Mark, YHM

Les