Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Am i out of line to say no??!?!?

Are there any exceptions??
Old 29 November 2003, 11:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If one was about to kill me, then yes I would!

Generally I have never hit a woman, but I wouldn't choose to hit anyone! If a male wants to fight I may oblige, but thats just cos it's fun!

Pete
Old 29 November 2003, 11:33 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

I'll fight ye lewis
Old 29 November 2003, 11:36 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Smile

Women want equal rights for everything, so if it's OK to hit a bloke then it's OK to hit a woman.

Not that I agree with domestic violence, but if a bird hit me, I'd have no qualms in hitting her back
Old 29 November 2003, 11:56 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

ditto
Old 30 November 2003, 12:09 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

As the youngest of 4 the other three were sisters, i used to get my fair share of slaps/etc and yes i hit em back.....had to !!

dosent happen now though but i have to agree if they hit you hit em back,,, ive seeen a few mates have some pretty mean birds having a pop and they just stood there!!!

I dont condone violence, but i wont stand there and get tagged..

mart
Old 30 November 2003, 12:15 AM
pennylane
Scooby Newbie

ok...but what if you the guy wasn't hit first????
Old 30 November 2003, 12:17 AM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

In answer to the question - no.

Irrelevant of the person who starts.
Old 30 November 2003, 12:19 AM
dazc2
Scooby Regular

In self defence I would retaliate.
Old 30 November 2003, 12:21 AM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

Equality, that's what it's all about.

You wanna earn the same as us, go to the same places and be treated like us, then if you deserve a punch, your gonna get one.

I would have an element of restraint about hitting a lass compared to a bloke. But if needs be, then you get the ultimate equality.

Steve
Old 30 November 2003, 12:25 AM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

why wuld u weanna hit a woman, ? you r a ***** if u hity a girl, lay off um[img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
DONT HIT WOMEN OR ILL KILL YER

cha0s

[Edited by chaos. - 11/30/2003 12:31:01 AM]
Old 30 November 2003, 12:36 AM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

You wanna earn the same as us, go to the same places and be treated like us, then if you deserve a punch, your gonna get one.
Im sorry buddy but if u hit a woman u would get twatted, u ***** [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

that makes me sick [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

chaos
Old 30 November 2003, 12:37 AM
homer lawtey
Scooby Regular

Whan a bloke gives you loads of hassle and won't walk away when you keep quiet, it ends up in fight.

Why should it be different when someone without a d*ck does the same?

Some of the most violent fights I've seen are not only caused by women, but involve them too. Blokes think they shouldn't hit a woman, but when one picks up a bottle and is willing to use it, they get their ***** kicked.

Steve

PS, my wife is a kickboxer and believes the same as me!!!!
Old 30 November 2003, 12:49 AM
MART X
Scooby Regular

if a birds attacking me i'm gonna use minimum force to stop her, but to be honest i prefere *******' em to fightin' em lol!
Old 30 November 2003, 12:55 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

glad i live in the south.
Old 30 November 2003, 01:12 AM
choose
Scooby Newbie

I agree with the *******.....lol!! The only case would be self defense...there are some big birds out there. But you never hit a women or pick a fight with them....it's called respect and having morals!!!!
Old 30 November 2003, 01:50 AM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Question

So is it OK to hit a bloke then? If so, why? What makes it so different if you hit a bloke rather than a woman?

I personally try and steer clear of fights regardless but I'm interested in the people who say it's not OK to hit a woman. Do you think it's OK to hit a man, or not OK to hit anyone?

In a twisted kind of way you are keeping women in the past on their special pedestal and back about 50 years IMHO. If a woman gave me just cause to hit her, I would, same with a bloke. In my 30 odd years though, I have yet to hit someone (apart from when very young in school playground ) as I can rationalise my way round the violence.

What I don't agree with is domestic stuff where person A continually hits on person B be they male-male, male-female, female-female. There's as much domestic violence goes on in the home coming from the women as much as the men. Is it OK for them to beat people up?

I thought we leaved in a modern equal society

chaos, if some woman got in a fight with you, say for example homer lawtey's good lady, and she started kickboxing you for real, would you just stand/lie there and take it, or would you hit back? Not having a go, just curious. I personally would fight back but that's me (I'd also probably end up with a broken nose, and my ***** in the back of my throat )

In case you were wondering, my missus completely agrees with my comments

[Edited by Hanslow - 11/30/2003 1:53:39 AM]
Old 30 November 2003, 02:03 AM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

chaos, if some woman got in a fight with you, say for example homer lawtey's good lady, and she started kickboxing you for real, would you just stand/lie there and take it, or would you hit back? Not having a go, just curious. I personally would fight back but that's me (I'd also probably end up with a broken nose, and my ***** in the back of my throat
I would never hit a girl, even if shes a black belt, a man will always hit harder than a woman, its just not right, each time a girls started on me (only once) I just walk away from it regardless..

only if shes got a weapon etc would i fight back....

chaos

Old 30 November 2003, 07:21 AM
Luke
BANNED

Depends on the type of "Hit"? A full fist hard to the mouth is well out of order..But I have seen a lady getting a slap as she was attacking her boyfriend with her high heels and making a mess of him.

I hope to god i would never hit my wife... My heart would bleed for years if I did..

ps...dont do it in front of me...... Not fond of things like that
Old 30 November 2003, 09:48 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I did smack a girl in the face once but she had me in a choke hold and I was starting to black out. I was sat down behind a table and she attacked me from behind so I had little option. Felt guilty about it too.
Old 30 November 2003, 09:56 AM
RichiW
Scooby Regular

naa, chaos would have just sat there and took it
Old 30 November 2003, 09:59 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

No, it is not right. Unless you have to save yourself from serious injury or worse.

Les
Old 30 November 2003, 11:16 AM
CustomScoobyIOM
Scooby Regular

No - Point.

Unless spanking counts????
Old 30 November 2003, 11:53 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Women want equal rights for everything, so if it's OK to hit a bloke then it's OK to hit a woman.

Not that I agree with domestic violence, but if a bird hit me, I'd have no qualms in hitting her back
agreed
ive knocked a couple out in my time but they were seriously pissing me off and they had been warned, and warned, and warned, and warned, and warned for ages before hand, and then i got the "come on then big fella" speach with them starting to knock me about and stuff

so i knocked them the **** out
felt great
dont care what anybody thinks lol
id do it again if i was in the same situation

cant have 1 rule for men and 1 rule for women these days, spesh when they cream equal rights, hey if it was a man i would have probably knocked hi out a lot earlier tho, suppose thats not very equal is it

ok the next woman to say sumthing slightly dodgy gets a flying dropkick of the top rope :lmao:
Old 30 November 2003, 12:27 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Arrow

Dont really understand the whole point of this post. If an assault has taken place against a man or a woman, and, by a man or a woman then that is illegal. Job done.
Old 30 November 2003, 01:03 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

i think the general answer to the question is no. there are men (and women, probably) who think it's ok to resolve domestic arguments with violence, and my advice to anyone in that kind of situation is leave them and don't ever go back.

as to hypothetical agruments about what you would do if you were physically attacked by a woman - that is a different question and i expect most people would do what they had to to defend themselves.

(edited due to hangover spelling )

[Edited by ProperCharlie - 11/30/2003 1:04:54 PM]
Old 30 November 2003, 01:13 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

In general, no one should hit anyone unless it's in self defence.

And if you are in a self defence situation, then there should be little difference between a man and a women. You are just fighting off your attacker.

Steve.
Old 30 November 2003, 01:37 PM
Luke
BANNED

Women want equal rights for everything, so if it's OK to hit a bloke then it's OK to hit a woman. Not that I agree with domestic violence, but if a bird hit me, I'd have no qualms in hitting her back
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

agreed
ive knocked a couple out in my time but they were seriously pissing me off and they had been warned, and warned, and warned, and warned, and warned for ages before hand, and then i got the "come on then big fella" speach with them starting to knock me about and stuff

so i knocked them the **** out
felt great
dont care what anybody thinks lol
id do it again if i was in the same situation

cant have 1 rule for men and 1 rule for women these days, spesh when they cream equal rights, hey if it was a man i would have probably knocked hi out a lot earlier tho, suppose thats not very equal is it

ok the next woman to say sumthing slightly dodgy gets a flying dropkick of the top rope :lmao: --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Knocked them out........... bet that turned you on.

[Edited by Luke - 11/30/2003 1:38:49 PM]
Old 30 November 2003, 02:13 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs up

My lad got started on last summer by a French youth, while he was waiting for his mum to come out of the post office.
He gave the lad a good hiding, and then the kid's girlfriend started too.
He just held her at arm's length, or pushed her off, never struck her at all.

Once the fight stopped, the local French blokes were all on my lad's side, not just because he got started on, but the concensus of opinion was still that even though the lass started too, you don't hit girls.

Alcazar
Old 30 November 2003, 02:28 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

LOL @ Chaos with his '*****' comment! I know women that could beat crap out you in about 2 seconds flat - so what would you do if one attacked you in the street. A few of my martial art instructors work doors in Edinburgh and the one thing they all agree on is that women are utterly vicious when they start fighting. If you don't defend yourself you'll take one hell of a shoeing!

I personally don't think ANYONE should hit ANYONE under any circumstances but if someone attacks me I will not descriminate. I'd possibly use considerably less force against a women when defending myself as ultimately my goal will almost certainly be defence.

There is no excuse for people to hit anyone anyway - its just weakness if you resort to fighting!

Quick Reply: Should men allowed to hit women???????