Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Godfather pts 1-3

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2003, 03:05 PM
Ravster
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I just finished watching The Godfather series, and enjoyed them thoroughly.

OK, they're a bit slow and long, but beautifully shot, and I couldn't take my eyes away from the screen! Not many films make me do that. Part 1 was the most compelling for me, I loved Marlon Brando playing Vito!

IMHO, they are about a mans relationship with his family, but would be interested to hear other opinions (even if you didn't like 'em!)
Old 10 December 2003, 03:42 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

The Godfather 1 and 2 are two of the finest films ever made. There is a TV version that Coppola did where he put them in chronological order - the purists didn't like it as it was split into 5 episodes, but that is how I first saw them.

Landmark film making - just like Fast and Furious 2, but for very different reasons

tiggers.
Old 10 December 2003, 03:50 PM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

great films, i remember a couple of years back i was ill, watched all 3 parts in one day, enjoyed every minute of it.

keep your friends close, but your enemies closer
Old 10 December 2003, 03:55 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

all three are great films in my poinion, even though most purists dont rate the 3rd particularly highly

apart from the obvious reason why they are so great theres little things that make it so good, from a filmmakers perspective. things such as the train rumbling in the background when michael is going to kill the police chief in part 1, adds tension without resorting to music like most other films as well as the casting ( de niro as vito in part2, absolutely perfect.

part two is by far my favourite film of all time, watched it maybe 50 times and you can always pick up on different things every time you watch it. brilliant