Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Today justice was done

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2003, 07:45 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I spent the day in court today suporting a mate who was defending against a ridiculous "Claims Direct" type personal injury claim.

4 years ago my mate was involved in a road accident. As he was travelling through a busy junction with pubs on both sides of the road at 10:30 on a friday night, a drunk pedestrian ran in front of his car, from behind a vehicle waiting to turn right, and was run over.

Luckily, the court beleived my friend's version of events, that the "victim" was drunk and that the traffic lights were on green despite the "victim"'s assertions that he wasn't drunk and that the lights were red. They even argued against the copper that attended the scene who made the time to come to court on his day off to give evidence.

It really restores your faith in the justice system to see a lying ******* walk away with nothing after spending 4 years of his life and 4 solicitors to try and get £1500 in compensation.
Old 10 December 2003, 07:47 PM
iDLe*
Scooby Regular

True and I'm glad it worked this time, it also fails miserably on too many occasions as I've learnt all too well.

Old 10 December 2003, 08:26 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Only bad thing is the **** that walked away with nothing did exactly that. He should have been locked up for lying,wasting everyones time and for all the stress that your mate has had to deal with whilst waiting for the case to come to court.

chip.
Old 10 December 2003, 10:24 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Only bad thing is the **** that walked away with nothing did exactly that. He should have been locked up for lying,wasting everyones time and for all the stress that your mate has had to deal with whilst waiting for the case to come to court.
Absolutely! Whatever happened to the crime of perjury? [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]
Old 11 December 2003, 12:13 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I told my mate from the day of the accident to put a counter claim in against the tosser.

Basically his car needed a new windscreen and had a small dent on the bonnet, only the screen was repaired but then my mate had to sell the car because his insurance co. took away his ncd until the claim was sorted.

He also suffered from pretty bad insomnia which started a few days after the accident and he still suffers with.

You should have seen the pedestrians statement, he reckons that despite having a certificate from his doctor after 4 months proclaiming him fully fit, his work kept him on light duties and he ended up taking voluntary redundancy 2 years later as a direct result of the accident and still has to get his son and daughter in law to do any heavy lifting for him [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img]

The funniest part of the whole thing was watching him talk about the injuries to his left leg then being shown 3 seperate medical reports showing the injury was to his right leg which he claimed was a mistake on the part of 3 independant doctors at 2 different hospitals. He also claimed he was 1 step away from the pavement when he was struck and was somehow thrown backwards across the car causing damage only to the drivers side of the vehicle.

Like I said earlier, the attending police officer gave up his own personal time to come and give evidence which was fantastic, he was actually on holiday with his wife but came to court for the day.
Old 11 December 2003, 12:18 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Buy that plod a pint or 10 for dedication and loyalty to his job - hats off to whoever he is!
Old 11 December 2003, 12:23 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Good

I'm glad your m8 won this fraudulent case.

But it is idiots like this chap, who bring a bad mark against PI solicitors and compensation claims, for those that are actually deserving of a sucessful case.
Old 11 December 2003, 12:23 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

glad to see that some of these t*ssers are getting told to sling it. last one that we had dropped the claim before it got to court. got another one in progress at the moment - for a cut finger, of all things! the good thing is that now insurance co's are more willing to fight claims, where previously it was usually decided that it would be cheaper to pay the claim than defend it. this attutude is what opened the floodgates in the first place.
Old 11 December 2003, 12:32 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

As i sit next to out Third Party Recovery Team I get to see some classic 'P' injuries:

A bloke who disfigured his ***** on a broken toilet seat by somehow getting it caught underneath the seat in a hotel room - yeah right!

[Edited by Scooby96 - 12/11/2003 12:33:13 PM]