Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police - Well Done

Search this Thread

Old 31 December 2003, 01:51 AM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With all of the recent police "bashing", I'd just like to say that I think the majority of the Police force do a great job.

There will always be a minority element of idiots in any type of job, but, as most sensible people do, don’t judge everyone by that one encounter.

Just out of interest, how many other countries in the world have a Police force where the majority of which do not carry guns?

I also think its a disgrace that the man convicted of Manslaughter where he dragged a policeman hanging onto a car was killed, received only 13 years. Before you say it, this is not "oh lets bring back hanging..." 13 Years is not enough. With good behaviour the guy will be out in 6 and a half years.

6 and a half years does not equal any persons life.
Old 31 December 2003, 07:56 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Angry

I have to agree with you on that one, I see no reason with the help of DNA why hanging should not be bought back for murder, and for all you do gooders out there just think for one second how you might feel if it was a member of your family.
Cheers
Colin
Old 31 December 2003, 08:04 AM
stephen emery
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

so we will not have any cops. I wonder who you would ring if you had anything nicked? or a loved one gets atacked ( soon become keen on dna testing then eh!!!
Yep the cops have a down side but me thinks they do a bl@@dy good job overall, for little cash and little reward.

Steve
Old 31 December 2003, 08:11 AM
v5 man
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have applied for the police force and now await proccessing. I am interested very much in the job, but myself have not encountered too many GOOD cops. getting pulled frequently in my scoob for nowt is unbelievably frustrating, but it makes me more determined to do the job and be a better policeman than the power crazy idiots I have met.
this is of course gonna be different from most peoples experiences and i know there are a lot of excellent officers out there (and on SNet) I just dont seem to get pulled by them. "you drive a Subaru, thats why we stopped you" is cr@p!!!

Cliff
Old 31 December 2003, 10:06 AM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

V5 Man.....You have mail.

Old 31 December 2003, 10:31 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

DNA isnt 100%, it proves who something belongs to but not how it got there. We need to sort the prison system out and give proper sentences, none of this namby pamby 10yrs reduced to 5 if your good. You kill someone you spend minimum 25 yrs behind bars. You nick something then you get a decent sentence, not community service or the like.

Simon.
Old 31 December 2003, 10:35 AM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

I agree P1 but this is not a matter for the Police.

They are here to detect crimes, make arrests and then present the offenders and all of the evidence before the CPS and the courts.

They do not get to decide sentences (Unfortunatly)

Sentencing and parole laws need to be reviewed. We also need more prisons as one of the main reasons for early release and comunity service instead of imprisonment is the lack of prison space.

Makes my blood boil.

Old 31 December 2003, 10:37 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

BS - sorry thats what I meant. It aint the police and bringing back hanging isnt the answer. The courts need to shape up and sort themselves out. And none of this "well the UK court found me guilty so I will go the european court of rights and get off scott free".

Simon.
Old 31 December 2003, 10:51 AM
Badger Stuffer
Scooby Regular

Simon....Arrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

I forgot about those *******.

Now that really does take the pi55. Fecking Europe.

Jason.
Old 31 December 2003, 11:26 AM
BlackScoobyWRX
Scooby Regular

Angry

There are good and bad in every profession.
My experience of the police ranges from very professional to jumped up little pipsqueaks on a power trip - that's the way it is.
Police carrying guns - nooooooooooo. Look what happens in countries where they do, how many innocent people are killed and wounded?
Police badly paid - I don't think so. They don't only get their basic salary you know.
In summary, the police do a difficult job governed by too much 'red tape' but they do it by choice.
Old 31 December 2003, 02:11 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

amazing isn't when you get some posters saying how much greif they get off the police when they """" haven't done anything wrong""""
How come I can drive around with no number plate on the front of the vehicle, probably be the loudest car about, probably the most recognisable car about and still not get tugged !!!
and... a drive nearly everywhere a little over the speed limit.

conduct, respect and sense !

Andy

Oh and well done to the police force. A very hard job to do well I should imagine.
Old 31 December 2003, 02:22 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

I agree with BlackScoobyWRX - even the police are only human so I wouldnt have a problem being pulled over provided the treatment dished out was fair, ie if I had small plates then warn me/give me a defect notice or if I was taking the **** then fine me, same with an overly loud zorst etc or if theres something seriously unroadworthy about my car then deal with it accordingly. Most sensible people know when theres something wrong with their car and if they dont then its their duty to know.

99% of the police I've dealt with have been fair and on a few occasions to the point but even then it could have been alot worse. Hats off to them.

On another note I dont see their argument about pay - they knew or should have known what the job entails, what the hours are, and above all how much the pay is. Thats not to say I dont think they're not worth more money. I'd happily accept ANOTHER 17% increase on my council tax if all the extra went into policing rather than inept local council penpushers!

Old 31 December 2003, 02:30 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face

I am a major fan of the police and wouldn't want to even try to do their job. Law and Order is a vital element of any civilised society and that some of them are rubbish is just a fact of life. Get over it.

So my helmeted friends, I raise my glass to you all in toast to wish each and every one of you a happy new year. (Now if that doesn't get me off some future offense I don't know what will ).

Suresh
Old 31 December 2003, 02:38 PM
csm007
Scooby Regular

FUZZ so right m8 ! like i have said in past do some thing wrong accept your punishment AND JUST MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE ! makes sence to me chris
Old 31 December 2003, 02:43 PM
csm007
Scooby Regular

NICE ONE ! shuresh need more posts like these !
Old 31 December 2003, 05:09 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

I understand that we do not have a Police Force in the UK, it is now the Police Service. Is this when everything started going downhill, they offer a Service with no Force. Lets get back to a Police Force so that they can do the job they are paid for, and its what they do well.
Old 02 January 2004, 08:09 AM
Chris29
Scooby Regular

Hold on a minute!!!!

'Police badly paid - I don't think so. They don't only get their basic salary you know.'

Whoa, sweet child of mine!!!

Am i missing some magic payment? Have i missed out on extra mohoney?

What's this magical extra cash then?

As a patrol officer with 3 years service and with all deductions taken out of my pay i take home on average £1200 a month. With overtime perhaps 1300.

New Years Eve someone tried to kill me. SERIOUSLY.

Kindly re-phrase, explain or retract!!!!

(Not a flame, just wondering what you mean?)
Old 02 January 2004, 08:18 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

New Years Eve someone tried to kill me. SERIOUSLY.
Told you not to buy the mrs a power drill for christmas but nooooo..
Old 02 January 2004, 08:21 AM
Chris29
Scooby Regular

Did your finger get stuck on the 'o'!!!!!
Old 02 January 2004, 08:29 AM
Katana
Scooby Regular

Hey I'm doing my best to do an Americano accent.
Old 02 January 2004, 10:32 AM
BlackScoobyWRX
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Chris29
This isn't the forum to discuss your pay m8 - YHM.