Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Choices.....

Search this Thread

Old 17 January 2004, 05:59 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

The wife didn't **** and moan when I said that I was going to look at buying a new car today, which means that I can buy a new car. However, at the moment, I am torn between these two....

Or,

I'm tempted to stick with the ST but that 350 is damn good-looking!
Which one, do you reckon?
Old 17 January 2004, 06:15 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

At risk of sounding predictable, go for the scooby.

I sat in a 350Z at the MPH03 show last year, it felt really plasticky and disappointing. As an only car, it wouldn't be a practical proposition either. Try getting bags of garden rubbish, or a pair of skis and a suitcase, or a month's shopping in the 350.

It's better in that regard than the RX-8, though, but I still have a feeling that I'll be replacing my scooby with another scooby...
Old 17 January 2004, 06:24 PM
zilch
Scooby Regular

Taff, after 6 years of scooby ownership, i am getting rid of my UK300 in July and replacing it with a 350Z. Not sure what finish Andy saw, but the one i drove seemed very solid both on the outside and inside and quite appealing (even more so with the GT Pack)...The V6 is quite spritely and it moves quickly even from low rev bands..limited to 155, 0-6 under 6 seconds,so its no slouch.. Totally agree about the boot space though (but enough room for the toothbrush ..You might be surprised how many scoob owners are actually thinking about moving..a few on the 350Z forum.. Also to put it into perspective, the Insurance for me on a ZED is half of an STI8, as Craigfin as also confirmed on this forum and has comparable(ish) performance

Cheers

Jim
Old 17 January 2004, 06:42 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

It's all subjective, I guess. I'm not surprised there are a good few scooby owners looking for a change - there are days when I don't really want the attention that a noisy machine with big scoops and spoilers attracts, and I don't like the idea of being condemned to drive the same model of car forever!
Old 17 January 2004, 06:44 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Saw a new RX8 in London on Friday, looked very nice, but very quiet too

My next car will probably be a bug eye, or blob eye, (currently have a classic) but not sure after that

Old 17 January 2004, 11:12 PM
Albert47
Scooby Regular

Taff,

Contact "CRAIGFIN" I know him pretty well.

He owns a WRX STI scooby and he test drived a Nissan 350Z recently, Believe me! He knows everything about these cars. I think he will point you in the right direction!!

Adam
Old 18 January 2004, 12:00 AM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Question

Mmmm....I'll try and find Craigfin and see what he has to say. Don't get me wrong, I love the old Scooby but like zilch implies, there comes a time when you have to move on. Yet, the Scooby does have the practicality.......

Trending Topics

Old 18 January 2004, 12:15 AM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

Taff,

Hello matey. I currently own an MY99 STI Type-R. I have also done about 2-3 months worth of research on the 350Z. Most of the opinions on here will be pro Scooby. I can come from a position of driving both.

My Type-R has been faultless in two years of ownership and has mental performance. The 350Z I have test driven is simply stunning. The car looks great in photos but is stunning in the flesh. Do not consider this car if you are a "shrinking violet" as the amount of slackjawed stares I got on my test drive was unbelievable. The engine note is the best engine I have ever heard and just keeps on pulling. The performance is not as mental as my Type-R but the driving experience is far better. The car I tested only had 305 miles on it so there would be more performance to come. This car oozes class and I will be getting one.

How many cars on the market can claim to have a carbon fibre driveshaft and "fly-by-wire" throttle.

Have a look here!! for more info.

HTH

Craig.

Old 18 January 2004, 12:21 AM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

Taff,

Just to add, a guy at my local dealer traded in a nearly new 911 turbo for a 350Z telling the dealer "it was one of the best sports cars he had ever driven". Quite a testament!!

Craig.
Old 18 January 2004, 12:48 AM
rav4640
Scooby Regular

dont think i,d mind one, but i need rear seats