Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

"Cats" at Kings Theatre Glasgow

Search this Thread

Old 17 February 2004, 11:32 AM
Judge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry "Cats" at Kings Theatre Glasgow

Please allow me to save you several pounds on the ticket and 3 hours of your life by telling you this.DO NOT go to see this pile of tosh! I feel like such an idiot falling for the hype which surrounds this musical because it truly is utterly dull and uninteresting ot the point that I ended up looking round the audience to see if I was alone in my disbelief at how boring it was. The fact is I was not alone and people were actually walking out as the signature tune of Cats was being sung (Memory BTW).I say sung,I mean murdered! After the interval well over 100 seats were empty including mine and my mates (Who is a professional singer himself). There were several other perplexed faces who presumably sat through the second half "because it's Cats" and therefore must be good. It was complete garbage and a total waste of a night!

Please avoid like the plague!
Old 17 February 2004, 12:36 PM
Big C
Scooby Regular

Not according to my mother and sister, who enjoyed the night.
As they had no previous experience to base it on (e.g. seeing the real thing at the West End or Broadway), they felt it was value for money and quite a professional performance.
They mentioned the place was packed, they had really good seats, and had a meal before and a few drinks afterwards, so maybe they were talking about the whole nights' experience rather than the performance.

Personally I couldn't give a monkeys (would rather go to the dentists), but thought I would share others thoughts on the subject.

C
Old 17 February 2004, 12:50 PM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Go see Jerry Springer the opera then, Now THATS entertainment, nearly wet my panties several times...