Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Average speed fines on Autoroutes to Paris

Search this Thread

Old 25 February 2004, 03:53 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Average speed fines on Autoroutes to Paris

On Friday I'm blatting to Paris (CDG airport) and back. It's going to be a long day so I don't want to be pootling on the autoroutes. Which sections are timed? How fast can you get away with going?
Old 25 February 2004, 03:57 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

Which sections are timed?
I think that all sections that you pay to use are timed. The ticket issued at a pay booth has the time on it; this is checked with the current time when you reach the next pay booth. If you got there too quickly, you get a fine.
Old 25 February 2004, 03:59 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

If you are on the autoroute then you can get caught by the gendarmes easily, you get a ticket at point A then pay at point B. they can work out your speed by time elapsed. They also like to hang around with speed guns under bridges. If you cruise just under 160kph and overtake a little quicker than this then you should get away with it.

List of fixed radars at :http://www.radarsfixes.com/

You will be in big trouble if you have a radar detector/deflector they are illegal. Last time I got caught I told the to55er to keep the change from my €100 note (fine €90) which pissed him off no end, or perhaps it was my smug grin.

Whatever you do don't get caught doing in excess of 160kph or you will be in a 'world of ****' - remember the M3 driver who got caught and gaoled for 7 days for doing 220kph.
Old 25 February 2004, 04:41 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Brilliant - thanks guys. Will cruise at 140.
Old 25 February 2004, 05:10 PM
Howee
Scooby Regular

On one of our Ski runs a few years back one of our guys got stopped for doing 120 in his A8 (when the 4 police bikes surrounded him he was doing 140 but the camera had him at 120 ). It all got a bit complicated as he had apparantly run over a policewomans foot in Paris the year before so they dragged him off to the station. He eventually got to the chalet 10 hours later having paid a fine of about 1000 francs (he blagged the other incident as no-one spoke english!).

I've heard that you can be fined for the time taken between booths but have never had any problems in all the trips I've done to the Alps. We usually cruise at about 100 - 120. Mind you, if you're in a scoob doing those speeds you'll be filling up with petrol between sections and that'll add some time to the journey
Old 25 February 2004, 05:16 PM
DBY
Scooby Regular

Angry

Got done just south of Reims August 03 standard 90 euro fine 104 mph had Nero 6 on dash turned off!! Tosser. Did not have enough money on me at the time so they made me drive to nearest town to get money. They held on to Passport and driving licence till I returned cost me about 2 hours in total best to stick to 80/85 mph then you won't have a problem.

John
Old 25 February 2004, 05:29 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

It's really no longer worth getting caught over there. On the spot fines can now be massive, using radar detectors can carry a 10,000 Euro fine and a possible 3 year ban, and over 50kph more than the posted limit will get you into a world of hurt: hauled off to the magistrate, almost certain jail time, and your car immobilised..

Two years ago, there was ONE spped trap in 780km of French roads that I travel frequently.
Last week I saw 8!!!!!!!!!!!!! The French have decided to have some of the British Scamera action, and the resulting revenue. And from later this year, apparently, any points you would have got over there, you WILL get!!!!

I'd not bother.

Alcazar

Last edited by alcazar; 25 February 2004 at 05:30 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 25 February 2004, 05:33 PM
jk100
Scooby Regular

Never had a problem, but I think it's because you're having to fill up every one and a half / two hours in the scoob, so you're average speed is not that good. In fact, I remember consistently overtaking the same Land Rover Discovery on my last trip from the Alps.