Civilians to operate speed camera vans / traps! GRR

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2004, 03:56 PM
EvilKyote_1
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Civilians to operate speed camera vans / traps! GRR

Anyone see it on the news yesterday?

How fecking rediculous is that! I think it's out rageous! oh, and it gets better!! There salaries will be paid from the fines they issue what is this stinking fecking crappy situation going to turn into next?!! FFS!!! this makes my blood boil!

Old 26 February 2004, 04:05 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Sounds good, must get my name down for this. Can get all the BMW drivers and Police cars, most excellent!
Old 26 February 2004, 04:17 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

There are already moves to challenge the use of civillians operating talivans.

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/t...80899&f=10&h=0

Although that's nothing to what the swiss do!
http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...p?storyId=8059
Old 26 February 2004, 04:19 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Question

Advertising in the local press here for civvy operators.

Maybe Burr or someone can confirm but I thought that a constable must form an impression that a vehicle was speeding in order to test the therory using a speed gun. Not sure whether a civvy can be classed as a constable.
Old 26 February 2004, 04:38 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Well, it'll give the traffic wardens something to aspire to then!

The only good thing I could ever see coming of this is that it won't be coppers doing this, and thus they could be chasing real criminals and not motorists.

As it's going to be a civvy in the van and not a copper, I'd be more inclined to 'have a word' what's the civvy going to do, nick you?.
Old 26 February 2004, 04:53 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Told you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i highlighted this months ago!!!!!!!!!

it takes the responsibility away from plod

Cue the excuse

"its not us its the civilian operators, we would excersise discretion when using speed scameras"

lol

Mart

wardens camera operators the new social lepers
Old 26 February 2004, 05:06 PM
Andy McCord
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

job advert in lancashire police website

Mobile Enforcement Technician (12 posts)
36 hours 15 minutes per week
LC 5 £14,958 - £16,938 plus shift allowance and weekend working enhancements (as applicable)
Posts based at Blackburn, Burnley, Blackpool, Lancaster, Chorley / Ormskirk, Preston

Applications are invited for the post of Mobile Enforcement Technician within the Lancashire Constabulary as part of the Lancashire Road Safety Project.

Successful applicants will be responsible for carrying out speed enforcement throughout the county and therefore the posts are available at the above locations. The successful applicant will be expected to work a shift pattern including evening work and weekends on a rota basis.

Applicants will be required to work on their own initiative and will be responsible for the care and of vehicles, equipment, the monitoring of enforcement sites, and the preparation of written reports. Applicants will also be required to prepare and give evidence for court appearances.

Applicants will be provided with a full uniform and the successful candidate must have the ability to communicate clearly and articulately, as well as capable of producing concise and clear written reports. Candidates should be punctual and have a good attendance record.

The position does require an amount of physical strength for the lifting and moving of heavy equipment and as such applicants should be fully fit to perform the duties of the post.

A full U.K. car driving licence is essential. Motorcycle entitlement would be an advantage though not essential.

Applicants should note that they must be available for interview on Monday 16th February 2004 and must be able to commence training on Monday 19th April 2004.

For an application pack please write to The Human Resources Department, Blackburn Police Station, Greenbank Business Park, Whitebirk Drive, Blackburn, Lancashire, BB1 3HT. Alternatively please email eastern-hr@lancashire.pnn.police.uk for an application pack. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 6th February 2004.

Trending Topics

Old 26 February 2004, 05:08 PM
jaf01uk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
Advertising in the local press here for civvy operators.

Maybe Burr or someone can confirm but I thought that a constable must form an impression that a vehicle was speeding in order to test the therory using a speed gun. Not sure whether a civvy can be classed as a constable.
Old Wild West film springs to mind "I'll just swear in a deputy for a posse?"
Think the question relating to the civilian "Impression of speeding" is that the film will provide the evidence and there is no grey area, your either speeding or your not,
I would just like to add that I am not in favour of this HUGE emphasis the authorities seem to put on speeding despite the fact that speed related accidents are not as big a problem as they make out! I suppose that they are quite happy for everyone to crash all over the place as long as they are travelling within the speed limit! The usual duck out of the real issue EDUCATION!