Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Camera vans / front fog lamps

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2004, 08:21 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Camera vans / front fog lamps

wouldn't it be great if these things could catch all the "I think i look cool" front fog lamp idiots, life would be so much better out on the road instead of having to constanly squink every few minutes as these ***** coming towards you burning more candles than the queen mothers mouldy birthday cake
Old 26 February 2004, 08:26 PM
greasemonkey
Scooby Regular

You have a point. Front or rear makes no difference as far as I'm concerned, if it's not foggy, there's no reason to have foglights on.

However, your comment does make me think. I wonder to what extent a powerful pair of driving lights either side of the number plate would white the camera out.
Old 26 February 2004, 08:27 PM
Steve vRS
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by andypugh2000
wouldn't it be great if these things could catch all the "I think i look cool" front fog lamp idiots, life would be so much better out on the road instead of having to constanly squink every few minutes as these ***** coming towards you burning more candles than the queen mothers mouldy birthday cake
Even better would be a camera to catch tailgaters, people who hog the outside lane, BMW drivers, people who pull out of junctions right infront of you, people who text on the move, people who can't use a roundabout properly and people who overtake on blind corners.

Even better would be to scrap the cameras and employ more cops who can catch the above as well as be reasoned with when being pulled for speeding on a clear road in perfect driving weather.

Steve
Old 26 February 2004, 08:43 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Steve Sherwen
Even better would be a camera to catch tailgaters, people who hog the outside lane, BMW drivers, people who pull out of junctions right infront of you, people who text on the move, people who can't use a roundabout properly and people who overtake on blind corners.

Even better would be to scrap the cameras and employ more cops who can catch the above as well as be reasoned with when being pulled for speeding on a clear road in perfect driving weather.

Steve
Strangely enough it seems that the worst offenders with the brightest and most dazzling fog lamps are the BMW drivers, these are also the ones that like to use lane 1 on a roundabout to get off at exit 4 on a 6 exit roundabout and the ones that go down the outside of a queue only to indicate left at the top of it and squeeze past all the poor folk who have waited for so long for their turn, each one that does that makes my wait even longer then they wonder why i shout abuse at the *****
Old 27 February 2004, 09:16 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Strangely Andy - all those things you mentioned annoy the **** off me as well. Does that mean I should sell the BM? What sort of car would you suggest I should buy to become a better driver?
Old 27 February 2004, 09:37 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Strangely Andy - all those things you mentioned annoy the **** off me as well. Does that mean I should sell the BM? What sort of car would you suggest I should buy to become a better driver?
A Subaru Justy would be a good starting point for your re-habilitation!
Old 27 February 2004, 01:10 PM
Subarstar
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fast bloke
Nah mate, just go onto BMWnet (if there is such a thing) and explain to the other BMW drivers where to find the indicators, and explain to them that No, your car is NOT faster than everything else on the road and if we want to pass you, in our scoobs, we will!
Old 27 February 2004, 01:27 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Subarstar
explain to the other BMW drivers where to find the indicators
BMW's are not fitted with indicators... they're not even on the options list anymore!
Old 27 February 2004, 07:31 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

I dont mind BMW's its just the arrogant w@nkers that drive them annoy me, I mean when was the last time you saw a BM indicating, giving way, letting someone out of a junction, driving WITHOUT front fogs on, being courteous and admitting they were wrong?? sorry time is up you have failed, all the above are like a woman having intelligent DNA, when they do get it in them they spit it out!