Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How can Britain be made Great again.

Search this Thread

Old 31 March 2004, 03:33 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How can Britain be made Great again.

Following on from Flightmans thread.

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=313727

Do you have any ideas on how we can get back the decent self respecting country that we used to have.

The social fabric of our society is breaking down,there seems to be no respect for families, or authority. Bring back tax benefits for the family unit.Its proven kids benefit from a having married parents rather than non married or even worse, two "gay parents".

I decree a return to well proven and demonstrated values,you earn what you work for and spend as you see fit.

Abolish income tax and put it on VAT.Works ok in Monaco.
That way you pay taxation on what you spend.

Doleys should do community service for their money.ex criminals should do one month unpaid community work for every year they spend in jail, to pay for their keep. Their property assets etc could also be used to fund their period in jail.

Stop immigration only allowing geniune asylum seekers who are in danger back home to enter the UK. Send home immediately those that rent.

Punish criminals for their crimes.

Bring back National service maybe. Discipline in schools should be brought back to teach the little brats to respect their elders. Didnt harm me or any of my class in the 70s 80s.

Stop people like Blair trying to solve the worlds problems when we cant even solve our own.

These are just a few things that come to mind in an instant. May be a bit radical but after 20 years of do-gooders and trying to please all of the people all of the fime maybe its time to take a different approach.

Chip.
Old 31 March 2004, 03:37 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.

I'd advocate execution of most of the the population, they aren't fit to live.
Old 31 March 2004, 03:39 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

National Service?

How many do you think would actually turn up to do it and who would pay for it?

A drastic overhaul of the benefits system would be a start. Cut people's money OFF - those who are sponging and living for free when they are quite able to work.

Making it unnattractive to be on the dole would solve many problems and stop the flow of people into the country who just come for the benefits.
Old 31 March 2004, 03:39 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

[flame suit on]

for the time being we should close the borders to immigrants.

no assylum seekers whatsoever.

Britain is being dragged down by those who only come here for free money - which would be better spent on services for those who contribute towards it.

ditto the National Service idea - if you're not going to uni then it's the army for 2 years

and when it comes to uni fees, it should go back to grants, but if you leave early you should pay it back.

Last edited by messiah; 31 March 2004 at 03:43 PM.
Old 31 March 2004, 03:40 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Oh, and putting a contraceptive chemical into the water supplies to every chav estate would help
Old 31 March 2004, 03:41 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
National Service?

How many do you think would actually turn up to do it and who would pay for it?

A drastic overhaul of the benefits system would be a start. Cut people's money OFF - those who are sponging and living for free when they are quite able to work.

Making it unnattractive to be on the dole would solve many problems and stop the flow of people into the country who just come for the benefits.

FP,
for the time being we should close the borders to immigrants.
no assylum seekers whatsoever.

Theres your answer. Stop giving money to Asylum seekers. We spend £Billions on them and for what?

Chip.
Old 31 March 2004, 03:46 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

National Service?
How many do you think would actually turn up to do it ...
Same rules as before apply, if you don't turn up, men in green kit turn up on your door and drag you away and you get a couple of extra months added on to the start of your national service spent in the slammer.

and who would pay for it?
That's a different issue, but one could argue that if a sense of discipline was instilled in to society, the costs related to vandalism, drugs etc etc would be reduced and would therefore subsidise the costs.

Trending Topics

Old 31 March 2004, 03:48 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

F Pierre- nice comment on the doleys (or should that be Dooleys) cut the hand outs down and a load of the scum in this country could f*ck off to then more obliging european neighbours;- France would be nice at this time of year,eh NACRO!
Old 31 March 2004, 03:52 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

National service would serve no real purpose.

The British Armed Forces are being cut as we speak to save money (to pay benefits LOL) and they only recruit people who are good enough to serve. Why would they want a load of spotty Burberry clad Chavs turning up?

Nat Service was a product of the Cold War.

Its introduction would merely create more criminals in the eyes of the law.
Old 31 March 2004, 03:56 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

<<<Do you have any ideas on how we can get back the decent self respecting country that we used to have.>>>

Yes.

We can't: Britain is f*cked, big time. Will the last Briton to leave, please turn out the lights to save the asylum seekers money

Alcazar
Old 31 March 2004, 03:56 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chip
Stop giving money to Asylum seekers. We spend £Billions on them and for what?
A mere drop in the ocean when you consider:

People on the dole
People on disability
People on housing benefit
Women having babies to get a 'free' house

I am not saying that they are all fiddling the system, but there are a portion of the population who want 'what is theirs' without actually putting anything in! People who abuse the system and bleeding us the taxpayer dry!

A prime example of this was publisised on Channel 4's 'Wife Swap', where a single family can claim £46k a year, which includes money from the govenment to pay off their own mortgage!!
Old 31 March 2004, 03:57 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

National service would serve no real purpose.

The British Armed Forces are being cut as we speak to save money (to pay benefits LOL) and they only recruit people who are good enough to serve. Why would they want a load of spotty Burberry clad Chavs turning up?

Nat Service was a product of the Cold War.

Its introduction would merely create more criminals in the eyes of the law.

They wouldnt be in Chav clothes would they but in khaki army gear. How would it create more criminals. Crime is higher now than its ever been since this country has had no discipline in schools etc.

Chip.
Old 31 March 2004, 03:58 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

jobseekers allowance / dole should be stopped for 6 months rather than 6 weeks if you quit or are sacked. 6 weeks is sod all, 6 months would make people think twice before packing in a job, and look for an alternative.
Old 31 March 2004, 04:01 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by messiah
jobseekers allowance / dole should be stopped for 6 months rather than 6 weeks if you quit or are sacked. 6 weeks is sod all, 6 months would make people think twice before packing in a job, and look for an alternative.
Yeah, your house and car.
Old 31 March 2004, 04:02 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

the wife swap example really brought the problem to light - I couldnt belive the "wife" in question was surprised she got hate mail after that - how on earth could she consider having 10 kids when no-one in the house had a job FFS! There should be limits on how many kids you can claim for - if you can't keep your pikey legs shut then it's tough ****.
Old 31 March 2004, 04:03 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

We have a DUTY as a safe country to accept our share of asylum seekers who, by the way, are DIFFERENT to illegal immigrants.

The problem is illegal immigration, NOT asylum seekers
Old 31 March 2004, 04:14 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

They wouldnt be in Chav clothes would they but in khaki army gear. How would it create more criminals. Crime is higher now than its ever been since this country has had no discipline in schools etc.

Chip.
It would create more criminals because they wouldn't turn up or be on the run after turning up.

The AWOL rate, especially in the Army is very high. And these people volunteered to be there!! Imagine forcing some of the lazy chav scum we have in this country to do a bit of hard work? Thay'd be on the run faster than you can say 'Modded Nova'.
Old 31 March 2004, 04:18 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

We have a DUTY as a safe country to accept our share of asylum seekers
Think we have more of a duty to the people who are already here to sort the bloody mess out a bit, then we open the gates again, but this time with a security guard on it rather than just a "Welcome" and the gates left wide open.

If you are in a lifeboat with a load of people on board and the boat springs a leak, do you plug the hole and then carry on rescuing the people in the sea or ignore the leak and pile in as many as you can? If you do the latter you are all going to end up back in the sea with no boat. If you stop to fix the boat, a few outside the boat may die while you fix it, but the ones in it will be safe and once it is fixed you can get some more in.
Old 31 March 2004, 04:28 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

The people who are 'already here' are, in life terms, relatively safe. In many cases, genuinie asylum seekers LIVES are at risk. Surely this come above the 'problems' that we have. There will ALWAYS be problems sorting out the immigration problem but it's small fry in comparison to people being persectuted and dying etc.

Remember it's illegal immigration that's the problem, not genuine asylum seekers (of which the number really isn't that high in relation to illegal immigrants)
Old 31 March 2004, 04:34 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Well, chip. I'm not taking part in this post (or any other like this) because the webmaster just gave me a big slap, Im not allowed to air my oppinions. Im not allowed to speak my mind so anything I say is worthless. (although people agree)

These kind of posts which are interesting IMO, are out of policy I'm afraid. PC bunch rule!

Last edited by chaos.; 31 March 2004 at 04:37 PM.
Old 31 March 2004, 04:34 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dracoro
We have a DUTY as a safe country to accept our share of asylum seekers who, by the way, are DIFFERENT to illegal immigrants.

The problem is illegal immigration, NOT asylum seekers
Yes maybe, but a hell of a lot of these so called asylum seekers are just illegal immigrants and have no right to be here.

Chip.
Old 31 March 2004, 04:42 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

In other words, they are NOT asylum seekers. They are just pretending to be as many can't get into the country by legitimate means (i.e. normal immigration).

Everyone going on about asylum seekers trivialises the awful things that they have been through to escape what has happened to them. They should be directing their anger towards illegal immigration, not asylum seekers.
Old 31 March 2004, 05:27 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Ok,point taken.
Kick the illegal immigrants out then. If they claim and are refused asylum then they should be removed immediately. Unfortunately they are not. They stay in the UK an appeal for years then just seem to get forgotten about. This is costing the UK taxpayer ie ME, Billions of £'s a year.

Chip.
Old 31 March 2004, 05:31 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Kicking the government out would solve more problems.
Old 31 March 2004, 07:11 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jye
Yeah, your house and car.
I think the deal is the 'decent, hardworking taxpayers' support the scum financially so they don't nick your car etc. From what I see today the scum gets the money and they're making the crime rate escalate. That's not the deal.

People who beg off the government should be given food not money. Benefits are a temporary, emergency help-me-not-starve thing aren't they? You should turn at the unemployment office and be given a box of food for the week. Rent/utilities should be paid direct. No cash handed out.
Old 31 March 2004, 07:18 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

They tried that with the food tokens for the asylum seekers and the PC brigade said it was violating their human rights.

I think it's been stopped now.
Old 31 March 2004, 07:23 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

They tried that with the food tokens for the asylum seekers and the PC brigade said it was violating their human rights.

I think it's been stopped now.
Yeah well its about time the POC brigade were told to F off isn't it. People have had enough of being fleeced of their hard earned money.

Chip.
Old 31 March 2004, 07:26 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Yeah well its about time the POC brigade were told to F off isn't it. People have had enough of being fleeced of their hard earned money.

Chip.
Indeed it is. But they seem to be in Government at present.

Since moving to London my political affinity has shifted somewhat........
Old 31 March 2004, 07:46 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

WTF?! They had to flee their homelands in fear of their lives and yet free food tokens 'violate their human rights'?!

I am at a loss for words.
Old 31 March 2004, 08:12 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

dracoro

i remember during the late 70,s /early 80,s we took in loads of boat people as diplaced migrants...

the sell was they were akin to asylum seekers our moral duty blah blah blah...

they were the ones who had paid to leave,,, came from educated backgrounds, and went on to become hard working citizens,,,

contrast that to today to the organised gangs of "asylum seekers " fleecing people in oxford st and other major capitals...

they speak perfect english whilst shopping but as soon as they have to provide personal information ie when buying mobile phones,,, they suddenly speak no english and have to use a translator,

as for there dress!!!! leather jackets nike trainers levi jeans....

WHO pays for all this.....

we had a visit from the dole office when my last company was laying off,

benefits due to most were either pitiful or non exsistant...

the comment from the dole office rep...

"if you mention asylum seekers and what they get, i am walking out ""

its not the fact that they get benifits, its that they expect it, and they get it with little fuss...

i had to endure humiliating interviews, told that my wife should support me, and i should take a menial job to bring in money....

as the previous posters have stated..

close the borders....

chuck out the failed applicants

capn hook should be the first!!!!!

and make the rest swear aliagence to the british nation!!!

it works in the us so why not here.....

its called give and take.................not take and take!!!!

Mart

oh and ps kick out the numpty at No 10

it wont be long before we have a revolution!!!!!

Quick Reply: How can Britain be made Great again.