Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Police harrasment/entrapment

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2004, 11:34 AM
SyHightower
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Police harrasment/entrapment

This week i have had the police try to push me into a race 3 times!. Twice in unmarked cars, but fully uniformed, and the one last night was a marked volvo.

Last night i was running really empty on fuel so not booting it at all, went around a major island, off a 30 zone onto a dual carrageway. i overtook 2 cars and was quite alarmed to see a car accelerating very fast really close behind with fogs on. i went to the speed limit of 70 and pulled in to the left hand lane. The car behind did also (driving 3 inches off my boot) at this point he has slowing and speeding up (classic signs of wanting a tussle) i saw an outline of something on top or his car (it was pitch black, and could have been a taxi for all i knew) so having the same treatment with unmarked cars earlier this week i eased back to arounds 50. at this point, he overtook at about 51 and gave me a good eying and to top it off he was smirking. we then went onto another island (30 zone) and i took a left, he went straight on.

now i know they have a job to do, but 3 times in a week takes the ****, especially last night.

anyone else had similar experiences?
Simon
Old 03 April 2004, 11:38 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would go and have a chat with the Chief and politely inform him how his officers are provoking you with driving you consider dangerous blah, blah, blah
Old 03 April 2004, 11:39 AM
SyHightower
Scooby Regular

thought about it but might end up making matters worse
Old 03 April 2004, 11:43 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be good if you got the car reg. Definately complain to the Chief constable. What you describe is dangerous driving & is a ban offence. Stick to the facts in your letter & don't mention entrapment, yet.
Old 03 April 2004, 11:43 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

And if it does..........take it higher
Don't forget - they have to catch you doing something wrong
Old 03 April 2004, 11:44 AM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Doing nothing makes things worse. If they do it again, complain again. Get a witness.
Old 03 April 2004, 11:48 AM
wrx
Scooby Regular

I've had this B4 and they are just hoping it is stolen so they can get rid of some adrenalin. If it's not then they will nick you cus they are jealous cus they can't afford nice cars.

Trending Topics

Old 03 April 2004, 11:50 AM
SyHightower
Scooby Regular

trouble is its litterally 3 roads away from my house (police headquarters is about 2 mins away) so i come accross police cars all the time.
Thinking of going out again tonight with my bro in law with a camcorder. as things are going should be able to get some footage.

Simon
Old 03 April 2004, 12:09 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Angry its a pain in the ****

Simon,
yes matey, its happened to me a number of times.

Got pulled over and was seriously pissed at the muppet who pulled me over. I got straight out of the car and walked to the rear and demanded to know why he had pulled me over.
He indicated that a lot of cars had been reported stolen ... blah blah bull**** .. bull****. I thought for a moment and said, hang on officer, if the car WAS stolen and I had a persuit vehicle behind me, why would I bother to pull over? And another thing, you would need a car a tad faster than that heap to keep up with this! Using logic obviously worked because he was unsure what to say. I asked for the name and badge number of both officers and indicated I was not happy at being pulled over for such a lame excuse, if the car was stolen or reported stolen, they would surely have been told by control when they queried the reg plate!

He wasn't happy to say the least but couldn't really do a great deal about it without having to explain his bull**** actions. Nottinghamshire police were the offending officers so beware guys. M1 near jnc 25.

"I could have been a police officer you know but they found out I could read and my parents were married". Bummer!

Wheelie
Old 03 April 2004, 12:17 PM
SyHightower
Scooby Regular

"I could have been a police officer you know but they found out I could read and my parents were married".

lol!

just pissed off cos i have a clean license, and never ever put my foot down in inapproriate areas
Old 03 April 2004, 02:09 PM
papascooby
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yep, happenned to me too, not in my scooby yet though
Old 03 April 2004, 02:26 PM
yoza
BANNED

When the blue lights come on, is there a law as to how fast you stop.
Or should I say, are you breaking the law if you stop too quick ?

I like to SLAM on before the first blue flash has expired, takes the smug look off the ******* face. And if he rams you he is in deep ****.

Always look in the RVM during this opperation for full view of the eye bulging, white knuckel moment.

Last week I was pulled for a none DVLA conforming front plate, the copper was traffic and driving a Volvo estate. He drove past me in the opposite direction, he nearly broke his kneck looking at the plate as I drove past. Then he did a big 'Starsky & Hutch' in the middle of the road, crime of the century.
He was accelerating hard as I noticed the lights on the front of the bobbing up and down as he changed gear. He was right behind me in a very short space of time and flicked on his blue lights.

BANG.......I slammed on, proper SLAMMED ON.

You should have seen his face.

He got out with his WPC partner, one looking a bit pale, and the other looking purple and rather pi55ed off.

He said "What the hell are you doing ?"

"Going the gym." I said.

It all went down hill after that.

Last edited by yoza; 03 April 2004 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03 April 2004, 02:31 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

No specific law, just reasonable driving. You could say he scared you so much that you did an emergency stop. However it sounds like you gave a lot of verbal after he stopped you that may not help you.
Old 03 April 2004, 02:35 PM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wheelie_sti
He indicated that a lot of cars had been reported stolen ... blah blah bull**** .. bull****. I thought for a moment and said, hang on officer, if the car WAS stolen and I had a persuit vehicle behind me, why would I bother to pull over?
Oh come on, I don't see the problem with this incident. From what you said, he didn't acuse you of stealing the car, you asked him why you were stopped, and he told you. How is he to know whether or not you'll stop before he turns the lights on? They're not exactly going to turn on the lights to pull you over, just to see if you will or not, and then continue on their way without stopping with you?!!

And another thing, you would need a car a tad faster than that heap to keep up with this! Using logic obviously worked...
Can you out run the helicopters they call in too? I don't see the logic in these points you put to him at all.
Old 03 April 2004, 03:02 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

'Can you out run the helicopters they call in too?'

quite funny you say that because i have always wanted to see if that is possible . (whilst having a 'Vice City' moment)

if* (in absolute optimum conditions), you had/nicked a VERY fast car/ decent bike i reckon you could pull it off. apparently the chopper the police most commonly use (cant remember what its called but i read it in Max Power so it must be true ) can only do 135, so if you had, say a 600bhp evo/skyline/scoob/cossie etc it would be possilbe if you could gt it upto about 180for long periods.

saying that it would have to be a very long, straight road, no other traffic, a full tank of petrol and some very good driving skills. it would be fun trying though.

anybody want to volunteer to test this out?
Old 03 April 2004, 03:27 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Ex Pug,

Dude, its not what they say its the derisary tone that they take such pride in using. Also, have you seen police, camera, action? These ********* don't give a damn if the police are using helicopters or not, they just grip it and rip it.

Rather than harassing people in decent vehicles why don't they do us all a favour and sort out the actual car criminals, oh thats right, it doesn't bring in any revenue.

Point taken and conceded about the copter tho mate, just wanted to **** off the traffic cop

wheelie

BTW ... you sound awfully like a cop mate

Last edited by wheelie_sti; 03 April 2004 at 03:33 PM.
Old 03 April 2004, 04:10 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Talking

LMAO @ the crap from some people on this thread.

Keyboard heroes
Old 03 April 2004, 04:25 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

yoza,

Did exactly the same when pulled by unmarked Volvo on the motorway a few years ago. I was doing a fair old lick when said unmarked car came acclerating up behind me and when literally a few feet from my rear bumper stuck his grill mounted lights on - I could only just see them as he was so close. Anyway it being a company Scooby and him being a police officer I decided that stopping as quickly as possible was a good idea. He so nearly hit me and the look on his dumbass face was worth the points and the fine.

BTW it was the middle of the day, dry, sunny, empty motorway so obviously my speeding was really dangerous and I was being menace to society
Old 03 April 2004, 04:29 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by tiggers
yoza,

He so nearly hit me and the look on his dumbass face was worth the points and the fine.
Yoza,

LMFAO steady on mate, just spilt stella on the keyboard

Pete
Old 03 April 2004, 04:29 PM
talizman
Scooby Regular

I got straight out of the car and walked to the rear and demanded to know why he had pulled me over.
You don't need a reason matey. You were driving a car on a road, therefore you may be stopped and required to produce your driving documents at any time.

if the car was stolen or reported stolen, they would surely have been told by control when they queried the reg plate!
Oh yeah, thats right.... when a car is stolen, whether the owner is aware or not, the officers should be using their crystal ***** to tell them that its stolen, shouldn't they?
Never mind the family that are on holiday while their car is blagged therefore no one knows that it is stolen yet.... Obviously the car is intelligent enough to update the PNC itself!

Any idea how many stolen cars are recovered before the owner has ANY idea their car is gone?

Thought not.

they will nick you cus they are jealous cus they can't afford nice cars.
I consider my MY96 WRX, MY00 UK Turbo, MY99 RB5 an MY03 STi PPP all to be "nice cars".......

LMAO @ the crap from some people on this thread.

Keyboard heroes
Here here!
Old 03 April 2004, 04:36 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by talizman
You don't need a reason matey. You were driving a car on a road, therefore you may be stopped and required to produce your driving documents at any time.
Jesus guys, lighten up, it almost sounds like we're defending the police and there actions/antics.

wheelie
Old 03 April 2004, 05:00 PM
dij
Scooby Regular

Jesus guys, lighten up, it almost sounds like we're defending the police and there actions/antics.

wheelie
Its true though

Police are entitled to do routine stop checks,wether theyre suspicious or bored.

As long as youve done nothing wrong you have nothing to worry about,
and being sarcy or cocky will only get you into unnecesary trouble.

Whenever Ive been stopped,I just stay polite and friendly and I have never had a problem.
I got stopped for speeding on the M1 nr Leeds.Recorded speed was 96mph,the copper noticed I was braking before he zapped me.
Staying calm and admitting to the offence meant i got 3 points and a £60 fine.
Werent too happy but it could have been alot worse,I didnt have to go to court either.
Old 03 April 2004, 05:05 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by dij
Staying calm and admitting to the offence meant i got 3 points and a £60 fine.
Werent too happy but it could have been alot worse,I didnt have to go to court either.
I know what you mean matey, staying calm is generally the best way to handle it, I just get so bloody sick of it. If I was driving like a complete idiot then I could understand it.

Hey ho, **** happens.
Amazed you only got 3 points for 96mph though mate, I was under the impression that over 95 was an instant ban?

Seriously well handled if thats the case mate.

Wheelie
Old 03 April 2004, 05:19 PM
SyHightower
Scooby Regular

i would of been more happy if he actually stopped me, but for driving like a loony behind me is hardly good policing.
As my 1st post suggests, i know they have checks to do etc, but blatantly trying to make me drive dangerously is frankly discusting. The other occasions when it happened was on the way to bradford / leeds on the M62 (astra turbo, and a flashy merc on seporate occasions) officers using the same sort of techniques, but saw they had uniforms onwhen they past.
I know there are a few bad apples in every basket but if it happened to you talizman, what would you do? (im only asking you as you have made it clear that your a copper)

Simon
Old 03 April 2004, 05:19 PM
sti555
Scooby Regular

Happens to me quite abit.. They follow me home most times too, so now I park on the drive after slowing "quickly" when their on my **** (nearly running into the back of me!) I then jump out of my car & scale my hedge & duck down!, then leg it!

Makes me laugh the look on their faces
Old 03 April 2004, 05:27 PM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt85

if* (in absolute optimum conditions), you had/nicked a VERY fast car/ decent bike i reckon you could pull it off. apparently the chopper the police most commonly use (cant remember what its called but i read it in Max Power so it must be true ) can only do 135, so if you had, say a 600bhp evo/skyline/scoob/cossie etc it would be possilbe if you could gt it upto about 180for long periods.

saying that it would have to be a very long, straight road, no other traffic, a full tank of petrol and some very good driving skills. it would be fun trying though.

anybody want to volunteer to test this out?
lol... typically (EC135) closer to 160mph, depending on wind direction.
Old 03 April 2004, 05:43 PM
wheelie_sti
Scooby Regular

Red face They're Here ......

Quick guys, lets get the hell outta here, this thread has been invaded by the Bill.

Its not bad enough you have a go at us on the roads is it?

wheelie
Old 03 April 2004, 06:04 PM
Rewolf
Scooby Regular

I got trapped a four years ago in a hidden speed trap. Not something obvious like a gatso that anybody could see, but instead under-road sensor and a hidden video camera behind the armco. I was driving an old Rover 400 at the time.
I had been caught on the road before, and for 2 years I had stuck exactly to the limit despite it only being 60 on a half mile streight dual carriageway with no junctions.
This afternoon there was a silver astra estate doing 50 in the left lane, so I pull out to overtake, as I get next to him he accellerates to match my 60. Ok I think, I'll take it to 65; he matches me again, will not let me get past him.
Check mirror, red BMW 3 series in distance - OK 3/4 mile to roundabout where I turn right, I'll stay in the right lane....check mirror BMW must be doing 90, he's getting very close, so I accellerate to 75 to get past the d*ckhead in Astra....
Check mirror - driver and passenger in BMW are both in white shirts and black ties, and passenger give thumbs up to Astra driver with big smile (yes they were that close). WTF??? I indicate, and pull over, check mirror - BMW is now behind me happy to be doing 60.
Two weeks later NIP appears. I KNOW that I hadn't exceeded limit on this road at any other time, apart from this one time to get out of the way of an agressive BMW driver and past an idiot that doesn't let people pass them. I tried writing - sorry no video equiped vehicles on road at time, you were caught in static camera. Can I see picture? Yes - worked out where the trap was, and only a couple of weeks later saw same blo*dy astra parked up in central reservation at exactly this point with copper fiddling with something behind armco.
Set-up or what? I would not have been speeding if those b*astards hadn't done what they did. Went to court - no chance of justice was there...£100 + 3 points.
From that point on, all policemen are complete w*nkers and I wouldn't tell them anything even if I knew that somebody had stuck a ton of C4 anywhere near a police station.
Old 03 April 2004, 06:07 PM
BedHog
Scooby Regular

Just head to the nearest airport, I believe that can give the helicopters a bit of a problem.

I had one following me yesterday, obviously in a hurry so I did 30 in a 40 zone for a good 3 miles and he couldn't get past. Wish I had a video recorder with me as I'm sure driving about 3ft behind is reckless. (Especially as out dated highway code has the stopping distance at 30 at about a mile and a half )

No respect for them anymore. Recently had someone threaten to kill me, phoned the police and they arrived around 30 hours later. Obviously to busy catching motorists. Maybe I should have said he threatened to kill me then drove away fast lol
Old 03 April 2004, 06:15 PM
Ex_Pug
Scooby Regular

Quick guys, lets get the hell outta here, this thread has been invaded by the Bill.

Its not bad enough you have a go at us on the roads is it?

wheelie
Yes, heaven forbid they should be allowed to stick up for themselves, or put their point of view across. Why do you have more of a right to post here than any Scooby owning police officer ffs?

Quick Reply: Police harrasment/entrapment