Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cousin may have stolen a huge sum from my Nan

Search this Thread

Old 25 April 2004, 10:48 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cousin may have stolen a huge sum from my Nan

My Aunt and Uncle split some years ago and, eventually my Aunt drank and smoked herself to death. My Uncle now has all 3 of his kids ranging from about 8yrs old up to 14. Trouble is, the kids haven't been brought up very well and the eldest, James is horrible.
He often skives school - my Uncle found that after dropping him off, he would walk in through one gate and back out another! He always wants money, not just a quid, but tenner's and will do anything to get it.
It was his younger sister's birthday recently and he opened one of her cards, took out the money and replaced with some cheap hairbands and re-sealed. Uncle found out after phoning around to thank all the freinds/relatives for gifts etc and came across the person and thanked them for the "hairband"....
If he dosen't get money, he breaks things in the house and has now stepped up his campaign. He recently tried to sell the TV!
My Nan has been saving hard for new windows and has kept a large amount of money hidden in her bedroom - I know, all old people seem to do this! The day before the new windows were due, she went to re-count her savings and to her horror, was £500 short!!! Only a week before this, James stayed over and she noticed he was being extra nice to her. Not long after, he stayed over again and she found 2 cigarettes and £80 under his pillow. My uncle says that he has not given him enough money for him to save this amount, and putting 2 and 2 together we are convinced that this is part of the £500 missing from my Nan's stash. My Nan is still very alert and we have ruled-out that she could be losing the plot.

I haven't seen the little jag-off since he was about 10 and he was an anoying git then! I'm really pissed off that he is allowed to behave like he does. My Uncle used to scare the hell out of my brother and me when we were young so why can't he do the same to his son?

Just wanted to post this to share my frustration with you lot.

Nick

Last edited by skoobidude; 25 April 2004 at 10:50 AM.
Old 25 April 2004, 10:50 AM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Jees, that aint good!

Needs a good clout across the lug IMO.
Old 25 April 2004, 10:54 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

needs a good pasting!

if he's starting life like this.. where will he be at 18!!
Old 25 April 2004, 11:00 AM
russell hayward
Scooby Regular

Report a theft to the police, the shock might work...
Old 25 April 2004, 11:02 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

I know, thats worrying. He definately does drugs and them moving from Tamworth to Manchester 4yrs ago has probably made him worse. He now has contacts with other ******* like himself who encourage him to be the way he is!
Old 25 April 2004, 11:04 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Russell,

He threatens may Nan/Uncle with the police all the time - he knows his rights!
My Nan used to run a children's home so she ain't no pussycat when it comes to discipline. She wacked him in the face sometime ago and his glasses went flying! He stormed out down to the local police station. What a ****.
Old 25 April 2004, 11:16 AM
ali66
Scooby Regular

He needs to be shocked/scared witless,but even that probally wouldn't work-not for long anyway.
Old 25 April 2004, 11:46 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like he deserves a good kicking. How old is he? You can only imagine what he will be like when he is older What was his reaction to the theft?

Paul
Old 25 April 2004, 11:57 AM
Simon Lau
Scooby Regular

Nick,

This is not a good thing at all and is going to turn into more of a nightmare for everyone if nothing is done about it. Not only for the good of the family but more importantly for the good of the little brat before it's too late. I can see him turning his and your lives into a misery if this keeps up when he hits the harder stuff and becomes reliant on it!

I can feel your frustration and your Uncle should sort it out (with or without help). Have a family discussion without your Uncle to see what everyone thinks and then (as a family) talk to your Uncle to get his opinion. Doing this you'll know if your Uncle is prepared to do something about it or just let the little git carry on ruining everyone's lives.

Good luck mate!
Old 25 April 2004, 11:58 AM
andym172
Scooby Regular

Get a cousin who isn't too much older than him to give him a clip round the ear.

If you're much older than him, then that could be a bit unfair.