Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ba$t@rd has cost me new home

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2004, 04:58 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ba$t@rd has cost me new home

What a fooking w@nker, wife has been down to estate agents with neighbour, so he can register offer on our house, so we can except and get things moving as we already have put an offer in on a property that has been excepted.

We agreed with neighbour that whatever we can discount the house we want we would knock of our price, so we got 3.5k off asking price, so we deduct the same of ours and neighbour agrees.

Well when he came to put the offer to the agent the fooking little cnuting tw@t, b@$t@rd wakner...i could go on but i wont, knocked another 3k off his price and expected my wife to agree, what a fooking good job i wasn't there, cos he would be picking his teeth up off the floor, we agreed the price at the weekend, and he had to register his offer, but dropping it down again at the last minute has fooked me right off, cos now we have lost the house we all want.

7.5k of our price just isn't on, he knew all along i think because he did the same when he brought his present house, that's why i got him to agree before hand so we could get it all signed sealed and delivered.

so we now have to explain to the kids that they were not moving now to the house we all wanted because the slimey fooking little ba$tard has fooked us up,

so we have now lost the house we want and have to start all over again
Old 27 April 2004, 05:01 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Unhappy

Bummer
Old 27 April 2004, 05:04 PM
C
Scooby Regular

Better to do that that give the ****bag pleasure of 'nicking' yours off you though

Now go sell it to someone for full asking price to **** him off
Old 27 April 2004, 05:07 PM
ademid
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Just sell it to the noisiest scummy pikey Ba$tards you can find that'll really annoy him...

Ade
Old 27 April 2004, 05:11 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by ademid
Just sell it to the noisiest scummy pikey Ba$tards you can find that'll really annoy him...

Ade
^^^^^What he said^^^^^

That'll stuff the ferkin barsteward.
Old 27 April 2004, 05:33 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

The guy we're buying a BTL flat off has fooked us but luckily only for a grand. Asking £79,995, offered £79,000 subject to survey. Survey turns up £3k repairs so offer £77,000 - he accepts, estate agent confirms in writing then we go on holiday for a week hoping to exchange a day after our return! Check email on holiday to read that vendor has now received an asking price offer so will only reduce to £79,500 (-£495). **** that - take £78,000 or we walk................................. touch wood deal exchanging this Friday (fingers crossed).

Feel for you mate, especially as its a home for your family - this was just a flat we're gonna let out and that was frustrating enough!
Old 27 April 2004, 05:42 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, knock £50,000 off the price and get some scumbsgs in there asap

Trending Topics

Old 27 April 2004, 05:47 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Hate the english method of house buying & selling. Couldn't happen up here in Scotland Price is legally binding once missives are completed - which is generally 4 weeks or more before moving.
Old 27 April 2004, 05:52 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Wink

Don't suppose that is much consolation to the poor guy Imlach

PS Was however, going to post the same thing myself

PPS On the other hand we tend to get stuffed stupid for paying silly amounts over the valuation
Old 27 April 2004, 06:06 PM
BishopDevious
Scooby Regular

Location: Dancing on my intercooler saying 'owch'. Paint me pink and spank my ar$e, GIVE ME CURRY AND MILK
Red face

Originally Posted by ademid

Ade
Too right. Fooking tw@t, some people are just closet scum. Get planting some of those laylandi or whatever they are called.
Old 27 April 2004, 06:11 PM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Offers over - no thanks
Old 27 April 2004, 11:36 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

imlach is right - that is one thing the Scots really do better. Their system is so much better. What is annoying is that it could be introduced here with a little bit of help from the government. But will they? Perish the thought of actually helping people.
Old 28 April 2004, 08:33 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

What a total ****, I would have gone round and still smacked him the ****.
Old 28 April 2004, 08:56 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

I don't agree that the scots system is necessarily better. ther are pros and cons to both systems. in my own experience, the english system has always worked very well.

i'm wondering why the original poster let the house go for the sake of 3k? if i really wanted it, i would have found a way to come up with the extra.

although the other guy was out of order for going back on his word. people just try to get away with it when they think they have you over a barrel. however, normally the offer on the other property would have still stood.

Last edited by ProperCharlie; 28 April 2004 at 09:05 AM.
Old 28 April 2004, 09:11 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

When we sold our house in London, we had just done it up internally and it was immaculate & best example in the street. Estate agent over the moon & priced it accordingly. We needed a figure that was £10k below the offer price, so we said to ourselves that's what we go for. 1st couple to see were really keen on the house but they offered £5k below, but we held out for it and they eventually came up. We immediately took the house off the market and refused to see anyone else.

We were under pressure to exchange on our new house and that was understood. Our buyers came round with a builder to discuss some changes they were planning in the future. 18:00 the day before we exchanged the next morning the buyers rang up and said £5k off the asking price 'cos "work needs to be done" or we won't exchange! The survey hadn't highlighted anything and the builder had only recommended a bit of repointing in a couple of places.

If they didn't exchange, we would lose the house we wanted and would have to start to look again.

I took great delight in "advising" the estate agent that if they did not exchange at the price they originally offered then no way on earth would they ever live in our house, even if in the future they offered more. Their choice and they had 1 hour to make it.

We exchanged the next day as planned at the agreed price...

Feel for you m8, 'cos I know how stressful and anxious these things are. Got another couple of horror stories too, but won't go there.

All the best & hope you find another buyer soon.
Old 28 April 2004, 09:35 AM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Know how you feel Dazza, also just been duped on a new house after 3 months (was supposed to be moving in this week!!).

The guy simply pulled out the day before exchange

That was on Mothers day, and tbh we feel relieved in a way now, can just relax for a bit then start looking again after summer.

Good luck