Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Absolute moron

Search this Thread

Old 27 April 2004, 10:01 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Absolute moron

Can't believe some people. Who watched the Ramsay programme on CH4 tonight? That 'head chef' is just a total loser. It's just amazing that he chose not to learn a thing from Ramsay. Some people would rip their right arm off and fry it for a week learning from him.
Old 27 April 2004, 10:03 PM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Yep, what a dick. And that last scene when he was moaning about the rotting food - it was him that allowed it to get that bad FFS !
Old 27 April 2004, 10:10 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Think Ramsay was a bit theatrical with the throwing up though, but he was spot on throughout.

Braising steak on a BBQ FFS! I'm far from a chef but that took the biscuit. I won't even mention the closing few minutes when he surprised him a few weeks after.
Old 27 April 2004, 10:11 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

At the beginning he said he wanted to own 3 resturants,including London and New York.
Total dreamer.
Having said that if i was him i'd have smacked Ramsey,at times the way he talked to him was disgraceful.
Old 27 April 2004, 11:31 PM
Chris L
Scooby Regular

Paul - he deserved it - that bloke was a disgrace - he was taking the p***. I think GR was fed up with it. I'm not so sure he was being theatrical - ever had the misfortune to eat off meat or fish? Not good.

Chris
Old 27 April 2004, 11:36 PM
bloke
Scooby Regular

Missed the bit at the end, what happened?

Never heard so many F words on one programme

Cracking entertainment, and glad it wasn't watered down...
Old 28 April 2004, 12:00 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

ramsay was just playing up to the show...came across as as big a **** as the chef was a crap cook

Trending Topics

Old 28 April 2004, 12:56 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tiggs
ramsay was just playing up to the show...came across as as big a **** as the chef was a crap cook
Yeah, which is why Ramsay is on tv, and others are not. He knows the image that he gives out on tv, and knows it makes for watchable tv.

Of course he's playing up a bit. He's got a public persona to keep up

That's the attraction of watching the programme is it not Seeing him give someone a bollocking.

To be fair, he is passionate about food as much as any other chef. He has an individual style. If you were a chef, and found someone in the same profession taking the pi$$ in terms of kitchen hygiene, I'm sure you'd go nuts too. It's a disservice to the catering industry as a whole to have numpties like that serving food to the public (but sadly, I'm sure there are LOTS of kitchens out there like that).
Old 28 April 2004, 12:59 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

PS You're obviously free to have an opinion that he's a "****", but you can't fault his success in the industry, his desire to be opinionated (some would say passion is the root of his opinionated outlook), and his devotion to real kitchens, rather than succumbing to the dumbed down Ready-Steady-Cook format.
Old 28 April 2004, 07:11 AM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

He's now working for the competition up the road...
Old 28 April 2004, 07:21 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

" but you can't fault his success in the industry".....nope, neither could i run a mile in sub 4 mins- good job i did neither of those things.

the bloke came across as a **** and playing up to the cameras is one thing.....being your own spitting image doll is daft though.
Old 28 April 2004, 08:15 AM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

..oh and besides, anyone who has eaten in one of Ramsays restaurants knows that he is like that in the kitchen - but when he comes out he's totally differernt..
Old 28 April 2004, 08:21 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
..oh and besides, anyone who has eaten in one of Ramsays restaurants knows that he is like that in the kitchen - but when he comes out he's totally differernt..
Of course he's different - he respects the paying customer. He knows fine well that if his image shows him to be kicking *** in the workplace and executing a perfect meal, then people will flock to his establishments.

All the better if he comes front of house and is nice to you.....the image couldn't be better. You think "this guy's really nice to me, yet he kicks *** in the kitchen to ensure I get a great meal".

I really can't see what the problem is. Would you rather have some wishy-washy team of chefs cooking your meal who don't give a $hit about the food you are to be served.

We all moan on here about indiscipline in the community, yet when someone uses discipline in the workplace to get what THEY want, everyone thinks he's a "****".

Yes, his style is one of many management techniques, and it doesn't work for everyone, but when asked, his staff seem to respect him.....says it all.
Old 28 April 2004, 08:25 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Top bloke. British industry needs more people like Gordon Ramsay.

Never knock true passion, even if it was a bit ott for the cameras.
Old 28 April 2004, 08:27 AM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Me and B2Z watched this last night and couldn't believe that young guy was head chef!! What was the restaurant owner thinking!!???? He couldn't even cook an omelette and he burnt the food he cooked for 4 people! Gordon Ramsey cracks me up though..."when its brown its cooked, when its black its fcuked"
Old 28 April 2004, 09:24 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

just to be clear:

head chef- ****, pub boss lady- complete retard and 99% to blame, ramsays food- great, his passion- great, work ethic- great.....his constant swearing and pathetic "banging head on fridge in desperation" act is as false and **** like as jamie 'cor blimey govner its wickid where me scooter' oliver
Old 28 April 2004, 09:35 AM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Jamie Oliver and Gordon Ramsay are great chefs. They also make watchable TV.

For them, watching these muppets "cooking" must be as awful. These people are genuine kitchen artistes, used to using excellent ingredients, having a well-trained and willing staff, and working in good conditions. Here they're facing with "couldn't give a ****" attitudes, ingredients ruined by poor handling techniques, and a complete lack of ability to turn it round.

Unsurprising that thay get annoyed - think of how upset you'd be if you had a YTS muppet working on your car who screwed up even the most basic thing, stuff you could do yourseld with your eyes shut.
Old 28 April 2004, 10:55 AM
blip
Scooby Regular

Agree with imlach totally.

I actually can't stand GR. Saw him when I was VIP at a WSB race at Siverstone and he was acting like an arrogant self-important prima donna all day. However professionally he is excellent and has the right approach IMO.

The prog was hilarious, and I now want to eat in one of GR's restaurants, but I wouldn't give a f*ck about meeting the guy in person.
Old 28 April 2004, 11:05 AM
weapon69
Scooby Regular

Just read an interview with GR on channel4 website-

Here we are, progressing tenfold, buying the right bread, real croissants, we're making fresh muesli and we understand what a great cup of coffee is. And then some idiot brings out a deep-fried chocolate sandwich. I want to find the ******* that put that idea together. I've got the most amazing charcoal grill in my new kitchen. I'm going to sit his butt on it and criss-cross my name on his bloody **** cheeks to remind him. Every time he wakes up in the morning he can gawp at his ****. Is he ******* stupid?
LMAO-he's not too chuffed with new English recipes
Old 28 April 2004, 11:07 AM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

I meet Gordon Ramsay quite regularly, just casually as we use the same gym. He is a fairly down to earth and genuine bloke, but I have seen him get into his Kitchen/TV persona occasionally and he becomes a bit of a ****. But lets be realistic, the guy is about the most successful chef we have seen in London, runs the most highly rated restaurants in Britain, and I think I would have a touch of arrogance if I was that good. His attitude and incredible energy for cooking is what has pushed him to work all hours and get to where he is. Ultimately his on TV image is great to watch as well.
Old 28 April 2004, 11:14 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Yep! And I though most of us 'amateurs' can taste the difference between pork and beef!!! Mr 'head chef' never even tasted the food he was 'creating', let alone knew what it was!!!

The only positive is that he wasnt a quitter - that can not have been an easy experience (ohh and it also made him unemployable along the way). Bang goes his big notion of restaurants in New York, London and, err, Leeds

D
Old 28 April 2004, 12:07 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Default The Boy done good!

[from 'Broadcast']

Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares chops up ITV1
Channel 4's new food show Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares was a ratings feast last night (27 April) with a peak of 4.4 million (19.8%) as ITV1 was left on a strict diet in peaktime.
Old 28 April 2004, 02:02 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

The difference between GR and Jamie Oliver is that when dealing with chefs/trainee's who are totally useless,Jamie Oliver doesnt lower himself to personal insults.

There is a difference between saying......"This food is awful,sorry mate,its crap"....and saying "Tim,you are a total tw@t" which GR said last night.
Old 28 April 2004, 02:15 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

ramsay is a crap manager of ppl.....like many crap managers with good ppl it doesnt matter but stick them in a place where those skills matter and it fails. Hence jamies kitchen run by chavs works where as the bloke ramsay shouted at ignored his advice.

im sure ramsay is a great cook.....but hes a **** manager of people who dont already possess good skills.....hey so why not make a show about it! and ask him to swear all the time.....sure that would be good TV!
Old 28 April 2004, 02:17 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Err....plenty of the recruits in Jamie's Kitchen also left.....even though he gave them about 15 chances after they've cocked up. Softly softly didn't work either.

OK, Ramsay is quite extreme, but as I said, his staff have been asked before and seemed to respect him (obviously this is what I read - reality will be FAR different no doubt!).
Old 28 April 2004, 04:09 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

yeah....nice example. think i'll look elsewhere for models of good business though!

also i didnt say he was bad at his job- i said he was a poor manager of people, as is anyone who has to yell and ppl for respect.
Old 28 April 2004, 04:27 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Well we are both entitled to our opinions so not arguing on it, I just think his attitude works. Do his staff leave and go to the competiton for jobs? His head chef is in demand at all the top restaurants world wide but he hasnt left to go to them. Im sure if the head chef hated his job or the way he was treated he would leave and work else where.
Better not mention David Dempsey

Quick Reply: Absolute moron