TRAVEL CITY DIRECT

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2004, 06:57 PM
POSHBIRD
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question TRAVEL CITY DIRECT

Hello,

Just sat and read in the newspaper an advert by Travel city direct on holidays to Florida. Anyone travelled/heard of them?. good or bad comment

Thanks
Tracey
Old 12 September 2004, 07:54 PM
simonburton
Scooby Regular

Used them a few times - flying from Manchester to Sanford, which is approx. 1 hour North of Orlando. Were cost effective last time I used them, and everyting was OK.

If you don't know, Sanford is a very small airport, only used by a few UK airlines going into Florida and a few US based airlines. As a result, it is not very busy, there is not much there and most people around are Brits, even those working there!
Old 12 September 2004, 11:04 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

I have been to Florida 9 times and used Travel City in the last 8 times

They're good........... end of. They have their own 747's and now dont charge me to go first class as i've used them so many times I think its only £60.00 per person to go in 1st.

The hotels (if you want to go that route) are really well priced and sometimes it would be difficult for me to better the package price if i just flew flydrive. I highly recommend them. 1st class service from them for me every time.

Their planes aren't new but then they offer 5" of extra leg room over and above the likes of Brittania etc.

Their prices have never been bettered in the 15 years i have used them. Over the last 10 years they have grown really big and Sanford has its own building adjascent the departure doors just for Travel city passengers collecting their cars etc

If you want anymore info just PM me

Pete
Old 12 September 2004, 11:08 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

........ as said above. Sanford is an hours drive or so away from Kissimmee but its good to spend a little time on the road before you get into the busier parts of Kissimmee etc