Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

E-bay.....Yet another complaint

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2004, 02:18 AM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry E-bay.....Yet another complaint

Not complaining about a scammer in Singapore wanting to buy a Bros CD with a cheque for 25K

However, over the weekend I saw a car on there that I quite fancied. I e-mailed the seller asking him for a contact (mobile) number as I wanted to view the car before bidding as per his instructions. He ignored my first e-mail but responded to my second saying he would not give me his number as he had given it out once before and the person asking was infact from a car listing company and that they were constantly bothering him. I accepted this and sent him another one with my contact number and pointed out it was going to be a 100 mile round journey for me just to view the car . Not only did he not bother calling me, he also ignored my third e-mail. This really annoyed me.

I checked the car tonight, to find out that someone has offered what is so obviously a false bid with only minutes to go before the auction ended.

I think it's summary justice that this has happened. He could have had the car taken off his hand, replaced with a whole load of cash.

How do people expect to sell 'big' items on there when they behave so badly?Do you think I'm justified in feeling slightly aggrieved?
Old 24 November 2004, 08:56 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Mate - its obvious someone came to see the car and then bought it - put cash down immediately... You cant blame the seller all he wanted to do was sell the car, and he did! Who cares about overcharging e-bay corporation's rules! If someone comes to see the car and likes it, they want to buy it NOW not wait 5 days for the aucition to end and maybe lose the car for the sake of a tenner difference!!! As a seller you can take it or leave it of course, but cash in your hand is king...

D
Old 24 November 2004, 10:46 AM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Diesel,

I have no problems with the guy selling the car offline. First come, first served, etc. What I do have a problem with, is him not having the decency in not responding to my e-mail or giving me a 30 second call.

I've just checked e-bay. Low and behold the car is back up for sale with a lower reserve. He's also moaning that someone made a false bid too.

Such is life
Old 24 November 2004, 10:52 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

His problem
If he doesnt want a sale there isnt much more you can do!
Or you could set up a setealh account and bid on it
Old 24 November 2004, 11:21 AM
Phil
Track Day Organiser

Not Good Mate
Old 24 November 2004, 11:27 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

When selling my own stuff, I've had so much hassle off people it makes question why even bothered advertising.

When you get a load of responses that are just plain timewasters and dreamers it is hard to sift though and find the real genuine people!
Old 24 November 2004, 11:36 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the last couple of months ebay has become rife with fraud. it really is getting to the stage where it ill become impossible to sell anything without a scammer winning the auction.

Trending Topics

Old 24 November 2004, 02:51 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Cirsch I understand your position too mate, but as the seller has broken e-bay's rules in selling 'offline' he finds it easier to ignore you than confess! Mind you if he's advertising it again my experience based theory is out the window!