Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Through a red light,in Droitwich, police car behind you? Oops!

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2004, 08:36 AM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Through a red light,in Droitwich, police car behind you? Oops!

Finally saw a boy racer in a saxo get his come uppance!

In Droitwich, crossing the road with my seven year old daughter yesterday, like a good girl she waited for green man and bleeping,half way across said pedestrian crossing lad in a VTR or VTS drives straight across my path at no particluar high speed, probably less than 20 mph. Luckily daughter just behind me holding my hand sees the car drive right in front of us and we stop just in time.

My anger tempered only by standing motionless in middle of crossing watching said car pass in front of me as marked police car pulled out of side road, saw the whole thing, I beckon him past to catch up with saxo out side Lotus House (TC's), drove past to see him in back of police car probably and hopefully watching the video of it all.

How it could have been all so different? Me in a cell for disposing of the little fella if he had hit my daughter. Oh well, well done Mr policeman, now that is the sort of stuff you should watch out for.

Rant over.
Old 28 November 2004, 08:42 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Lucky escape for everyone concerned. One example of how inattention can be a worse driving fault than speed.
Old 28 November 2004, 10:06 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Even worse if he had been over the speed limit in a restricted area like that perhap's.

Les!
Old 28 November 2004, 11:13 AM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Nice to see a Police car when you need one, doesnt happen often.

I was driving back from the pub friday night, and going along an A-road (40 limit) when an A-reg nova full of kids coming steaming past me and pulls in front of me just before a traffic island at about 65+ - they all look out the back window laughing as if its some kind of joke.

I knew a few corners further down theres a speed camera as you come round a corner, so hoped they would get caught on that as theres no way they'd slow down in time for it. I sped up a little, and saw them coming up behind another car just before the speed camera corner and to my amazment they simply overtook it around the blind corner where the speed camera is!!

Annoying thing is there was no film in the camera - only time Ive wanted there to be some as thats the sort of driver who needs taking off the road.
Old 28 November 2004, 01:41 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Nice to see a Police car when you need one, doesnt happen often.

I was driving back from the pub friday night, and going along an A-road (40 limit) when an A-reg nova full of kids coming steaming past me and pulls in front of me just before a traffic island at about 65+ - they all look out the back window laughing as if its some kind of joke.

I knew a few corners further down theres a speed camera as you come round a corner, so hoped they would get caught on that as theres no way they'd slow down in time for it. I sped up a little, and saw them coming up behind another car just before the speed camera corner and to my amazment they simply overtook it around the blind corner where the speed camera is!!

Annoying thing is there was no film in the camera - only time Ive wanted there to be some as thats the sort of driver who needs taking off the road.
Car was probly nicked/not registered anyway!
Old 28 November 2004, 01:48 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Chap came hooning past me on the A102(M) the other night & straight through one of the speed cameras - flash flash. A minute later I caught him up & overtook him & he was doing 30mph in the 40! No bloody good slowing down after you've been flashed numptie!!