Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Companies with e-nmail contacts. Why do they bother?

Search this Thread

Old 28 November 2004, 11:49 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry Companies with e-mail contacts. Why do they bother?

Rant: if I've e-mailed ONE comapany in the last fortnight, without even getting a response, I must have tried 20
These are the same people who keep you hanging on the phone in a queue for ages if you phone instead, and don't bother to respond to letters

Why the fek do they bother with an e-mail contact address, if they have no intention of responding?

One lot of fekkers even sent me some spam, saying I'd e-mailed them during the last month, so here was some advertising, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Rant mode off.

Alcazar

Last edited by alcazar; 28 November 2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 28 November 2004, 02:16 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ahh, yes but once you've got an email to can start sending an er... encouraging amount of emails until they eventually have to respond. Overclockers.co.uk screwed me once & I then sent an email to every contact in the company every hour on the hour until I got a reply to my liking!

However, try writing to the Royal Mail about lost packages! They lose about 10% of my recorded delivery mail & then try for months to not pay me the insured value!
Old 28 November 2004, 02:18 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah ive been finding the same thing a lot of the time. it blows.
Old 28 November 2004, 02:36 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I e-mailed silkolene a few weeks back enquiring on a location of a local supplier. Got a reply 2 weeks later for a place 150miles up north! By which time I had already bought my usual choice from my usual quality engine sludge supplier.

Helpful!
Old 28 November 2004, 03:25 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that for the most part, big companies take an age to respond, if at all, to emails. They just don't seem to 'get' that a lot of people use email more than they do the phone.

The reason I get so irked with all this is that we have email contacts on our site, especially for support, and they are always answered in a timely manner, usually by myself. Same goes for the phone, no on-hold music, no voicemail, well, ok, we have an answering service for overnight, but that's it. You'll always speak to a human, and when it comes to support, it'll be an experienced support person, and if you're really (un)lucky one of the development team. Try getting that level of support out of microsoft!