Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay issue... Seller refuses to send item even though payment has gone through!!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2005, 01:26 PM
Clubscene
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay issue... Seller refuses to send item even though payment has gone through!!!

Hi all,

As per title folks, seller was paid in full by sterling bank draft but now refuses to send item and is ignoring my mails. I have reported the issue to ebay but am just wondering if there is anything else I can do in the meantime apart from travelling to the UK and persuading him with a pair of size 10s, which is what I feel like doing at the mo. Its more the principle than the financial loss that bothers me.
Old 30 April 2005, 01:42 PM
Hanley
Scooby Regular

Give us his name and address and we'll firebomb his *** - for free!!!!

Old 30 April 2005, 02:02 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

What are his grounds of refusal, if at all hes given any?
Old 30 April 2005, 02:08 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

link to item as well would be nice?

where in the uk is this person? how much are we talking about here?

shaggy
Old 30 April 2005, 03:12 PM
Clubscene
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the the replies so far. He didnt give any reason at all for not sending item. At the start he kept saying he was gonna send by such a date then when the date passed he would make up an excuse and promise to have it to me the following week. £245 is the amount I lost, here is a link to the auction http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...ME:B:EOAB:UK:6
Old 30 April 2005, 03:16 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

How long has this being going on, and what have eBay had to say?
Old 30 April 2005, 03:24 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Id be on the train to Liverpool by now.

Simon
Old 30 April 2005, 03:26 PM
WRXtra power
Scooby Regular

did you pay via paypal??
Old 30 April 2005, 03:27 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

You have been screwed!
1- his english is terrible in the description- dead giveaway
2- hes feedback was built up from buying cheapy **** things for a few £ each.
Tried and tested way of scamming people like yourself out of £ I am afraid.

Ebay wont help, you paid by cheque so no way of reclaiming it (if you had paid via paypal you could have) and thats about it.
Old 30 April 2005, 03:29 PM
Clubscene
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
How long has this being going on, and what have eBay had to say?
I won it on 7th March Marc he would have had payment about two weeks after that date.
Old 30 April 2005, 06:07 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Try contacting the bank and trying to cancel the cheque, even if it has been cashed this may still be possible...so Im told by my bank.....

It does look like a pretty scrappy ad, just copied and pasted....and his feedback is as good as not having any.......

Report it to the police....its a theft...
Old 30 April 2005, 06:40 PM
Julz1983
Scooby Regular

Too right it's theft, I have only ever had one problem with a seller on E Bay which was reported to them and to paypal and he was the one who won while I was 30 odd quid down, but that is nothing compared to 200 and odd quid down, report him to every place you can do mate before he does this to alot more people who are actually genuine buyers thinking they are buying from genuine sellers, I will quote the best bit on his advert though -:

"I admit that the black one looks very stylish and is suitable with any clothes and in any situation."

Well I never knew that your mobile had to match your clothes, in that case I would have about 100 mobiles, and I never knew a certin type of phone was better for certain situations, "today I will use this phone incase I need to phone the police, it's better for that situation, ah but I better take that phone incase I need to phone the other half coz that one is better for that situation, but hold on it doesn't match my jacket"...........WTF who puts that on an advert SCAM SCAM SCAM.

Hope you get it sorted soon though, Good Luck.
Old 30 April 2005, 06:59 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Looks like you've paid to feed his gambling addiction mate. Look at the other things he's bought previously (CHEAT KEYS FOR FRUIT MACHINES!)

I bought some gauges from an ebay user in Scotland and paid via cheque-thought I'd been done when nothing turned up and he ignored my mails. I issued a seven day notice letter and suddenly they turn up pretty much immediately. Cost me £3.50 to send it through Yuille and Kyle solicitors (which I had to do as he was based in Scotland). If he's in England or Wales you might be best looking at issuing court proceedings in the small claims court-will cost you £30.00. I assume you have his address?

Like you say it's the principle but £200 plus is a lot of money mate. Hate to see him get away with this.

Hope you have some luck mate. My experience soured my dealings with ebay. I will only buy using paypal now.
Old 30 April 2005, 06:59 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Playing Devil's Advocate here, but it says "Will post to United Kingdom", yet your location is listed as "Ireland".
Old 30 April 2005, 07:03 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

No reason to ignore his emails....................

Have you tried to send him a letter via recorded delivery just to make sure he has no "computer issues"
Old 30 April 2005, 07:16 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

As said before - its a scam. I was done recently and now will not buy unless large good feedback and Paypal protection shown in the listing. You'll get back £105 after the complaint starts and they email him. Think its 10 days.
Bad luck
Alasdair
Old 01 May 2005, 10:55 AM
Clubscene
Scooby Regular

Default Thanks

Thanks for all the replies and advice folks.

Simon.
Old 01 May 2005, 05:48 PM
jono300
Scooby Regular

His user name does not give much confidence in itself really does it ??!!

so sorry to hear about your bad luck on ebay mate, have personally not had any problems before using it but seems to be a very growing problem this fraud.

no help now but I always do just a tiny bit off detective work first before pressing that purchase button !! check previous feedback on just what was exactly purchased, join date etc etc, not always a sure fire way off weeding out the fraudsters but it can in some cases cut down your chancesoff falling victim to them.

it will allways amaze me that some folks on ebbay will still bid for items off value from sellers with a lot off negative feedback even some who have no positive just minus but again tahts ebay and guess if we want something bad enough thn sometimes we areall a bit blinkered at times.

bid on an item a few months agon now, seller feedback was 7 positives, joined only a few months before sent cheque once I won the auction and received an email a few days later from ebays fraud dept to advise that the selers account had been cancleed due to fruad investagation and was urged not to send any money, managed to stop cheque in time which was for a sum off a good few hundred pounds, again I wantted the item, later after having a further look at his feedback it was for seven items off his for sale at under £2 each !!!!

good on ebay this time for the warning which saved me a couple off hundred pounds loss.

post up his address details, is there no one local to him on the net who could arrange to collect your purchase ??!! would certainly not leave it at this mate.

keep us all informed and again hope it works out for you in the end.

cheers,
john