Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Letter off my insurers regarding my claim.

Search this Thread

Old 30 April 2005, 01:39 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Letter off my insurers regarding my claim.

Theyve had the report i gave to the MIA and have received photographs from the third party which they say show damage to the rear offside and not the front off side like i had reported.

Theyre saying this suggests that the other car was further onto the roundabout than myself and that a 50:50 split might be the best option as the other party is denying liabiltiy.

In my opinion i got there first and braked immediatly thus hitting the car where i did, or where i thought i did.

Theyre saying if this was to go to court the other party would probably win the claim on the grounds of the photographs, and that they want my response before anything else happens.
Old 30 April 2005, 01:58 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

welcome to the sh1tty world of insurance claims.
sadly, its not really in your insurers interest to make any decent effort to fight your claim, they would rather not risk it and settle 50/50.

Having been shafted on 2 seperate occasions by my insurers, I no longer give a damn. The way I see it, if they were doing their job properly, they would put more effort into the investigations, uncovering the liars, bogus claims etc. If they dont, then they can pay out as much as they like to the fraudsters. Thats what they are there for.
Yes I know in principle this bumps up everyones insurance, but its pointless to try and fight it when so many people take the **** with their claims.
Old 30 April 2005, 03:31 PM
Ian_S
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David_Dickson
welcome to the sh1tty world of insurance claims.
sadly, its not really in your insurers interest to make any decent effort to fight your claim, they would rather not risk it and settle 50/50.

Having been shafted on 2 seperate occasions by my insurers, I no longer give a damn. The way I see it, if they were doing their job properly, they would put more effort into the investigations, uncovering the liars, bogus claims etc. If they dont, then they can pay out as much as they like to the fraudsters. Thats what they are there for.
Yes I know in principle this bumps up everyones insurance, but its pointless to try and fight it when so many people take the **** with their claims.
I have to disagree with most of what you are saying David, IF there is a good chance of a recovery they will persue it, I personally work in a claims office, and I know for a fact we fully investigate fraudulent claims, we have a full Special investigation team and a fraud and abuse team. Anything with suspicious circs, gets referred to them and they can send out investigators, we also refer every theft or burnout claim that happens within 6 months of the end of a lease (we insure the worlds 2nd largest motor fleet on a 3 year lease per car) Our fraud department takes any allegations from the public or police seriously and does investigate.

If there is a chance of recovery we will try it, It is in our interests as more money recovered = less costs = less premiums charged, I dont know the circs of the above accident but if its a roundabout claim and both people deny liability and noone has any independant witnesses, is it really worth taking it to court incurring more costs, pushing up more premiums, when it will likely be settled 50/50? You have to use common sense and look at the evidence.

If one of our insureds is clearly at fault, we will tell them they are, and will advise(tell) them to accept liability so we can then deal with third party claims as quickly as possible.