Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Whisky Vs Your heart

Search this Thread

Old 03 May 2005, 10:22 AM
TheBigMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Whisky Vs Your heart

Had a few Whisky's last night after a frew cans o' beer.

Today my heart seems to be all over the shop. Random beating.

Does Whisky screw you up badly??
Old 03 May 2005, 10:33 AM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

It was the shots of meths you did after the whiskey that knackered it.....
Old 03 May 2005, 10:55 AM
TheBigMan
Scooby Regular

lol. No Meths, Whisky is meths in itself !!
Old 03 May 2005, 11:05 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I find my pulse goes up after drinking a lot, wake up in the middle of the night needing a p1ss and a drink of water unlike when I was 18 where I would sleep all night and the following day, think its your bodies way of telling you to lay off. I think it will be because your body is dealing with a substansial ammount of concentrated Alcohol.

People do die from bingeing on booze so I would moderate it a bit if its affecting you, if I get hammered it takes me two days to recover nowadays so I try not to drink more than I can handle, i.e. I try not to saturate my system with so much booze, couple of beers early evening then stop, get a bit of a buzz and the rest of the evening is sober, I find most of the fun with booze is the anticipation and the first one or two, after that its usually just labouring a point, you dont enjoy it as much the more you go on but by then you are too drunk to care and just keep throwing it down (or up).

I think there is probably more of a booze problem than we think, alright we all know that old dossers drop dead while boozing but I do expect that a lot of younger people are dying from booze, i.e. 30's and 40's, if its doing that to your pulse your heart is working harder and its quite possible it could tip it over the edge.
Old 03 May 2005, 11:08 AM
TheBigMan
Scooby Regular

Red face

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I find my pulse goes up after drinking a lot, wake up in the middle of the night needing a p1ss and a drink of water unlike when I was 18 where I would sleep all night and the following day, think its your bodies way of telling you to lay off. I think it will be because your body is dealing with a substansial ammount of concentrated Alcohol.

People do die from bingeing on booze so I would moderate it a bit if its affecting you, if I get hammered it takes me two days to recover nowadays so I try not to drink more than I can handle, i.e. I try not to saturate my system with so much booze, couple of beers early evening then stop, get a bit of a buzz and the rest of the evening is sober, I find most of the fun with booze is the anticipation and the first one or two, after that its usually just labouring a point, you dont enjoy it as much the more you go on but by then you are too drunk to care and just keep throwing it down (or up).

I think there is probably more of a booze problem than we think, alright we all know that old dossers drop dead while boozing but I do expect that a lot of younger people are dying from booze, i.e. 30's and 40's, if its doing that to your pulse your heart is working harder and its quite possible it could tip it over the edge.
I don't know whether to say thanks or to say "f$cking hell" !!!

Think I will ease off a bit then.

Damn.
Old 03 May 2005, 11:18 AM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

when Ive been on a night out, I usually wake up quite early, dry mouth, heart racing, and quite hot..

i over do it tho
Old 03 May 2005, 12:05 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tachycardia is quite common as you get older after a bout of alcohol - or lots of coffee, little sleep, stress at work/home, etc or a combination of all of the above. See T Blair esq

Some fibrillation is serious, most not, and it is usually tested if it persists with an exercise stress test under supervision - basically if it gets worse with exercise it's more serious.

Even Monosodium Glutamate in Chinese meals can set off arrythmias in some people.

Trending Topics

Old 03 May 2005, 12:07 PM
TheBigMan
Scooby Regular

I can ride my bike for 25 miles hard without problem. I'm fit and healthy, just after Whisky my heart beat felt irregular. dunno if it actually was - just felt weird.
Old 03 May 2005, 12:14 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think the way to look at it is that if you get sensations like that then your body it telling you something, ie it is not good for it.

Like anything I suppose, most things are ok in moderation. Overdo it and it is damaging.

Les