Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2005, 09:26 AM
Bottomfeeder
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Political correctness - local education authority

<rant mode>

******* unbeleivable..............
A child or children attending the school have nits, the school put up a notice on the parents notice board

"We beleive that nits may be present in the school, it may be an idea to check your children."

No fingers were pointed, there was no public announcement the parent whose child it was discovered infested was asked quietly "did you know little jonny had nits"?

The school has been reported to the local authority by the parent for victimisation !!!
The notice has had to be removed
Add to that the following:

Teachers/Assistants cannot apply sun cream to kids (even the under 5's) if it is hot/sunny, if the child has a sun hat they can ask the child to put it on, if they won't then nothing more can be done - but already this year a parent has complained that their child got sunburned.

Parents owing hundreds of pounds to the before/after school clubs are still being allowed to use these facilities and their invoices are being 'sorted' because the comittee and the headmistress don't want to (and I quote) upset people'

A child who has so far thrown chairs at teachers, verbally abused 2 classroom assistants, given the school nurse a black eye and has spat at classmates is still attending the school despite complaints from both staff and parents (this kid is 5!!) again the reason for 'turning a blind eye' is not wanting to appear harsh"

FFS what is the world coming to?
I want a big sign on the door saying "PC FREE ZONE"

We will tell you and others if there are nits/infections etc.....
We will either apply suncream to yur preciuos artifact brats or keep them inside on hot sunny days.
After school club parents - PAY UP OR **** OFF.
If your child uses violence - we will respond in kind.

<rant over>
Old 07 June 2005, 09:33 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I want a big sign on the door saying "PC FREE ZONE"
It ain't going to happen with Ruth Kelly at the controls I'm afraid.
Old 07 June 2005, 09:55 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Remember BLIAR said
education, education, education.

Guess what, it was a lie!

Education is not just the three 'R's it is about life and social skills, taking responibility and contributing to society instead of just being a burden.

Yes, before anyone bleats on about the parents, it is also their responsibility to. It is all our responsibilitiy but remember the schools have their hands tied by the PC brigade who would rather this country turned to sh*t than 'little Johnny' got his legs smacked. School is where 'bad' kids should get away from 'bad' parents and be shown the right way. It also sets a bad example for 'good' kids, why bother when you can get your own way and do what you want without fear of punishment of some sort - what sort of message is that to give to kids.

For years we have nurtured these sorts of problems and now they are coming home to roost.

The PC idiots will ruin this country if we let them, maybe they already have ansd we just do not know it yet!!!

Last edited by The Zohan; 07 June 2005 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07 June 2005, 10:55 AM
pvtbanner
Scooby Newbie

I agree with you both. Though I can understand the schools pov on the suntan cream. What if it turns out they put stuff on your lil johnny and he's allergic? They cant run the risk of getting sued. schools get bugger all money as it is.

Besides its not just pc in shools thats ruining our country its bloody all over the place.

Maybe too late to stop the rot I'm afraid
Old 07 June 2005, 10:58 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pvtbanner
I agree with you both. Though I can understand the schools pov on the suntan cream. What if it turns out they put stuff on your lil johnny and he's allergic? They cant run the risk of getting sued. schools get bugger all money as it is.

Besides its not just pc in shools thats ruining our country its bloody all over the place.

I think the suncream thing is more to protect the teachers from being accused of being a bit familiar whilst rubbing lotion on little Johnny's thighs. Also to protect the kids from weird teachers. After all, if it was an allergy thing the kids could bring their own suncream into school for the teachers to apply.

Who'd be a teacher nowadays? Not me that's for sure, and I did look into it a few years ago.
Old 07 June 2005, 11:02 AM
Bottomfeeder
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Let me expand on the ruling regards suncream as I have had it explained to me by a teacher:

If you send a child to school with a bottle of suncream and a note saying "he/she burns very easily, please, please put this on them before allowing them outside" The staff cannot, apparently applying suncream to a child in your care is not allowed in case the child or parent shouts 'kiddy fiddling'.

Also:

First Aid.....

Although teachers and staff have to attend first aid courses did you know (in our school anyway) that cuts, grazes etc, can't be treated with TCP (or the like) or even a PLASTER !!!!!!!!
Old 07 June 2005, 11:08 AM
pvtbanner
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by Bottomfeeder
Although teachers and staff have to attend first aid courses did you know (in our school anyway) that cuts, grazes etc, can't be treated with TCP (or the like) or even a PLASTER !!!!!!!!
yeah thats all to do with allergies as well.
I visit quite alot and there is no way that I would want to be a teacher. Though some schools are completely different from others.
We should do away with alot of this red tape blollox and let common sense prevail.
Old 07 June 2005, 11:11 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

yeah thats all to do with allergies as well.
I visit quite alot and there is no way that I would want to be a teacher. Though some schools are completely different from others.
We should do away with alot of this red tape blollox and let common sense prevail.
Agreed 100%
Old 07 June 2005, 11:15 AM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

i wanna know why so many kids are alergic to stuff these days, its rediculous, are the whole society of kids weakens by alergies to everything?? what happened in the days when there was only one type of plaster?
Old 07 June 2005, 11:15 AM
Bottomfeeder
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Well I am nearly on both the PTA and the comittee.............................god help em

Had enough, time to inject a little bit of common sense into this bunch of sandle wearing, bran flake eating, whale saving, T2000 supporting, pratts.

Although I have been warned that I'll be p1ssing into the wind
Old 07 June 2005, 11:24 AM
Bottomfeeder
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by suprabeast
i wanna know why so many kids are alergic to stuff these days, its rediculous, are the whole society of kids weakens by alergies to everything?? what happened in the days when there was only one type of plaster?
??

Don't know about you but I was weened/ brought up on full fat milk, sugar, salt, nuts, all that 'bad stuff'. If I got a cut or a graze it was iodine or TCP and a plaster, dad used to remove spinters (he was a chippy and I used to go to jobs with him) from my hands with a half inch chisel or one time a bradle. when it was time to learn to swim we were taken to the local pool, given arm bands and literally thrown in.
As for antibacterial this, and bio friendly that - no wonder kids have to be wrapped in bublewrap and cotton wool !!!!!!!!

(just re read this...............I osund like my Dad !!)
Old 07 June 2005, 11:36 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

??

Don't know about you but I was weened/ brought up on full fat milk, sugar, salt, nuts, all that 'bad stuff'. If I got a cut or a graze it was iodine or TCP and a plaster, dad used to remove spinters (he was a chippy and I used to go to jobs with him) from my hands with a half inch chisel or one time a bradle. when it was time to learn to swim we were taken to the local pool, given arm bands and literally thrown in.
As for antibacterial this, and bio friendly that - no wonder kids have to be wrapped in bublewrap and cotton wool !!!!!!!!

(just re read this...............I osund like my Dad !!)
And you had to walk 12 miles through snow to school every day, all this was fields and you worked down't mine for 23 hours a day!

I agree with what you are saying though mate
Old 07 June 2005, 11:45 AM
pvtbanner
Scooby Newbie

12 miles from school?!? ooo what i would have done to be 12 miles from school.
when i was a lad we had crawl 26 miles through tornado infested plains of razor wire worked 23 and a half hours down pit etc etc - ahh the good ole days
Old 07 June 2005, 11:59 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

12 miles from school?!? ooo what i would have done to be 12 miles from school.
when i was a lad we had crawl 26 miles through tornado infested plains of razor wire worked 23 and a half hours down pit etc etc - ahh the good ole days
Ah yes, but did you get to lick t'pavement for breakfast? No? You weren't a "hard" family then?

Alcazar:
Old 07 June 2005, 12:00 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

First Aid.....

Have a look in the first aid kit at your work.

There should not be plasters in there due to allergies to the adhesive. I can't remember if they are allowed to have antisceptic wipes or not.

That doesn't mean they can use bandages, gauze, hypoallogenic tape, etc.

Not really PC, but common sence.... and I guess to protect themselves from the blame culture that now exists in this country.

BTW, this post is not my fault... Tony Blair made me do it!
Old 07 June 2005, 12:01 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by alcazar
Ah yes, but did you get to lick t'pavement for breakfast? No? You weren't a "hard" family then?

Alcazar:
You were posh! We used to dream of being allowed to lick the pavement!
Old 07 June 2005, 12:04 PM
suprabeast
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
And you had to walk 12 miles through snow to school every day, all this was fields and you worked down't mine for 23 hours a day!

I agree with what you are saying though mate
this is the exact point though, you could eat more crap because as kids most of us went outside and ran around, we played football, manhunt and cycled everywhere on bikes...

kids now are just unlucky retards with crap immune systems because they are never exposed to the elements. shame for them really because the next generation may have to rely more on modern medicine than any generation has ever in the past.
Old 07 June 2005, 12:06 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

you were lucky to get armbands. We had 4lb sheets of lead strapped to our legs and were thrown in the deep bit of the river!

Seriously though, this PC rubbish is well out of hand now, only thing is to vote their backers out, boot them up the ****, and ignore it all.

Its still not too late.

Les
Old 07 June 2005, 12:07 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

Right, I'm making my kids sleep in the garden for the rest of the week and they can get their tea from the vegetable patch.
Old 07 June 2005, 12:09 PM
Bottomfeeder
Scooby Regular

Wink

this is the exact point though, you could eat more crap because as kids most of us went outside and ran around, we played football, manhunt and cycled everywhere on bikes...

kids now are just unlucky retards with crap immune systems because they are never exposed to the elements. shame for them really because the next generation may have to rely more on modern medicine than any generation has ever in the past.

Very true and very terrifying.
Old 07 June 2005, 12:13 PM
Bottomfeeder
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Karl 227
Right, I'm making my kids sleep in the garden for the rest of the week and they can get their tea from the vegetable patch.

PMSL......

Seriously though, we stopped all the sweets and crips and squash (even that sugar free ****e) and moved to cereal bars, fruit and fruit 'flavoured' water (not the crap with additives)......they now have more energy, are more attentive in classes, slleep better and look healthier..............I also took a splinter outta the boys hand the other week with a chisel
Old 07 June 2005, 12:15 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Bunch of asthmatic bloaters that live on a diet of junk food and fizzy ****e.

As Blair says, the government can do no more. They've already done everything possible to ruin the education system.
Old 07 June 2005, 12:30 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

I read a few months ago about some research related to this...

Apparently dirt is bad for you and shouldn't be eaten, despite the attitude that people of our generation have.

I blame the media!
Old 07 June 2005, 12:43 PM
PCatWork
Scooby Regular

I am taking my own personal stand against PC nonsense - I have decided not to install a child gate at the top of the stairs leading to the kitchen. So far my 1 year old daughter has fallen down about 8 times (learning curve is not as steep as I thought it would be). Right now she has a big bruise on her nose. She'll thank me for it when she's older, though.

PS - she eats dirt as well, although I had to draw the line when she started eating bread that had been put out for pigeons at the local park.
Old 07 June 2005, 12:55 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

First Aid..... Although teachers and staff have to attend first aid courses did you know (in our school anyway) that cuts, grazes etc, can't be treated with TCP (or the like) or even a PLASTER !!!!!!!!
Well that is just totally ridiculous. I'm no longer a practising first aider but although lotions and potions are not allowed to be applied, cuts have to be dressed to prevent infection. Now I wonder what would happen if little Jonny ended up with a serious infection in his finger which resulted in long-term damage or losing it altogether.

Ditch Europe. Vote Common Sense.

Jonts.
Old 07 June 2005, 01:01 PM
Bottomfeeder
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by PCatWork
I am taking my own personal stand against PC nonsense - I have decided not to install a child gate at the top of the stairs leading to the kitchen. So far my 1 year old daughter has fallen down about 8 times (learning curve is not as steep as I thought it would be). Right now she has a big bruise on her nose. She'll thank me for it when she's older, though.

PS - she eats dirt as well, although I had to draw the line when she started eating bread that had been put out for pigeons at the local park.

I remember last summer our friends little girl toddled outside with a plate of biscuits for the 3 of them to share, all biccys dissappeared within minutes....
The following day the 3 of them dug up the ones they couldn't manage to eat previously and ate them

All 3 still alive and well
Old 07 June 2005, 01:10 PM
Karl 227
BANNED

Originally Posted by Jonty
Ditch Europe. Vote Common Sense.
*nods*

My two girls 7 & 9 are both in school over here in Germany and my wife teaches English to ze germans. If a kid complains of a tummy ache, the parents get called to pick it up, if a kid grazes it's knee, the parents are called to apply a plaster, if they can't come the kid is taken to a doctor/hospital for the plaster to be applied, if a kid is being a pain in the classroom nobody is allowed to beat it with a bat or a stick - not even a thin one, the teachers aren't even allowed to throw a well aimed blackboard rubber thirty feet across the room to catch the offenders forehead. It's all gone horribly wrong.
Old 07 June 2005, 01:11 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

Imagine what it will be like in 20 years time.

If it carries on like this with PC getting worse, and the no win no fee crew getting bigger it will be a terrible place to be.
Old 07 June 2005, 03:56 PM
Nimbus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PCatWork

LOL.

In Junior school we had one teacher who was a bit on the.. lets say unstable side. Whilst playing footy near the class mobile he took a shot and smashed on of the windows (oh, how we laughed). He would also take a sudden turn of mood when he wasn't happy about someone (me actualy) talking when we we're supposed to and shouting his head off. He was also a pretty good shot with the blackboad rubber (I'm NOT calling it a chalkboard - it's a board and it's black - end of). Many a pupil felt the warth of a 6 inch peice of wood with cloth trimming...
Old 07 June 2005, 04:02 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nimbus
Many a pupil felt the warth of a 6 inch peice of wood with cloth trimming...
Oo-er missus!

Ah yes, the good old days indeed. I recall a former sports master who favoured chalk, board rubbers, tennis *****, and even cricket ***** if you were really pushing your luck. Sometimes it was even a full-on offensive containing all of them! Oh the punishment we had to endure just because we were admiring the Talbot Sunbeam's and Datsun 120Y's and trying to picture them on 18's, lowered, stickered up, and neons...

Jonts.