Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone with 9 Telecom?

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2005, 02:31 PM
gso
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone with 9 Telecom?

Contacted me yesterday...RE: savings on my business phone calls... Now normally i say go away and put the phone down but decided to listen.... anyway....their offer sounds good...particularly for mobiles..

9p per min capped at 27p for 60 mins...
also international calls are capped at 18p for 60 mins (which is good for me)...

My question is...anyone heard of this company? I havnt...if anyone is with them i'd like to know if you have any feedback on their services etc? Weird thing is they didnt try to close me on the phone which is what normally happens

all feedback appreciated!

George
Old 07 June 2005, 02:39 PM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

No but as a competitor thanks for the information! 9p a min mobile is very cheap, they may well be using GSM gateways to acheive this which is fine (although technically they are illegal) but you do lose CLI presentation and alot of our business customers need that otherwise their reps/engineers wont answer the calls!

Check the small print as well, the BT business plan does capping but also applies what is termed as 'set-up' fees for each and every call, we have had discussions with them to determine if 'set-up' means call was made and answered or the call was just made and cant get a definitive answer out of them. Then check things like billing increments (per second or per min) and length of contract if there is one.

Gary
Old 07 June 2005, 03:04 PM
gso
Scooby Regular

Cheers Gary,

CLI? whats that? is that like caller identity?

As for set up fees there are none, nor any line rental etc...that all stays with BT...they just charge for the calls...no minimum contract etc. I hate it when things sound too good to be true!

Whats your product Gary? Can it help us? your can PM me if you want.... We mostly make mobile and international calls... currently get our calls routed through EUphony who give us local calls free.

Cheers
Old 08 June 2005, 12:36 AM
gso
Scooby Regular

btt