Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Losing weight

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2005, 07:19 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losing weight

I sort of regard my summer holidays in august as something of a personal 'new year' and my 2004/5 year has followed the same pattern as 2003/4 in that from august to the end of december I've hit the gym hard, eaten big and relatively clean and generally put on some reasonable muscle gains. But, in both instances over the last two years the xmas period totally f-up my 'routine' and I didn't get back to the gym yet still ate big and not very clean!! As was this case this time last year and the year before that I find that my muscles have shrunk and that I'm carrying too much fat

Now I'm just trying to lose the fat so I don't look like a total fat gimp on my hols but I'm having real difficulty this year Here is my average day now and average two months ago:

2 months ago

10:00 cheese savoury roll (large roll!) packing around 550cals these bad lads and can of coke
12:30 large (length of forearm) white bagette with chicken mayo OR macca & chips with pint of semi-skimmed
2:00 tea and flake/mars bar
18:00 white pasta with tuna (tin) and cheese (lots) OR fajitas with cheese (lots) and sour cream (lots)
17:00 tea with chocs or biscuits
22:00 2 slices of toast with peanut butter/cream cheese

On the above I was still gaining weight very slowly and doing little exercise.

Now

8:30 oats so simple (plain original) with semi-skimmed (200 cals allin)
12:30 soup of the day from work cafe with very small brown roll to dip in it
17:30 4x scrambled eggs (just 3 yolks) on two slices of wholemeal bread OR microwaveable tesco health meal (usually 400-500 cals) allin.
22:00 small handful of peanuts or maybe once slice of toast with light spread of light cream cheese, etc.

Where before I might have washed food down with semi-skimmed or full sugar cola I now drink low sugar flavoured water or diet cola. My exercise is no more than before but the way I see it I'm consuming MUCH less calories than 2 months ago yet in the last 3 weeks I don't think I've lost any fat. Not sure on weight as I haven't weighed myself as I don't want to become a scales junkie? Am I still taking in too much calories? Suggestions appreciated
Old 07 June 2005, 08:23 PM
A&E
Scooby Regular

life's too short - just be happy with the fact you must be healthier and feel better now
Old 07 June 2005, 08:28 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

I just keep eating and drinking as normal, but bang out 500 situps and 100 pushups (a day.... before you ask) for the last 2 months before holidays. Must say though - 100 pushups is a shock to the system after 10 months of lifting pints
Old 07 June 2005, 08:31 PM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Just get a bottle of Stax 2 and take 2 a day.100 in a bottle so lasts a while.you will lose as long as you dont pig out.They help curb ya appetite a bit a speed up ya metabolic rate..
There safe to take and available over the counter..
Old 07 June 2005, 08:32 PM
CupraT
Scooby Regular

Eating too little and your metabolism has slowed down to hang onto the fat.

Eat more and do a little bit more fat burning exercise (i.e. a gentle walk or jog 3/4 times per week).
Old 07 June 2005, 09:31 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

as above.....you have far too few calories.

you need to eat more, keep it clean, up your exercise and add soem decent protein to each meal.

T
Old 07 June 2005, 09:41 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

I lost 4 stone in 4 months with scoobynet's number 1 most hated diet, and now 18 months after coming off said diet ive only put half a stone back on. Shock Horror

Admittedly I do go to the gym now

Trending Topics

Old 07 June 2005, 09:43 PM
Moray
Scooby Regular

Cut out the peanuts and the bread and eat more proteins. Peanuts are really fatty.

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
I sort of regard my summer holidays in august as something of a personal 'new year' and my 2004/5 year has followed the same pattern as 2003/4 in that from august to the end of december I've hit the gym hard, eaten big and relatively clean and generally put on some reasonable muscle gains. But, in both instances over the last two years the xmas period totally f-up my 'routine' and I didn't get back to the gym yet still ate big and not very clean!! As was this case this time last year and the year before that I find that my muscles have shrunk and that I'm carrying too much fat

Now I'm just trying to lose the fat so I don't look like a total fat gimp on my hols but I'm having real difficulty this year Here is my average day now and average two months ago:

2 months ago

10:00 cheese savoury roll (large roll!) packing around 550cals these bad lads and can of coke
12:30 large (length of forearm) white bagette with chicken mayo OR macca & chips with pint of semi-skimmed
18:00 white pasta with tuna (tin) and cheese (lots) OR fajitas with cheese (lots) and sour cream (lots)

Now

8:30 oats so simple (plain original) with semi-skimmed (200 cals allin)
12:30 soup of the day from work cafe with very small brown roll to dip in it
17:30 4x scrambled eggs (just 3 yolks) on two slices of wholemeal bread OR microwaveable tesco health meal (usually 400-500 cals) allin.
22:00 small handful of peanuts or maybe once slice of toast with light spread of light cream cheese, etc.

Where before I might have washed food down with semi-skimmed or full sugar cola I now drink low sugar flavoured water or diet cola. My exercise is no more than before but the way I see it I'm consuming MUCH less calories than 2 months ago yet in the last 3 weeks I don't think I've lost any fat. Not sure on weight as I haven't weighed myself as I don't want to become a scales junkie? Am I still taking in too much calories? Suggestions appreciated
Old 07 June 2005, 09:47 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps you should have called this thread

'Whats quicker when Rolling, Saxo Boy or a P1e'

Perhaps go for a run instead of sitting in front of a computer fretting about your weight and compiling lists of what you have eaten. Ooooh I am so bitchy tonight. And anyway, dont worry about being a large mammal, women arent all that fussed about a bit of spare flesh as long as you look basically ok, are a bloke and not a big Ryvita munching bag of neuroses, bit of muscle goes down well so you are on the way and having the gift of the gab,

Just go for it and dont turn into one of those ****** haired, Heat Reading, Abercrombie wearing, TT driving, Evian swilling gym tarts, the ones that spend so much time worrying about what they look like to women that they dont realise how gay they are looking, not that I am homophobic I hasten to add !
Old 07 June 2005, 09:47 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

4 am (100g low gi carbs) 4 Weetabix, 5 hard boiled eggs (2\5) 2 toast

Sip 1 litre of Milk and Metrx whey+ Oak Cakes.

10 am(at work) 5 eggs, 3 toast, bacon, tomatoes

1 pm brown rice and 2 chicken breasts or cous cous fish

5 pm Normal Tea

6pm set off training

7:30 pm 2 ½ 50g whey in water

8:30 pm 200g Steak + 80/100g white rice

10 pm 200g cottage cheese + ryvita + optional tuna

my cutting diet lmao

sb
Old 07 June 2005, 09:48 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

1 tin of tuna and low fat mayo for lunch, scrambled eggs for tea...works wonders
Old 07 June 2005, 09:57 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by super_si
4 am (100g low gi carbs) 4 Weetabix, 5 hard boiled eggs (2\5) 2 toast

Sip 1 litre of Milk and Metrx whey+ Oak Cakes.

10 am(at work) 5 eggs, 3 toast, bacon, tomatoes

1 pm brown rice and 2 chicken breasts or cous cous fish

5 pm Normal Tea

6pm set off training

7:30 pm 2 ½ 50g whey in water

8:30 pm 200g Steak + 80/100g white rice

10 pm 200g cottage cheese + ryvita + optional tuna

my cutting diet lmao

sb
I think i eat that in one sitting.

Maybe thats why i dont ever seem to be getting slimmer no matter how many miles i run. Ah well
Old 07 June 2005, 10:15 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

Probably why im a powerhouse and your not hehehehe

Si
Old 07 June 2005, 10:38 PM
peachy wrx
Scooby Regular

i'd avoid drinking too much milk as it contains a stupid amout of sugar which is stored in the body as glucose,if you dont use this glucose when exerciseing etc it will be stored as fat!
Old 07 June 2005, 10:52 PM
banny sti
Scooby Senior

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

take some clenbuterol and do some brisk walking for an hour and your will lose some of the unwanted weight quite easily
Old 07 June 2005, 10:56 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Kenny, You started more threads on this subject than most. You must know the score by now mate. just put the effort in. Get running and maybe do some cycling. Keep eating well and as long as you put the effort in it should come off pretty quickly.
Old 07 June 2005, 11:12 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

kenny i know the feeling bud

i was 11 stones just over 2 to 3 yrs ago and then 16 and now 15 good thing is my muscles make me look fat but im def fat

im a chocaholic the worst kind

and also i did do well i started loosing alot of fat i started taking ephedrine and clenbuterol and same time i started cutting musles i did it for 2 months and then the wife went to pakistan and out of boredom i lost interest and started munching alot of food missing her and my lil girl

but when they came back i didnt go back to the gym and i ran out of tabs

but u know that contendor programme, jesse brinkley had to loose 8 pounds and he lost 9 in a day otherwise he was out of the comp coz of the contract when he fought anthony bosante

he used an everlast sauna suit i just ordered one from the usa i didnt like the ones here

just waiting for it and i know u loose alot of water but i heard some great results from other reviews

maybe give it a try
Old 07 June 2005, 11:15 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
kenny i know the feeling bud

i was 11 stones just over 2 to 3 yrs ago and then 16 and now 15 good thing is my muscles make me look fat but im def fat

im a chocaholic the worst kind

and also i did do well i started loosing alot of fat i started taking ephedrine and clenbuterol and same time i started cutting musles i did it for 2 months and then the wife went to pakistan and out of boredom i lost interest and started munching alot of food missing her and my lil girl

but when they came back i didnt go back to the gym and i ran out of tabs

but u know that contendor programme, jesse brinkley had to loose 8 pounds and he lost 9 in a day otherwise he was out of the comp coz of the contract when he fought anthony bosante

he used an everlast sauna suit i just ordered one from the usa i didnt like the ones here

just waiting for it and i know u loose alot of water but i heard some great results from other reviews

maybe give it a try

just get running ya big fat love machine!
Old 07 June 2005, 11:16 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Kenny - what happened to the "oh so wonderful Atkins" routine
Bit passe now?

As others have said, there is no wonder solution. Eat slightly less bad stuff, exercise, and it'll happen. If it took 6 months to put it on, it'll take nearly as long to take it off assuming you're not going to extremes. As others have said, looks like you are now eating too little....your diet looks like around 1000 cals/day - an average man needs 2500 cals/day, so your body has gone into 'starvation mode', and is now storing any fat it can get its hands on.....do you feel more tired/weak/drained on this new diet? If not, are you TRULY only doing 1000 cals/day?

Also, always get frustrated at folk and weight loss for this reason. Why expect 4 years of gains to come off in 1-2 months etc? If it took that long to put on, why would one expect to take the same weight off in 10% of the time?

I am now cycling to work every day again. 10 miles each way, so 20 miles a day. 100 miles a week. No change to my life, as it takes me roughly the same time to drive/train to work. Exercise done, commute time the same, great stress reliever after work rather than jostling with the rush hour, job done! A win-win!

Did you get that new job btw?

Last edited by imlach; 08 June 2005 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08 June 2005, 12:11 AM
juan
Scooby Regular

some exercise is called for - simple as that
Old 08 June 2005, 08:04 AM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Kenny, You started more threads on this subject than most. You must know the score by now mate. just put the effort in. Get running and maybe do some cycling. Keep eating well and as long as you put the effort in it should come off pretty quickly.
True but the reason for this one is because so far I've not been getting the results I normally do. I'm thinking hitting the gym again is going to be needed.

I've not done atkins since this time 2 years ago and the only reason I don't do it just now is because I can't be bothered with having to think in that much detail about everything that goes in my mouth. Last year I lost about a stone prior to going on holiday but it was tough, when on atkins I lost more and it was easy. I still maintain its one of the most effective ways to lose weight if you can be bothered with it. I know of several VERY fat people that hit atkins for a years and became normal weight.
Old 08 June 2005, 08:12 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

7am - half a pint of milk
10:00am - strong coffee with milk and 2 sugars
12:30pm - 2 x garlic sausage butties with salad, 1 x apple, 1 x orange, 1 x bag of ASDA crisps
2:00pm - 1 x fun size bag of Skittles, 1 x fun size pack of starburst
3:00pm - strong coffee with milk and 2 sugars
5:00pm - 1 x Diet Coke (lol)
6:00pm - bag of ASDA crisps, half a pint of milk
6:30pm - chicken breast, rice and loads of salsa and sour cream
8:00pm - stick of celery and an orange
10:00pm - half a pint of milk

Exercise for the day: none

Tell you what, when you write it down, that's a shedload of food
Old 08 June 2005, 08:16 AM
ShyTot
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by juan
some exercise is called for - simple as that
Not necessarily.....

I went on a diet 3 years ago an went from 17stone (BMI ~31 and a 40 inch waist) to 11 stone (BMI ~24.5 and a 31 inch waist) in about 6 months

That was pretty much a starvation diet for 3 months (~800 cals/day) followed by gradual increasing of food until at 6 months I was eating and drinking what I wanted (which was a sensible amount by then)

I did no additional excercise during that period - just gardening.

I can assure all the doubters that it really was fat that went, I still have all the muscles that I had before.

Funny thing was, Mrs ShyTot was pregnant at the time and for a short period I weighed less than her! She weighs 8 stone something now...
She was not too happy about that at the time

I am about 12 stone now, which to be honest is quite easy to keep to.

Last edited by ShyTot; 08 June 2005 at 08:19 AM.
Old 08 June 2005, 03:00 PM
super_si
Scooby Regular

tren + Prop for my cutting up LOL

sb
Old 08 June 2005, 04:35 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
2 months ago

Now

My advice would be to forget diets etc,they are crap and boring.
BUT from the above give up coke,chips,biscuits and toast b4 bed.....permanently.Especially coke,why people drink that $hit is beyond me.
Old 08 June 2005, 04:40 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
7am - half a pint of milk
10:00am - strong coffee with milk and 2 sugars
12:30pm - 2 x garlic sausage butties with salad, 1 x apple, 1 x orange, 1 x bag of ASDA crisps
2:00pm - 1 x fun size bag of Skittles, 1 x fun size pack of starburst
3:00pm - strong coffee with milk and 2 sugars
5:00pm - 1 x Diet Coke (lol)
6:00pm - bag of ASDA crisps, half a pint of milk
6:30pm - chicken breast, rice and loads of salsa and sour cream
8:00pm - stick of celery and an orange
10:00pm - half a pint of milk

Exercise for the day: none

Tell you what, when you write it down, that's a shedload of food
coke and crisps,what is it with this crap.
I was recently in France where my brother lives and the French really look down on us re food.............and rightly so.
We really have lost the plot.
Old 08 June 2005, 05:42 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Kenny - page 21 of today's Daily Mail has some good bullet points. Worth reading.
Old 08 June 2005, 07:29 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
just get running ya big fat love machine!

lol i will do mate once i get me sauna suit i swear its so easy for me naturally to put on weight and loose it too my only weakness is chocolates, see if i ever manage a few days without chocolate i loose a few pounds so quick, but then i go on a worse chocolate frenzy than before, man my body cant live without chocolates
Old 08 June 2005, 08:02 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

I'm in the same boat myself, exercise is the catalyst mate
Old 08 June 2005, 10:45 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i had a bad bad day today

this is what i ate today, im shuddeirng at the thought allready as i had a "darkside moment" at dinner time

up 7am
work for 8am - 700ml milk and 3 heaped tablespoons of all whey protien powder from breakfast

10.30am - cup o tea with 2 sugars (it gets much worse then this next lol)

1.00pm sent the lad to mcdonalds for a quarter pounder with cheese and a cheeseburger, he came back with 3 double cheeseburgers, small fries and a coke
they smelt far to nice, ate the lot (felt sick lol)

2.00pm felt really guilty about the ronald attack, had a glass of filterd water

5.30pm blew the scoobs engine up and sat for 2.5 hours for the recovery truck

8.30pm had 2 sausages and a bit of mash potato from a casserole but was strangley not very hungry so left it

Quick Reply: Losing weight