Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Motoring Madness (TV)

Search this Thread

Old 07 June 2005, 07:59 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motoring Madness (TV)

Having got in from work and sat on the sofa bottle-feeding my daughter, did a bit of channel flicking and jumped to Men and Motors which I've recently discovered on freeview. Bit of a rant but I just had to laugh at some middle-aged idiot who was griping about his journey to work each morning.

The gentleman always leaves for work in his Corsa at 7am sharp and for the last 18 months frequently gets stuck behind "Metro Man" (as he calls him) who seems to drive a bit slower than 'Corsa man' would like.

FFS! Corsa man really has a problem with the bearded Metro driver who chooses to drive at 40-50 mph in a 60 zone when it's raining. What the hell is wrong with that..?! Okay, perhaps he does the same when it's good weather but he then proceeds to bang on about how he gets held up and it can add 15 minutes to his journey. Good camera man mind -- he shows us at least 3 shots of straight road with normal road markings where Corsa man could quite easily just overtake him if he knew what the accelerator was for.

Bu66er me, if this wasn't bad enough Corsa man then has to follow the Metro to his place of work so he can confront him and air his views so that he can have some sort of closure to the matter... but has since decided to leave home 15 mins later to avoid him.

Getting severely bunged up with the situation (where the wife thinks it's funny), Corsa man, a word mate... find something else more important in life to be concerned with and the next time you come up behind a slower moving vehicle, study the road ahead, assess the situation, and if safe to do so try executing an overtaking manouvre for the first time in your life!

****!

Jonts.

Ah, rant over.
Old 08 June 2005, 11:28 AM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

What about the other girl who could talk on the phone, put in lippy, and drive her car all at the same time and she thought she was a safe driver !!

Windyboy.
Old 08 June 2005, 12:10 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by windyboy
What about the other girl who could talk on the phone, put in lippy, and drive her car all at the same time and she thought she was a safe driver !!
Crikey, I didn't get to see that bit. Probably just as well else I'd have thrown the baby bottle at her / the TV.

Jonts.