Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bad News From Iran.....

Search this Thread

Old 25 June 2005, 05:11 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bad News From Iran.....

As the hard line Islamists take power. Looks like they will be rolling back the clock like the Taliban did in Afganistan.

"In his first public statement since his victory, Mr Ahmadinejad said he wanted to "build up an exemplary, developed and powerful Islamic society".

"it is not yet clear whether this is just more of the populist rhetoric which brought Mr Ahmadinejad to power, or an indication that he is planning a major economic shake-up in the world's second largest oil producer. "

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/4622501.stm

This is bad news for the whole world, as these guys also have a nuclear programme.
Old 25 June 2005, 05:47 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

I'm curious UB, why would "an exemplary, developed and powerful Islamic society" be bad news for the rest of us? Historically the Islamic world has been far more educated, reformed, liberal and free than our Christian world, which for centuries was hamstrung by a dogmatic & blinkered Catholic Church. A Church which even today, through it's rejection of all methods of birth control, must bear the majority of the responsibility for massive over-population in third world and it's accomanying Aids epidemic.

UK Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said there were "serious deficiencies" in the election, noting that many reformists, and all women candidates, had been barred from standing.
How exactly is this differnent from the behaviour of many republican controlled states in the US who actively removed millions of poor blacks from their electoral registers in both the 2000 & 2004 presidential elections.
Old 25 June 2005, 06:12 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

UB, I would have hoped you'd have realised this scaremongering is a con by now.
Old 25 June 2005, 06:49 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If they step out of line we'll send the yanks in ........................

Test out some of the new weapons .......... who cares about a testing ban??

Pete
Old 25 June 2005, 06:58 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by CrisPDuk
I'm curious UB, why would "an exemplary, developed and powerful Islamic society" be bad news for the rest of us? Historically the Islamic world has been far more educated, reformed, liberal and free than our Christian world, which for centuries was hamstrung by a dogmatic & blinkered Catholic Church. A Church which even today, through it's rejection of all methods of birth control, must bear the majority of the responsibility for massive over-population in third world and it's accomanying Aids epidemic.

How exactly is this differnent from the behaviour of many republican controlled states in the US who actively removed millions of poor blacks from their electoral registers in both the 2000 & 2004 presidential elections.

well said crisp

i think this guy may do well , his constiuents if this is how u spell it were happy with him as the mayor of tehran a bit like ken livingstone he was.

and also he aint as strict as the ayatollahs i think he will do well he wants to distribute irans wealth to its people " all power to the people " kind of guy and he is known to keep his promises as he did as he was a mayor.

maybe u forget muslim woman in iran have much more freedom than most of the muslim world where dictators r placed, iran is the only democrazy besides malayasia and i mean a proper one with woman leaders and mps etc.

woman can run their own business have their own army divisions and lawyers etc and much more , yes they need more freedom and i agree but their working on it its a new country freed from the stooges of the usa like the shah of iran so it will take time , it was revolution.

i hope he does something for the teenagers their more than half the population

iranians r a proud people and a nation with a most awesome history the descendants of the mighty cyrus and persian emperors and the aryan kingdom
Old 25 June 2005, 07:04 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by moses
iranians r a proud people and a nation with a most awesome history the descendants of the mighty cyrus and persian emperors and the aryan kingdom
They may be .............. but that won't be any help when the yanks send their bombers to take out the Weapons of Mass Destruction that are being built!

Pete
Old 25 June 2005, 07:30 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

One thing that annoys me about these quotes is the fact that Iran can declaire itself as an Islamic society!

Could just imagine the next Prime minister declairing a "Christian Society" all bloody hell would break loose.

Not racist, just fed up with double standards
Old 25 June 2005, 08:26 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by cookstar
One thing that annoys me about these quotes is the fact that Iran can declaire itself as an Islamic society!

Could just imagine the next Prime minister declairing a "Christian Society" all bloody hell would break loose.

Not racist, just fed up with double standards

in germany theirs the christian party and their winning alot of seats
Old 26 June 2005, 10:50 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

The iranians are bloody fundamentalist nutters with nukes, bomb em now to prevnet 3rd world war is what I say.
Old 26 June 2005, 11:45 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stueyb
The iranians are bloody fundamentalist nutters with nukes, bomb em now to prevnet 3rd world war is what I say.
Pot...Kettle...Black

I bet you were one of those cheering on the invasion of Iraq before we were all killed by Saddam's wmd.
Old 26 June 2005, 11:48 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Hey look, an advisor to President Bush surfing SN
Old 26 June 2005, 11:53 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Lol, if i was, id be able to afford a McLaren F1 not a scooby lol..

gsm1 so you reallyh think its a real non military use of nuclear power. Do you really trust him with his hand on the button. Also FYI, i was againt the war, BUT he was a bit more normal and sane IMNHO that this guy.
Old 27 June 2005, 01:38 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Lol, if i was, id be able to afford a McLaren F1 not a scooby lol..

gsm1 so you reallyh think its a real non military use of nuclear power. Do you really trust him with his hand on the button. Also FYI, i was againt the war, BUT he was a bit more normal and sane IMNHO that this guy.
I think you need to take your **** out of your hand occasionally Stuey, non intended

The chances of Iran using their Nuclear arsenal in a pre-emptive manner are negligible. I would imagine they are being developed in an effort to deter the Bush'n'Rumsfeld show from stealing Iranian oil reserves

BTW Who the f*k do the Americans think they are? Swanning round in the belief that they, and they alone, can decide who gets to have a nuclear capability
Old 27 June 2005, 05:24 AM
Electrotek
Scooby Newbie

Idiots, you guys fail to realize that the Taliban were far worse than ANY Iranian mullah could be.

In fact, many hardline Sunnis will target Iran more due to their hatred of Shiaism.
Old 27 June 2005, 08:19 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

but what you fail to realise is that they like china (ok and iraq) is that they have very questionable human rights records for starts. They are also doing a chinese style firewall to crush decent and the right to free speech. So this sits well with you all, religious extremists having nuclear weapons ? ( I shall refrain from calling them nutters but I still think they are questionable)

It wasnt that long ago since they were at war (the iran - iraq conflict anyone)

Do you not think if the US could it would have bombed china till they gave up all hopes of the bomb (ie before they became a superpower)
Old 27 June 2005, 08:22 AM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Stratnge as it may seem, I'm with UB on this, though perhaps for different reasons - I have no fear that the Iranians will wish to use nuclear weapons on anyone. I'm slightly more worried that the US will now have a reason for attacking, however ......
Old 27 June 2005, 08:27 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Here is one clip I read this morning regarding their free speach.

However, informed sources revealed that Ms. Ateqeh was sentenced to death by the judge, a cleric, because during the "trial", she expressed outrage at the misogyny and injustice in the Islamic Republic and its Islam-based judicial system.

So your telling me these people are stable and can be trusted ?? You all need your heads examaning? Ok the americans arent great in evey respect but i trust em a lot more than these people.
Old 27 June 2005, 09:51 AM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

However, informed sources revealed that Ms. Ateqeh was sentenced to death by the judge, a cleric, because during the "trial", she expressed outrage at the misogyny and injustice in the Islamic Republic and its Islam-based judicial system.

So your telling me these people are stable and can be trusted ?? You all need your heads examaning? Ok the americans arent great in evey respect but i trust em a lot more than these people.
So they have a way to go on some human rights issues, who doesn't?

I bet they don't go round tying '*******' to the back of pick-up trucks, and dragging them to their deaths
I bet their kids aren't wandering into schools armed to the teeth, murdering half their schoolmates
Old 27 June 2005, 10:33 AM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Informed sources, which informed sources? If you want informed sources you better take a better look around rather than google for anything that suits your agenda. I'm not saying that there haven't been human rights issues in Iran but just as there were plenty of Iraqis hell bent on helping the US with dubious sources and dodgy human rights stories so they could get their hands on Iraqi oil and political power, there are also with Iran. The rich Iranian exiles (sorry..Persian ) who were all sitting pretty under the American puppet, The Shah, have never ceased with their propaganda so their own can get back in power. Pity they or the Americans never said a word about human rights when the Shah's secret police were shutting people up.

This is not about human rights or about the dangers of nuclear power, that's just a sideshow for Sun Readers, it's about a country that sticks two fingers up to the USA, that the American's cannot influence politically, and the Yanks don't like it.

You trust the current American administration, Stueyb? The same administration that just prior to 9/11 invited the Taliban minister over to discuss building a pipeline through Afghanistan and then when they work against their interests suddenly pretend to get all heated up about human rights in Afghanistan.
Old 27 June 2005, 11:21 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

gsm1, didnt google for anything believe it or not, it was in a link to a piece I was reading on a mainstream site. I believe the US is more stable in as much as they (and indeed the soviets) knew with a fair degree of certainty that their weapons would never be used because they knew the consequences.

However with rogue states like this one, whom have several publicly acknowledged enemy states whos to say that it wont be used against them ? or indeed to influence/try to strongarm the region into accepting its will.

What I am essentially saying is that the likelyhood of a nuclear usage/release/whatever is orders of magnitude higher.

And dont forget, within 20, perhaps even 10 years they will have ICBMs capable of delivering a nuclear strike to Western Europe. Would you still feel safe when there is a conflict involving that nation (and the chance of it happening is much higher than western nations)

Also I know the americans arent great on human rights (guantanimo <sp>etc)but they aint killing people for expressing a different point of view

Last edited by Stueyb; 27 June 2005 at 11:28 AM.
Old 27 June 2005, 07:35 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Woohoo another fight. I knew I started look at Scoobynet again for a reason.