Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Max Mosley - what a complete tosser

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2005, 06:12 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Max Mosley - what a complete tosser

So the 7 Michelin teams who didnt race in the US GP because of a real danger that failing Michelin tyres could result in massive accidents/ death of drivers, have been found guilty of bringing the sport into disrepute??!!!

So WTF should the teams have done? Raced anyway? Hasnt the FIA heard of the team "safety first" ? The last thing the teams wanted was not to race!

The penalty for the teams has not been decided yet - but no doubt it will be a points deduction big enough to result in Ferrari winning the championship again

Mosley needs to be removed from his position asap
Old 29 June 2005, 06:41 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

anyone for a whip round to get him whacked ala the vids that were posted on here
Old 29 June 2005, 06:54 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

We do have a Motorsport forum

Oh and to answer your question "WTF should the teams have done" I would have thought it was obvious.

Turn up with 2 tyres. 1 That is ultimate performance and 1 that is completely safe.

Its what the regulations say they should do after all.

Last edited by rr_ww; 29 June 2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 29 June 2005, 07:28 PM
Neil Smalley
Scooby Senior

The point is, is that since no one tests there, Michelen had no idea the tyres were unsafe until Friday practice, they then offered a solution which everyone except Ferrari and the FIA thought was a sensible plan. They did offer to fly out some safer tyres on Saturday, but again the FIA didnt want to play ball.

What else were Michelin supposed to do, since no one had or could have had any idea of this until they got there..
Old 29 June 2005, 07:34 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Where can I find the e-mail addrss for the FIA I have looked on their website but nothing, I wanna give Moseley a piece of my mind the toss pot
Cheers
Colin
Old 29 June 2005, 07:43 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation Ferrari bashing!

Originally Posted by Neil Smalley
The point is, is that since no one tests there, Michelen had no idea the tyres were unsafe until Friday practice, they then offered a solution which everyone except Ferrari and the FIA thought was a sensible plan. They did offer to fly out some safer tyres on Saturday, but again the FIA didnt want to play ball.

What else were Michelin supposed to do, since no one had or could have had any idea of this until they got there..
Why should Ferrari ( and Minardi and Jordan ) agree to a track change, so that teams who cannot race at 100%, can?

After Schumacher had 2 tyres let go in one of the earlier races, Ferrari & Bridgestone wrote to the other teams saying that the tyre regs were dangerous, ansd should be looked at. The response? "Theres nothing wrong with our tyres, sort your own problems out"

Bit different when the boots on the other foot isnt it?
Old 29 June 2005, 07:47 PM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Schumacher fan I take it
Old 29 June 2005, 07:55 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Default Yes and no

Originally Posted by Scoob99
Schumacher fan I take it
Ferrari fan actually. But in a straight fight, I'd be behind any Brit 110%, so JB or DC. I just dont understand this "Its all Ferrari's fault" cr@p. It's Michelin fault. No-one elses. The 7 teams using there boots had no choice other than withdraw.

I still haven't read anyones solution that woudln't have infringed the rules, as they stand, and negated the legitimate advantage that Bridgestone and there teams had for the US GP.
Old 29 June 2005, 08:05 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
It's Michelin fault. No-one elses.
Michelin took a big step in admitting their tyres were at fault - the point is there was a solution which meant there could have been a race (the chicane being installed).

Ok not ideal, but it was clear to everyone this was the only realisitic option. Yes there are rules, and its obviously theyre bound to say alterations to the tracks arent allowed, but there should also be exceptions made in extreme cases like this. The Michelin teams were prepared to run and score no points just to put on a show for the fans. The FIA really have failed in their duty - get Mosley out

Did come as no surprise that Ferrari were the only team to reject the chicane idea tho - that team puts its own interests before everything else, including the sport itself.

EDIT: Just been announced that the teams are to appeal the verdict - and damn right too

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=33290

Last edited by Petem95; 29 June 2005 at 08:12 PM.
Old 29 June 2005, 08:12 PM
RRH
Scooby Regular

Ultimately without the fans their would be no F1, and IMHO jean t**t and maxy boy should have considered how much damage they would inderectly do to themselves.

I reckon that fatland only has itself to blame; in a less litigation-motivated country they may have taken a chance, but in america the fattys would have sued for trauma if they had seen a crash.
Old 29 June 2005, 08:12 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Ok, hypothetical. So, the chicane gets installed. What then? We have a "race" and Michelin runners get all top 6 positions. How is that fair to Bridgestone runners, who brought effective equipemnt to the track? What i wanted to see was this. No chicane, and every 10 laps, Michelin runners come in for a tyre change. Its quite possible that even with 7 changes of tyres, the quicker runners would still have been fighting for places. Not 1st and 2nd, but the rest were up for grabs.
Old 29 June 2005, 08:17 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
So, the chicane gets installed. What then? We have a "race" and Michelin runners get all top 6 positions. How is that fair to Bridgestone runners, who brought effective equipemnt to the track?
But the Michelin teams were happy to score no points, so there would have been a race (and an interesting one too with new chicane in that nobody had driven before!) - the Bridgestone teams would have still taken the top 6 points positions as the Michelin teams scored nothing, even if they didnt finish in the top slots.

Fans would have been happy, and surely the best situation that couldve come out of everything? This is exactly what the FIA shouldve done IMO.
Old 29 June 2005, 08:26 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

After 11 years the Senna trial has only just been closed - imagine what would have happened if 14 drivers were killed...
Old 29 June 2005, 08:32 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Clarkson summed it up last saturday...

check out his column.

i made my comments known...

it a business now and screw the fans....

its saftey screw the fans....

its boring screw the fans...

screw the fans...

oops they might get hurt.... take off the wheels put on big tyres..

bumpers because they might crash. airbags... gps so we know where they are.. road tax cos there cars... mot and bobs you uncle we have degenerated into pc in sport..

what happened to racing ,,, the thrills the spills the daring overtaking the crashes ???

i dont recall sterling moss or fangio not going out because of potential defects..

they raced to win...

M
Old 29 June 2005, 08:37 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Post Sorry, I dont agree.

Originally Posted by Petem95
But the Michelin teams were happy to score no points, so there would have been a race (and an interesting one too with new chicane in that nobody had driven before!) - the Bridgestone teams would have still taken the top 6 points positions as the Michelin teams scored nothing, even if they didnt finish in the top slots.

Fans would have been happy, and surely the best situation that couldve come out of everything? This is exactly what the FIA shouldve done IMO.
How is it a race, if they're not racing for points? What are they racing for? Can you imagine Alonso and Kimi neck and neck into turn 1. Do you honestly think they're going to be at it 100% if there are no points up for grabs? It would have been a sham. At least with pit stops, they could havw grabbed some points at the end of the race. Remember, it could come down to 1pt this year.
Old 29 June 2005, 09:07 PM
Recaro
Scooby Regular

I'm not a Ferrari fan but can understand why they refused.

It was only a few months ago that the other teams were moaning that Ferrari had more testing then anyone. But as Schumacher said, only 6 teams run Bridgestones where as 14 run Michelin which means the Michelins cover thousands more miles at testing.