Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Re: The Man Shot Last Week

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2005, 06:16 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Man Shot Last Week

The Home Office have now confirmed that his visa had expired two years ago.

Does this make a difference to how you feel about his shooting?

Should the police be liable for compensation knowing that?

Do his family have the right to lambast our security forces when he should not have been here?

Does it make any difference at all even?
Old 28 July 2005, 06:18 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

seeing he had no right to be here and ran from the police he got what he deserved imo
Old 28 July 2005, 06:18 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
seeing he had no right to be here and ran from the police he got what he deserved imo

Hello

He probably didn't get what he deserved, but the Police were correct in acting in the way they did.

Steve
Old 28 July 2005, 06:20 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

His actions basically lead to his death.

The Police acted correctly under the circumstances IMO, but whatever they do its always questioned. If they'd not shot and he'd been a bomber and killed 100 people there'll be hell to pay.
Old 28 July 2005, 06:20 PM
TonyFlow
Scooby Regular

Although it seems harsh, I somewhat agree with this view! That is not to say that all illegals should be shot to death - but in the current climate, if running from armed police - then they made the right choice!
Old 28 July 2005, 06:24 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

So it wasn't as if his visa had expired a couple of days before the incident. He had been here, illegally, for two years.

A pity we could not remove more people here on expired visas via the same method, it might get the message across we don't want to be a harbour for those staying illegally.

He family has no right to lambast our police force when their son should not have been in our country in the first place.

I'm a working immigrant in Canada and I make sure I have a valid visa. If my visa expired I'd have to leave the country and I would do so, as I'm a rather honest chap. If I did stay on afterwards, then I would accept that I could be in serious trouble if it was found I was still here.

Bottom line here, the police were acting on information that this chap could pose a serious threat to life, and they acted accordingly. Yes a mistake was made, however, I feel it was an acceptable mistake, as if he had been a bomber, and had got away, there could have been more than just one life lost.
Old 28 July 2005, 06:27 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Poor sod. Of course he didn't get what he deserved, what a sad comment. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time (and took the wrong decision).

dl

Trending Topics

Old 28 July 2005, 06:30 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Although there is an element of "it wouldn't have happened if he'd been legally" etc, I don't think it makes a difference to the outcome. Even if he was here as a tourist, he shouldn't have run from the police.

A good deal of the shock surrounding this incident stems from the fact that police in the UK aren't routinely armed and have a reputation as being the best police force in the world. Would people be as shocked if someone had been shot in similar circumstances in New York 2 weeks after 9/11?

A tragic outcome of an unfortunate set of circumstances.
Old 28 July 2005, 06:31 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Markus

.... If my visa expired I'd have to leave the country and I would do so, as I'm a rather honest chap. If I did stay on afterwards, then I would accept that I could be in serious trouble if it was found I was still here.......
Come on Markus - you wouldn't expect 8 bloody holes in your head would you? david
Old 28 July 2005, 06:32 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

So it wasn't as if his visa had expired a couple of days before the incident. He had been here, illegally, for two years. Was he working as a electrican if so does tht mean there where no checks done. Sorry he is dead, if he was honest and Law abiding he would be walking to-day. I would rather the Coppers waste someone (if guilty) than go through the courts and cost me and Joe public a fortune. Just rewards
Old 28 July 2005, 06:36 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

If he had of gone home when his visa had expired, he wouldnt of been shot

Simple as that

I spend a lot of time in the far east and some of the visa rules are super strict, eg Indonesia charge $25 per day you overstay your Visa, This Has to paid by you or your government before they let you back out of jail (if they have caught you). So maybe if this guy was over buy a couple of days I would have some a little more sympathy but 2 years is taking the ****!

Whats this about his family saying he didn;t have a coat on and he didnt have a rucksack and he didnt jump the barriers, is all this true? Were members of his family there to witness what he did????????????????
Old 28 July 2005, 06:38 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

If I understand it correctly, then his expired Visa was granted on a student basis which gives limited (if any) potential for employment which presumably means that he was in this country illegally and presumably wasn't paying any taxes. That being the case coupled with ignoring Police orders means that his family will have to accept some culpability from their relatives point of view and will go some way to explaining why he chose to ignore the Police and run instead.

On that basis and as harsh as it may sound, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time and as much as it may grieve his family my sympathy is limited.
Old 28 July 2005, 06:42 PM
JohnRoly
Scooby Regular

Take it he hadn't been paying any taxes for the past two years then? They come out of my pocket, like for all the other sponging c*nts - one down and all that. Think we need to get rid Cherie Blair and the HR brigade first though - sick fed up of this country going down the toilet while T Blair just grins like an inane idiot (oh sorry forgot, he is on holiday until f*cking September, hope he timed it with Al Queda's annual leave - tosser!)
Old 28 July 2005, 06:42 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Obviously if he wasn't here he would not have died on that day. But wouldn't the Police have followed the next person coming out of those flats? Who could that have been, we know now there were no bombers there at the time, so would have been another innocent. What if a UK National? what if they had run too, from panic?

He did not deserve to die for running from the Police, even they would tell you that, imagine how the officers feeling now?

Although they were armed Police, he may not have realised that, he may of thought they were Immigration Police. He still shouldn't of run, but did not deserve to die for it. It is a tragic mistake.

Asif
Old 28 July 2005, 07:10 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

when a driver dies doing 80mph is it "tuff ****e, shouldnt have been speeding"?

this man could have had 1 visa or 10......no one asked to see it before they blew his head off!

T

ps- couldnt care less really - plenty of worse deaths happen every day - but interesting attitude to say it was his fault!
Old 28 July 2005, 07:13 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

I wonder how it will affect the family's plans to try and sue for compensation.
Old 28 July 2005, 07:29 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

David,
I would have stopped when challenged by the police, I would not have run off. Running from the police under normal circumstances isn't the best plan. Running from armed police is even more of a bad idea. You're challeged, you stop, simple.

Maybe things are different in Brazil and the police tend to shoot on sight if you've an out of date visa, but I would have thought a little bit of common sense on the chap's part would have told him that the UK is a bit different and not like that.

I wonder what the outcome would have been if he was an innocent muslim chappy?
Old 28 July 2005, 08:00 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

markus i have a joke for u my mate steve from the evo forum sent me an email the cheeky *******

u will like it

A man goes into an adult entertainment shop and asks the assistant for an inflatable doll.

"Would you like male of female?"

"Female, please."

"Would you like Black, or White?"

"White, please."

"Would you like Christian or Muslim?"

This question confused the man . . . and he replied, "What has the religion got to do with it? It's an Inflatable doll!"

"Well," explained the assistant, "The Muslim one blows itself up!"
Old 28 July 2005, 08:37 PM
Angry
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by boxst
Hello

He probably didn't get what he deserved, but the Police were correct in acting in the way they did.

Steve
I would like to reiterate that, except to say no-one deserves to die for an expired visa.
Old 28 July 2005, 08:45 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Poor sod. Of course he didn't get what he deserved, what a sad comment. He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time (and took the wrong decision).

dl

sorry David i disagree,, he didnt take the wrong decision, he chose to make several decisions in contravention to what he was being told...

he failed to stop., he chose to run,

given the choice kill one person to same hundreds of lives,,,, what would you do...

imagine if you had just let him go... and he was a bomber.. could you l;ive with the fact that your action or inaction had killed hundreds???

as Littlejohn (c) The Sun said on tuesday "this guy would be alive toiday had he returned to his country when his visa expired"

his own desire to abuse the system cost him his life.

harsh but ultimatly true.

M
Old 28 July 2005, 08:49 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
Obviously if he wasn't here he would not have died on that day. But wouldn't the Police have followed the next person coming out of those flats? Who could that have been, we know now there were no bombers there at the time, so would have been another innocent. What if a UK National? what if they had run too, from panic?

He did not deserve to die for running from the Police, even they would tell you that, imagine how the officers feeling now?

Although they were armed Police, he may not have realised that, he may of thought they were Immigration Police. He still shouldn't of run, but did not deserve to die for it. It is a tragic mistake.

Asif
sorry dont accept that, he was doing alright for himself as an electrician, so the arguement that he may have thought they were immigration police dosent hold water, he was an intelligent man, who would after two years be well aware of our systems and law enforcers. it was he who chose to evade the system so he could stay on illeaglly. ultimatly it was his own actions that cost him his life.

M
Old 28 July 2005, 09:22 PM
s70rjw
Scooby Senior

What I find most ironic is that in Brazil running away from the Police allows them to fire at you. So he must have known thats what have happened in his home land but never the less took his chance in the current climate in London.
Old 28 July 2005, 09:26 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
markus i have a joke for u my mate steve from the evo forum sent me an email the cheeky *******

u will like it

A man goes into an adult entertainment shop and asks the assistant for an inflatable doll.

"Would you like male of female?"

"Female, please."

"Would you like Black, or White?"

"White, please."

"Would you like Christian or Muslim?"

This question confused the man . . . and he replied, "What has the religion got to do with it? It's an Inflatable doll!"

"Well," explained the assistant, "The Muslim one blows itself up!"

lol, very funny joke there moses
Old 28 July 2005, 09:34 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

lol, very funny joke there moses

i knew u would like it , mate u still see lozza , aint seen her for over 2 and a half yrs here, if u speak to her, tell her i was asking

u take care bud
Old 28 July 2005, 09:58 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
sorry dont accept that, he was doing alright for himself as an electrician, so the arguement that he may have thought they were immigration police dosent hold water, he was an intelligent man, who would after two years be well aware of our systems and law enforcers. it was he who chose to evade the system so he could stay on illeaglly. ultimatly it was his own actions that cost him his life.

M
Mart,

Thats ok. I agree with your last point completely btw, however all I was trying to say is that he didn't DESERVE to die. Do you think he did?

I dont blame the Police one bit for it, as I said it was a tragic accident.

As to what he was thinking and his motives for what he did, none of us have the answer to that and never will. One explanation which includes that he did not really think too deeply about what he was doing and just thought he would do a runner, is one that makes sense to me.

If he really knew that these were fully armed, loaded, and lethal policemen, he would have stopped, simply because running would have been impossible after pooping his pants so heavily.

Did someone quote Littlejohn? He is just a populist and will say anything to get his readers going, doesn't mean anything to me. Frankly the man is more a hindrance than a help.

Asif
Old 28 July 2005, 10:17 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
Mart,

Thats ok. I agree with your last point completely btw, however all I was trying to say is that he didn't DESERVE to die. Do you think he did?

I dont blame the Police one bit for it, as I said it was a tragic accident.

As to what he was thinking and his motives for what he did, none of us have the answer to that and never will. One explanation which includes that he did not really think too deeply about what he was doing and just thought he would do a runner, is one that makes sense to me.

If he really knew that these were fully armed, loaded, and lethal policemen, he would have stopped, simply because running would have been impossible after pooping his pants so heavily.

Did someone quote Littlejohn? He is just a populist and will say anything to get his readers going, doesn't mean anything to me. Frankly the man is more a hindrance than a help.

Asif
lil john a zionist narrow minded pr1ck , i couldnt believe it he openly called ken livingstone a lil hitler only cause he stands up to israel and zionists and when he didnt apologise to that scumbag from evening standard, lil john puts up a big story about ken in all the page and called him a lil hitler

john is a c;unt in the pockets of the israeli lobby , pro neocon w@nker
Old 28 July 2005, 10:18 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

i knew u would like it , mate u still see lozza , aint seen her for over 2 and a half yrs here, if u speak to her, tell her i was asking

u take care bud
I've not seen her in ages (probably due to me being over here ), and I've not spoken to her either If I do happen to speak to her I'll let her know you were asking after her
Old 28 July 2005, 10:21 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

I've not seen her in ages (probably due to me being over here ), and I've not spoken to her either If I do happen to speak to her I'll let her know you were asking after her
thanks alot mate, i miss the original members, they all vanished
Old 28 July 2005, 10:34 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

In Brazil, the Police shot a man for a traffic offence on camera. Perhaps he ran cos he was afraid of the same treatment from our Police?
Old 28 July 2005, 10:48 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

lil john a zionist narrow minded pr1ck , i couldnt believe it he openly called ken livingstone a lil hitler only cause he stands up to israel and zionists and when he didnt apologise to that scumbag from evening standard, lil john puts up a big story about ken in all the page and called him a lil hitler

john is a c;unt in the pockets of the israeli lobby , pro neocon w@nker

you are very stranges moses very strange......

memo to gchq

moses.......one to watch out for

lol

mart

Quick Reply: Re: The Man Shot Last Week