Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

3G, whats the point ?

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2005, 04:25 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3G, whats the point ?

I have a 3G phone and fair enough it works ok but I cant see the point at the moment, never use the video call function as I dont know anyone that I would both like to see when I am talking and has a suitable phone.

The '3' content is ****, all big Brother Coverage at 50p a minute and crappy little cartoons, the news costs 25 p per item for video and I only really want a text version, the news gets buried under crappy little 'Pete and Jaydee' videos and stuff about pointless celebrities.

Is there any better services, i.e. ones where you can actually get onto the internet, now that would be useful.
Old 29 July 2005, 04:28 PM
Harry_Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My view? Phones are for talking and texting. Can't be ar*ed with silly movies and the other add on cr*p....
Old 29 July 2005, 04:38 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Unless you and all your friends video call, it is little more than a gimmick for those who like to be seen to be "early adopters" IMO.
Old 29 July 2005, 04:56 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

I've got a 3G phone and I've never made a successful video call on it. The only other person I know who has one is my sister and the last time I tried to call her using video I didn't have a 3G signal

It was quite useful whilst we were on a camping holiday for watching videos of the weather forecast and I've also watched the news headlines twice on it. Other than that the only use I can think of but haven't tried yet is for connecting to the internet via my laptop.

I use my skinny 2G phone most of the time as I don't have enough reasons for carrying the 3G housebrick around in my pocket
Old 29 July 2005, 06:12 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobychick
I've got a 3G phone and I've never made a successful video call on it. The only other person I know who has one is my sister and the last time I tried to call her using video I didn't have a 3G signal

It was quite useful whilst we were on a camping holiday for watching videos of the weather forecast and I've also watched the news headlines twice on it. Other than that the only use I can think of but haven't tried yet is for connecting to the internet via my laptop.

I use my skinny 2G phone most of the time as I don't have enough reasons for carrying the 3G housebrick around in my pocket
dont waste your time...

you cant connect www as the phones are locked to prevent that..

all you get is the content they want you to see and pay for!!!

there not daft... chav davy and chavette shaz cant see that the cheap line rental is offset by the stupid charges,, that and the bloody frog... and until the cycle is broken 3 will never change..

M
Old 29 July 2005, 07:07 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

3G is a complete waste of time - the phone operators were crazy to pay the government 20billion for the licences - doubt they will ever see the investment back, and we are the ones who are basically paying for it

Who the hell wants to carry a massive phone about when they wont ever make video calls? If the bandwidth could be used for decent net access on the phones then it would be worthwhile, but it would need to be cheap, and 3 seem unrealistic with their pricing for 3G gimick stuff