Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The police.

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2005, 07:50 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The police.

Not the dodgy group with sting in it and not a slate-a-thon either. No, this is a big up of the first order.
In the last three weeks, I have been seriously impressed with these guys. When it comes to tangling with them with my street based antics then I can take em or leave em, but in the public eye this last few weeks, they have not put a foot wrong.
Okay, they may have shot an innocent man, but when you run away from the police and onto the tube in the current climate then frankly you deserve everything you get.
What impressed me with that incident was the "dont **** with us, cos we are not ******* about, not even a little bit" message it sent to the toerags of the world. The chasing copper thought he was a threat to the general public so he pushed a pistol in his mouth and put a bullet in his face to end that threat. Then put four more in his head to make sure he, and the aforementioned toerags got the message. I dont know about anyone else, but I was VERY reassured by the actions and the lengths this copper went to ensure the public he was protecting was not put at risk.

And then in the last few days, the bombers were rounded up in an understated and orderly fashion. No grandstanding or macho tripe like you would have got in america, but as soon as they got the information they needed they went and took care of the situation, quickly and professionally.
Now the bombers who are still alive are in custody and the public can sleep, go to work and get on with their lives knowing that the police are going to protect them.
Like I said, I am not the first person to sing the police's praises, but mad props to their actions over the last few weeks
astraboy.
Old 29 July 2005, 08:54 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I think you will find that most of the "anti-terrorist" actions were carried out by the security services rather than the police. Fundamentally, as we have seen in Northern Ireland for example, the police are trained to uphold law and order and provide a visable security presence. When you have a job that needs doing then you get in some experts with the police in support to brush up the mess.
Old 30 July 2005, 08:02 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

As I said in another thread, I think the security services and police have done a first class job.

Les
Old 30 July 2005, 08:46 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Here here
Old 30 July 2005, 11:07 AM
jods
Scooby Senior

Thumbs up

Old 30 July 2005, 01:58 PM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I think you will find that most of the "anti-terrorist" actions were carried out by the security services rather than the police. Fundamentally, as we have seen in Northern Ireland for example, the police are trained to uphold law and order and provide a visable security presence. When you have a job that needs doing then you get in some experts with the police in support to brush up the mess.
erm, special branch? anti-terrorist branch?
Old 30 July 2005, 02:18 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

What a refreshing change to see a post like this.

Nice one astraboy !!!
Old 30 July 2005, 03:45 PM
dharbige
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
Okay, they may have shot an innocent man
I agree with everything you said, except the word "innocent".

He wasn't innocent - he just wasn't a terrorist. He most likely ran because he was guilty of forging his visa.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a travesty that the guy died needlessly, but I honestly don't think that without the benefit of hind-sight that the armed police who killed him could have behaved any differently.
Old 30 July 2005, 05:41 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Not heard of so19 then?

Lots of things attributed to the SAS are in fact done by these guys.