Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah will be watching that along with the 2 episodes of BB
Old 10 August 2005, 05:48 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

"Lost" is a superb program, with a great season finale.

Steve
Old 10 August 2005, 06:05 PM
CRAIGFIN
Scooby Regular

I've been looking forward to this for ages....only ever heard good things about it.
Old 10 August 2005, 06:12 PM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

3rd episode is on E4, after the second one has finished on Channel 4.

Tivo has a Season Pass set for it, just in case I forget/go out/etc!!
Old 11 August 2005, 02:15 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

I wasn't sure about this one. I want to like it but I'm not there yet so if it doesn't improve then I'm off. Any Lost converts?
Old 11 August 2005, 02:22 PM
stevem2k
Scooby Regular

Mine are backed up on the Tivo as I was out for curry last night .. so I can't pass judgement as yet..
Old 11 August 2005, 02:39 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
I wasn't sure about this one. I want to like it but I'm not there yet so if it doesn't improve then I'm off. Any Lost converts?

Agree....i'm giving it till episode 4 then im outta there!
Old 11 August 2005, 03:06 PM
Reality
BANNED

Episode 1-2 Spoiler below - don't read ....

Invisible tree shaking "monster" that's appears to be scared of sand and a Polar Bear on a tropical Island - Hmmmmm.

I'm with Tiggs - give it another 2 to improve - I'm not hopeful.

Oh - and 40 survivors from a plane split in half and falling from 30,000 - Yeah OK !
Old 11 August 2005, 03:10 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
Oh - and 40 survivors from a plane split in half and falling from 30,000 - Yeah OK !
I also loved the bit from the doctor guy saying how his first ever surgical case as a junior doc was spinal surgery lasting 12 hours... hmm don't think so!
Old 11 August 2005, 03:13 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by TopBanana
I also loved the bit from the doctor guy saying how his first ever surgical case as a junior doc was spinal surgery lasting 12 hours... hmm don't think so!
Yeah - but he cut open the spinal cord and nerves were flying all over the place - but he just closed up and she was fine. Would have taken 30 years to put all the Nerves back together again.

Mind you - I'm not A Doctor
Old 11 August 2005, 03:18 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reality
Yeah - but he cut open the spinal cord and nerves were flying all over the place - but he just closed up and she was fine. Would have taken 30 years to put all the Nerves back together again.

Mind you - I'm not A Doctor

yep.....two things for me that ruined it were the stupid spinal sack rubbish.....and the whole concept that they could freefall from 30,000 feet and just land with cuts and bruises.

the opening scene with the doc - was he supposed to have just fallen from his seat somewhere bewteen heaven and palm trees and just landed on his back in the jungle????

if you belive that you'll belive the polar bear is radio controlled and being driven by mad penguins.
Old 11 August 2005, 03:22 PM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

The bit that made me really laugh was that the engine still running and then had enough power to suck the bloke into it Wouldn't it need fuel pressure and a connection to the cockpit controls to continue running like that?? Please correct me if I'm wrong, my knowledge of jet engines is limited to "they're big and make lots of noise".

Still, it was all very realistic..
Old 11 August 2005, 03:29 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Tiggs
if you belive that you'll belive the polar bear is radio controlled and being driven by mad penguins.
You've seen episode 7 already
Old 11 August 2005, 03:31 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I missed the actual crash bit... I'll have to watch the repeat, however, since we are now starting to pull it apart , I took umbrage at the less than careful surgical removal of the 'shrapnel', it bled a bit then just stopped after a bit of dabbing.... if it was that superficial then what was the fuss about?

I also took exception to the fact the other guy managed to bag a polar bear so quickly with a 9mm when I have seen photographic proof of what happens when you empty a .357 magnum into a grizzly which is a smaller species of bear (you get eaten), especially when the bloke was such a poor shot he couldn't even hit the marshals heart from 10 paces!

Old 11 August 2005, 03:39 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

FFS ITS NOT A POLAR BEAR lol polar bears aint white

found somethings far fetched but hey its TV... its not like I paid a fortune to go to the cinema and watch it, not many entertaining things on TV anymore...

1 thing that really annoyed me about it last night though was 20 mins in first end of part. fine, adverts for 5 mins, came back on and 4 mins later we was straight back on a break WTF... becoming very americanised now
Old 11 August 2005, 03:41 PM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Island of Dr Moreau, anyone?

Could make a good betting game based on who's gonna get offed next, however ...
Old 11 August 2005, 03:42 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

FFS ITS NOT A POLAR BEAR lol polar bears aint white
I take exception to your fixation with green polar bears too .... they ARE white... it's just that some in captivity in warmer climates get algae growing in their hollow fur, similar to what happens to the sloth.
Old 11 August 2005, 03:44 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

LOL.. wtf? polar bears only LOOK white because of the reflection of the sun rays from their environment... SNOW!!!! Stick them in a forest and I'll dare bet they look green...lol
Old 11 August 2005, 03:45 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
I take exception to your fixation with green polar bears too .... they ARE white... it's just that some in captivity in warmer climates get algae growing in their hollow fur, similar to what happens to the sloth.

need to increase nitrate levels to 10ppm and keep an eye on phosphates...........hang on...wrong forum!
Old 11 August 2005, 03:46 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
LOL.. wtf? polar bears only LOOK white because of the reflection of the sun rays from their environment... SNOW!!!! Stick them in a forest and I'll dare bet they look green...lol
Old 11 August 2005, 03:48 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

LOL seriously, polar bears are actually black, their fur is transparent and they appear white because of the reflection of light in the snow.... honest.

Useless fact I know
Old 11 August 2005, 03:49 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

http://www.yesmag.bc.ca/Questions/polarbear.html
Old 11 August 2005, 03:50 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by ajm
They appear white cos of all the Snow around them. That ****** should have been green last night.

Back to the Betting - I reckon Kinga will be out next

Oh - And let's go climb a ******* mountain - let's take the screaming bint in flip-flops with us.

Oh Oh - "I've never seen how to unload / make safe a 9mm" - proceeds to make safe like the terminator .

Can't wait to see the french tape that's been running for 16 years - must be powered by those damned Penguins

the more I think about it the less inclined I am to tune in Next week - after all it wont be in a BB sandwich then !
Old 11 August 2005, 03:53 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
LOL seriously, polar bears are actually black, their fur is transparent and they appear white because of the reflection of light in the snow.... honest.

Useless fact I know
I agree that the fur is transparent, but the reason it looks white is for the same reason a cluster of optical fibres looks white, the full spectrum of light is reflected from the hair, despite the colour of the surroundings!

Polar bears have actually been known to turn green due to algae in the hair however!
Old 11 August 2005, 03:54 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

LOL.. must admit I was laughing at the point of that silly crying gal wanting to go hiking with them when the other 2 where there with boots on and rucksacks at that point I knew it spelt disaster
Old 11 August 2005, 04:33 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

and another thing..... since when do the Iraqi army teach advanced electronics to its communications officers? Last time I saw footage of an iraqi soldier he was bearly able to load a mortar shell the right way round!
Old 11 August 2005, 04:39 PM
Reality
BANNED

Gasping for air and plane falling from the sky the bad bitch still has time to find the keys to her cuffs and get them off before putting her oxygen on.

Heroine addict get's thrown into the ceiling of the plane but doesn't appear to have any head injuries - plane in a steep "death dive" and he's still able to go back up the cabin to get his business class seat, belt up and get oxygen.

More Holes than Tweaky's ****

Actually - when I think about it getting up the cabin wouldn't be a problem - Stopping might
Old 11 August 2005, 05:02 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobychick
The bit that made me really laugh was that the engine still running and then had enough power to suck the bloke into it Wouldn't it need fuel pressure and a connection to the cockpit controls to continue running like that?? Please correct me if I'm wrong, my knowledge of jet engines is limited to "they're big and make lots of noise".

Still, it was all very realistic..
That was the funny part because as you point out, no fuel/hydraulics = dead engine but without getting **** (why on earth would they turn back due to a dead radio) the Captain being found 16 hours after the crash with various bits of the aircraft strewn around the island was beyond belief.

Its a shame because despite it's reputation there is some great American television, particularly from HBO so I'm hoping that this improves given the hype and applause it received from the other side of the pond.
Old 11 August 2005, 05:07 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
Its a shame because despite it's reputation there is some great American television, particularly from HBO so I'm hoping that this improves given the hype and applause it received from the other side of the pond.
Yeah - but all the holes will have the yanks saying "It's meant to be eye-ronic"

Quick Reply: Reminder .. "Lost"