Occifers

heh
Old 13 August 2005, 12:57 AM
wacky.banana
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gutmann pug
and they dont like being called it
So what's the story behind this then GP?
Old 13 August 2005, 11:12 AM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<nods> How true
Old 13 August 2005, 12:29 PM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont rise to it Simon,they're trying to bait us
Old 13 August 2005, 12:38 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

LoL simon it,s not a job i would fancy myself , although i gotta admit some of em are c***s only looking to go outa there way to make things difficult for other people like this guy http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

who seems to have a chip on his shoulder against other road users who may stray over the speed limit and break the law , but fails to comply by the rules himself by parking a yacht on double yellows

EGO TRIP OR WHAT??

P.S SI this aint an attack on you m8 you seem like a decent enough bloke , well ya got an impreza so you must be
Old 13 August 2005, 12:45 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

I'm sorry to say that in my experience the Police have been useless, whenever I've needed them.

Bob
Old 13 August 2005, 12:49 PM
jimmy boo
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BOB'5
I'm sorry to say that in my experience the Police have been useless, whenever I've needed them.

Bob
Sorry to hear that Bob.......up here we try our best
Old 13 August 2005, 12:51 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

So whatever you do you like being called a Jobsworth do you, or is it just that you don't give of your best at work.....the difference between a copper and most other jobs is that the copper doing his best, giving 100%, normally means someone getting in the ****e/getting a fine etc etc.

I gave a £60 to a lad the other day as he didn't have an L-plate on the back of his motorbike when he's a learner rider.....if i hadn't he'd have kept on riding without one ( i saw him yesterday he's now fitted one) and people wouldn't have known he was inexperienced, likely to make a mistake and needs to be shown a little patient....in other words its ME that would have been putting his life at risk but not giving him the only incentive he'll understand to put the L plate on...a lighter wallet.
Had i not done it and gone to scrape him off the road a couple of days later, i'd have felt terrible and couldn't live with that....COULD YOU??

Last edited by WRXPete; 13 August 2005 at 12:54 PM.
Old 13 August 2005, 12:55 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
LoL simon it,s not a job i would fancy myself , although i gotta admit some of em are c***s only looking to go outa there way to make things difficult for other people like this guy http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

who seems to have a chip on his shoulder against other road users who may stray over the speed limit and break the law , but fails to comply by the rules himself by parking a yacht on double yellows

EGO TRIP OR WHAT??

P.S SI this aint an attack on you m8 you seem like a decent enough bloke , well ya got an impreza so you must be
You are right by the way, some of them are complete *****, christ knows i've worked with a few....but good coppering doesn't make the newspapers does it??
Old 13 August 2005, 01:02 PM
G.Mac
Scooby Regular

I generaly dont have a problem with the police myelf, but i do undertand where alot of people are coming from, having only had the scoob a few days I encountered a well mannered officer..NOT, he sliced the nose off me whilst he was entering the roundabout I was on at a dangerous speed, then carved another couple of drivers up, when I went to pass him to get out of his way before he caused an accident ( he was in an unmarked car) he stradled both lanes of the dual carriageway and slammed his breaks on (again dangerous) before putting his lights on, when we stopped we were on the inside lane of a 70mph dual carriageway (again dangerous) he then got out his car and shouted and I quote "your a f*cking ars*hole", he then ran round to the woman who had stopped infront of him to tell her she could go, and started walking over to my car, I wound own the passenger window o he could talk to me but intead threw open my door and shouted and I quote again "next time I'll have your f*ucking licence, now beat it" (again verbal abuse) then slammed the door of MY new car hut a hard as he could (vandalism)

so there you have it with officers such as this one no wonder the Police have a bad name, granted the vast majority of officers do a good job but when you come accross an officer such as this one blatantly breaking the law nevermind bending the law what chance have you got!

I did put a complaint in against this officer but never heard anything back (surprise surprise!!!)

Graeme
Old 13 August 2005, 01:03 PM
explore
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SimonGawthorpe
All you lot see is a uniform and an establishment to take the p*ss out of. Imagine having to put on a uniform and go out into society and try and help people, when a mindless 50% or so of all those people have a misconcieved pre-conception of you before you even open your mouth!!

Its not easy. The Police have a rule book to go by, its called the law!! They cant bend it or shape it how they see fit. There are laws on people burgling houses and there are laws on people speeding. If a family member or friend was killed by a speeding motorist you would want the Police to chop their ***** off, but if they catch you speeding they are "out of order" or have "nothing better to do".

Well, you cant have it both ways, the law doesnt bend to suit you or me.

Anyway, arent we here to talk about Impreza's.

Si (Guess what I do for a living!!)
ah yes that may be true but dont you think they should be out there catching the real law breakers and not target the motorest?
you know why they do it? because it is easier and i belive as im sure may of you do, the police these days are just plain lazy, so the motorist is the easiest target.
Old 13 August 2005, 01:03 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

i wouldent say they were usless ive met quite a few decent ones (who have let me off with minor things like pulling away with out a seat belt etc) but for every decent one i met i probly met 2 or 3 c***s who have lifted me for walking home pissed one night (minding my own buisness eating a kebab actually) paddy wagon stops ok youre lifted for drunken incapable (although im walking and eating a kebab at same time) i try to argue my case saying im on my way home then they get out of the van and start getting heavy handed with me no charges were made but i got a night in the cells for nowt :-(
Old 13 August 2005, 01:04 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

All you lot see is a uniform and an establishment to take the p*ss out of. Imagine having to put on a uniform and go out into society and try and help people, when a mindless 50% or so of all those people have a misconcieved pre-conception of you before you even open your mouth!!

Its not easy. The Police have a rule book to go by, its called the law!! They cant bend it or shape it how they see fit. There are laws on people burgling houses and there are laws on people speeding. If a family member or friend was killed by a speeding motorist you would want the Police to chop their ***** off, but if they catch you speeding they are "out of order" or have "nothing better to do".

Well, you cant have it both ways, the law doesnt bend to suit you or me.

Anyway, arent we here to talk about Impreza's.

Si (Guess what I do for a living!!)
Old 13 August 2005, 01:09 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by explore
ah yes that may be true but dont you think they should be out there catching the real law breakers and not target the motorest?
you know why they do it? because it is easier and i belive as im sure may of you do, the police these days are just plain lazy, so the motorist is the easiest target.
Utter bo**ocks. What is a 'real' law breaker then? Someone who breaks the law possibly? You lot have no idea what the real world is like, closeted in your own little selfish world, where the only person that matters to you is you. Get a f**king grip and grow up
Old 13 August 2005, 01:30 PM
WRX 05
Scooby Newbie

I they're not so bloody lazy why do they always fine motorists for stupid things but when my friend phoned them a little while after having the crap beaten out of him by about 15 yobs at 2am, using bottles and even thier teeth to attack him he was accused of wasting police time. Where were the police all night while these idiots were walking around, the town has a dispersal thing that says they shouldnt be walking around at these times. If they weren't so bloody lazy they'd have stopped these yobs before they got to attack someone, but thats too much like hard work, lets go and catch someone doing 45 in a 40.
Old 13 August 2005, 01:35 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by steffiraf
Utter bo**ocks. What is a 'real' law breaker then? Someone who breaks the law possibly? You lot have no idea what the real world is like, closeted in your own little selfish world, where the only person that matters to you is you. Get a f**king grip and grow up
well steffiraf can ya tell me why i got lifted as i mentioned in the above post i made??

im NOT in a group of people shouting my head off at passers by and being abusive.

im walking home ALONE minding my own buisness although i am drunk but not intoxicated (with my kebab ) only 100 yards or so from my house

i got the impression as there were no fights or trouble any where near by at the time , i was lifted just for the sake of making an arrest or was lifted because they had nothing better to do

like i said i wasnt charged or anything i got out at about 5 am (with out my kebab )

but point being i was lifted for nothin

Last edited by RA Dunk; 13 August 2005 at 01:42 PM.
Old 13 August 2005, 01:37 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

The Police have a rule book to go by, its called the law!!
My problem with "certain" (note NOT all of them) officers is they take the book by every single letter and infrindgement, without using their own common sense or discretion to the surrounding circumstances.

As good as some policemen are, unfortunately some of their colleagues let them down very badly indeed.
Old 13 August 2005, 01:45 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

2 of my mates are coppers and I dont envy their job.

Still, there must be a reason why I dont get mugged everyday, or burgled, or murdered. Someone must be stopping this from happening.

And yes, I work for the Police.
Old 13 August 2005, 01:51 PM
cookstar
Scooby Regular

normal police - do a cracking job, i have a lot of respect for them

BTP on the other hand
Old 13 August 2005, 01:58 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jimmy boo
Sorry to hear that Bob.......up here we try our best
up there you stop legaly driving motorists, in there ppp exhausted scoobies, and fine there asses for fun

ITS WORSE UP THERE!!!
Old 13 August 2005, 02:02 PM
steffiraf
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
well steffiraf can ya tell me why i got lifted as i mentioned in the above post i made??

im NOT in a group of people shouting my head off at passers by and being abusive.

im walking home ALONE minding my own buisness although i am drunk but not intoxicated (with my kebab ) only 100 yards or so from my house

i got the impression as there were no fights or trouble any where near by at the time , i was lifted just for the sake of making an arrest or was lifted because they had nothing better to do

like i said i wasnt charged or anything i got out at about 5 am (with out my kebab )

but point being i was lifted for nothin
I cant answer that one, am sorry, and I agree that there are some w**kers that let the side down but 99.9% of police officers wont lock someone up for no good reason. The amount of paperwork that goes with an arrest is staggering and I know an arrest is not made lightly.
I am not a police officer so am not taking sides, however, I do work for the police and I get to see what happens on a daily basis. Its me that has to speak to the public when they have a problem, its me that has to tell the bobbies to go and see such and such a body about whatever their problem is and its me that takes the flack when i tell people the police aren't coming because they are busy on something important.
So I know how hard they work and it p*sses me off when people on this forum whinge about them. If only you lot could come a spend a friday night with me at work, you might see things a lot differently
Old 13 August 2005, 02:21 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

i know the police dont have an easy job as there are loads of louts , trouble makers criminals, drug dealers, thiefs etc.. crawling the streets, but wouldent there time be better spent dealing with these type of people rather than going after someone doing 35 in a 30 or hassling some poor drunk guy trying to make his way home after a night out (poor drunk guy being me) :-)
Old 13 August 2005, 02:31 PM
DevilHimSelf
Scooby Regular

Like others still wondering what started all this off, comments GP?
Old 13 August 2005, 02:47 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by WRXPete
So whatever you do you like being called a Jobsworth do you, or is it just that you don't give of your best at work.....the difference between a copper and most other jobs is that the copper doing his best, giving 100%, normally means someone getting in the ****e/getting a fine etc etc.

I gave a £60 to a lad the other day as he didn't have an L-plate on the back of his motorbike when he's a learner rider.....if i hadn't he'd have kept on riding without one ( i saw him yesterday he's now fitted one) and people wouldn't have known he was inexperienced, likely to make a mistake and needs to be shown a little patient....in other words its ME that would have been putting his life at risk but not giving him the only incentive he'll understand to put the L plate on...a lighter wallet.
Had i not done it and gone to scrape him off the road a couple of days later, i'd have felt terrible and couldn't live with that....COULD YOU??
how about a 7 day vehicle rectification notice!! surely that would aheive the same results but without a fine??

Mart
Old 13 August 2005, 02:52 PM
dexter
Scooby Regular

All postmen, electricians, MP`s, nurses, Olympic Athletes, social workers, professional photographers, butchers, bakers, and candlestick makers are all Jobsworths....................

Load of crap eh, and nothing like generalising is there, much like the title of this post.
Old 13 August 2005, 02:53 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

A The Police have a rule book to go by, its called the law!! They cant bend it or shape it how they see fit.
sorry.....

I thought one of the prerequisites of being a copper was application of discretion and appropriate application of the law.

if thats the case, why do chavs and pikeys get away with loads, and the staid joe public get shafted...

as with any community of individuals, there are those who interprit, the law one way, and those who do it another...

I believe darlington area constabulary interprit speeding one way with great success, but all the rest use another method and look at the results..!!!

your statement should have read, the law is there to be uphled, how individuals apply the law is down to individual discretion / mood and acpo guidlines..

Mart
Old 13 August 2005, 02:54 PM
black scoobs
Scooby Regular

how many work for the police and use this web site
Old 13 August 2005, 03:14 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

2 times I have needed any assistance from them:

1: Car-Jacking at gunpoint on the same road as main Police Station
Result: Treated it like a push-bike had been stolen

2: Reported a VERY drunk driver and followed him for 10miles whilst keeping the Police informed.
Result: Fobbed me off that they had unmarked cars in the area that would pick him up. Did they heck.

I'm sorry to say that I now see them as nothing more than glorified traffic wardens.
Old 13 August 2005, 04:05 PM
WRXPete
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by explore
This is the oldest and frankly most useless gripe....when Billy Burglar steals your brand new 48" plasma screen he doesn't walk down the road with it under his arm, he shoves it in the back of an untaxed, uninsured Transit van....stopping a car even with one brake light out is always worth it, you never know what you're going to get.

Quick Reply: Policemen are jobsworth's