Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Property web sites

Search this Thread

Old 16 August 2005, 03:38 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Property web sites

Does anyone have the address for any spanish property websites, not the rip off ones like parador etc.. But a spanish one like dixons etc...As i am in the market for buying to moveout to live there.
Old 16 August 2005, 04:02 PM
jods
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

Originally Posted by webby v7 slipperwagon
Does anyone have the address for any spanish property websites, not the rip off ones like parador etc.. But a spanish one like dixons etc...As i am in the market for buying to moveout to live there.
Did you see that TV program recently about buying property in Spain ?

Nightmare. Would seriously advise you to not cut corners on legal advise.
There are properties in their 1000's being built illegally and sold on to unsuspecting Brits who end up losing everything, money, house the lot AND they get massive bills into the bargain.
It's a huge scam

Also there are legal properties where you, YOU, THAT is YOU !! will have to give up your own land under something called the Land Grab Law.

If a builder has pals on the council - he says - I develop new properties to sell but I need 30 % of Slippys land. You have to give him the land.

It gets worse

YOU have to PAY the costs of putting in roads etc !!

ABSOLUTELY make sure you have airtight legal support
Old 16 August 2005, 05:44 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jods
Did you see that TV program recently about buying property in Spain ?

Nightmare. Would seriously advise you to not cut corners on legal advise.
There are properties in their 1000's being built illegally and sold on to unsuspecting Brits who end up losing everything, money, house the lot AND they get massive bills into the bargain.
It's a huge scam

Also there are legal properties where you, YOU, THAT is YOU !! will have to give up your own land under something called the Land Grab Law.

If a builder has pals on the council - he says - I develop new properties to sell but I need 30 % of Slippys land. You have to give him the land.

It gets worse

YOU have to PAY the costs of putting in roads etc !!

ABSOLUTELY make sure you have airtight legal support
I have just come back from the Valencia region and that is one of the worst for it. But next year the law changes and all the scamming builders,councils etc. will be held to account.
Old 16 August 2005, 07:35 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've just bought a house out there but it's in the mountain villages in the south (where there aren't even roads outside the house, let alone any land!!!)

I agree about decent advice though - we employed a Spanish brief (against the advice of all the expats out there who said just to use the Gestor at the estate agent!!) who was used to mountain villages and he turned up all sorts of issues which he later sorted for us, including the house not being registered in the name of the seller (quite common but needs sorting) and the house being 4 times bigger than Spanish Land Registry thought!!! (result of buying bits from each side and knocking through which is again common).

However, if you employ proper legal back up they will get written confirmation stating there are no debts etc. secured on the property. Land grab? Wish we had some to grab - we're in the Arabic bit (we can see Morroco from our roof terrace) and thus we have no land around our village townhouse. There's still some great bargains in relatively undiscovered Spain if you look around.

All in all, I'd say the process is actually better than the UK - the buyer and seller, solicitors and estate agent all sat around the notary's table and agreed the terms of the Escutora (contract) at the same time so there's no saying you didn't know what was what. Our brief even sorted utilities being connected, house insurance and wills and inheritance insurance - you wouldn't get that from a British solicitor!!

The only weird thing is the fact you still need to supply large chunks of the purchase price in pure cash on the day...

Feel free to PM if you need any grass roots advice - we learnt by recent experience!

Russ