Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation lesbians and IVF....

dear oh dear.

children are not a right
Old 16 August 2005, 09:09 PM
Scooby_Dee
Scooby Regular

Location: Stuck behind that damn tractor or caravan on a B road!

As long as a child has parents who loves him or her should it matter?
Old 16 August 2005, 09:20 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

Gays are evil !
Old 16 August 2005, 09:21 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby_Dee
As long as a child has parents who loves him or her should it matter?
define love.. for a normal relationship ok, but lets be fair.. two men cant have a child without someone having a pop, so why should two women..

children need male and female influences in there upbringing.

M
Old 16 August 2005, 09:25 PM
Scooby_Dee
Scooby Regular

Location: Stuck behind that damn tractor or caravan on a B road!

What is normal though? To people who are in a gay relationship they are 'normal'. I feel that children need love regardless of the sexuality of the parents.

I think that you'll find that most children have male and female influences in their up bringing, it doesn't have to come from parents. Teachers and other family members have a lot to do with their lives.
Old 16 August 2005, 09:29 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Is it better for a lesbian to get pregnant from a man and not tell him he is the father?

Is knowing you are a parent a right?

What about children who lose a parent through divorce or death? Should the remaining parent go straight out and find another replacement?

Last edited by Jerome; 16 August 2005 at 09:31 PM.
Old 16 August 2005, 09:44 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I don't see a problem with this myself. If they want to have a kid, fine, not a problem, as long as they are good parents then I think it's fine.

Some people have serious issues with it though, thinking the kid will grow up weird because of gay parents. I think they'll grow up werid due to societies inability to cope with anything that goes against the generally accepted norms, rather than anything their parents would do.

Here's a question, which would you prefer, a lesbian couple adopting a kid or having IVF? Is it the same, or different? If so, why?
Old 16 August 2005, 09:45 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PG
Gays are evil !
Only the lesbians who won't let you watch/join in/try and convert them
Old 16 August 2005, 10:03 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

No objections here either.

If anyone has a 'problem' then please direct it against the dole class who are having baby doleclassers jsut to get more benefits thus making it unworthwhile working etc.

I'm of the opinion that your sexuality is not a choice (think about it, who would CHOOSE to expose themselves to all the predjudice out there, if it were a choice most would chose heterosexuality) so why shouldn't they be able to have children since their predicament means that kids can't be had 'naturally'. After all, infertile straight couples are in the same position of not being able to produce kids by themselves.

It goes without saying that both male and female role models are required for the child in an ideal world but this isn't always the case and down to the parents themselves, just think how many single mums/dads raise their kid perfectly well.

Maybe what's really required is some sort of vetting process similar to the adoption process. Mind you, maybe this should be applied to ALL couples, gay or straight!! Should sort things out

Last edited by Dracoro; 16 August 2005 at 10:07 PM.
Old 16 August 2005, 10:14 PM
MJB2
Scooby Regular

Its wrong!
Old 16 August 2005, 11:05 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

If sexuality is not a choice - then why should you be able to CHOOSE to have a baby by artificial means ? or another way..If we accept homesexuality is natural - then surely we must also accept that it doesnt lead to child birth aswell ?

And I think there is a large and easily defined difference between "giving a natural process a helping hand" for hetrosexual couples and creating something from nothing for homosexual couples.
Old 16 August 2005, 11:06 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

As long as a child has parents who loves him or her should it matter
It matters if my excessive taxes are paying for it........
Old 16 August 2005, 11:06 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

It's not right to try and create a family without a father.
Old 16 August 2005, 11:09 PM
Alan C
Scooby Regular

Whether Lesbian or Homosexual, reverting to unnatural methods to have a unnatural family unit and demanding that it is 'natural' stinks of crass hypocrisy and shows how confused all of this has become..

Gays preaching the word of God when the bible forbids it? Another hypocritical mess that will get swept under the carpet..

Just call a spade a spade. Modern technology and a softening and continual re-evaluation of peoples needs is just our designer society lurching from one issue to another as we seek answers to these conundrums.

The bible and modern values have and are being pulled apart by technology and evolution.

You'll just have to live with and accept this progress whatever your feelings & prejudices are..

Who knows where this is taking us?
Old 16 August 2005, 11:13 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Yes, we have to put up with people forcing through their selfish desires against all that is right and natural. I'm off this thread, it's too upsetting.
Old 17 August 2005, 12:22 AM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

So who here would like to be brought up knowing you had two Mothers or Fathers?

Hmmm, I doubt any. It's tough enough at school already without the need for this.
Old 17 August 2005, 12:23 AM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

To be crude, is a man F*cking another man natural?
Old 17 August 2005, 12:25 AM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

It boils down to the natural animal instinct to procreate. I say if a man / man, man / woman, woman / woman want to try and procreate then let them try all they want. If we as a species have the ability to assist that procreation then so be it. Offer IVF to all concerned but i dont think the man / man or the woman / woman will have much much luck because we cant form eggs from a bloke nor can we form sperm from a woman

Introduce no third parties into the relationships unless a female requires the assistance from another female in some way and a male requires the assistance from another male in some way, if you see what i mean

At the end of the day there are many factors to consider and quite rightly as pointed out above i think children need a balanced factor of both male and female influences to make them a balanced individual. Do you think that promiscuity and "divorce" (of a nature) has never been prevelant throughout humanity? i think it has We have to maintain a monogomous relationship these days for the sake of social order, it's a mans natural instinct to spread his seed throught as many females as possible to ensure he lives on in his young just as much as its a Womans right to choose the fittest and most strong Male to sire her young to ensure that her offspring survive in the wild. Things become a little more complex throughout the ages as we now see the "fittest" as being the most intelligent, or at least a combination of the fittest and strongest / intelligent.

Last edited by BlackadderII; 17 August 2005 at 12:27 AM.
Old 17 August 2005, 12:27 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Apparently you can get 15 quid a **** selling your love juice on the net. I reckon 100k a year is achievable with a bit of effort. (You would need a decent **** mag though)
Old 17 August 2005, 12:30 AM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

(You would need a decent **** mag though)
That is sooooo 1980's

T'internet man, T'internet
Old 17 August 2005, 12:31 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Ahhh - but would the taxman allow broadband as an allowable expense?
Old 17 August 2005, 12:31 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I have two gay female friends in London.They wanted children.They chose the father and one of them went for the artificial insamination.They have two children now.The father visits and takes kids over for the weekend etc and stays in touch.
It works fine for them!
Old 17 August 2005, 12:33 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

The thing that worries me is the whole web sperm thing. I reckon it all comes from probably three people (do you know anyone who makes a living selling sperm?) - so eventually someone is going to end up having kids with their brother...... scarey ****
Old 17 August 2005, 12:35 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

That is concerning!
Old 17 August 2005, 12:35 AM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
I have two gay female friends in London.They wanted children.They chose the father and one of them went for the artificial insamination.They have two children now.The father visits and takes kids over for the weekend etc and stays in touch.
It works fine for them!
Yeah **** the consequences for the poor kid when they try and explain that to the poor kid. I can imagine the playground talk now.

Like Bubba Po said, i'm outta here that has just about made me reach for the slutch in the pit of my stomach. How fcukin disgustin. Please tell them from me they make me want to vomit all over them, that poor child

OMG i just cant believe that that was allowed, WTF is happening to this world
Old 17 August 2005, 01:20 AM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Seems there are some very small minded people on here. Makes you wonder if some secretly wear jackboots and goose step around yelling "sieg heil!"
Old 17 August 2005, 02:35 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

IMO...

Even if the parents have thought about it and have enough answers ready, the kid will always get it in the neck at some point in his school-life. Someone, somewhere will make a 'brown dick' or 'Dyke' comment and their kids will put two and two together. Then some complete tw@ will victimise them or try to.

Next problem.
If the lesbian relationship fails for any reason, can the CSA pursue the father for maintenance? In the case of gay blokes, will the mother turn around and demand custody?

Cans of worms on the shelf, just waiting to be opened IMO.

...though with today's standards of life in the UK, I'm surprised anyone gives a ****. Too many freedoms without being taught or exposed to the responsibilities or consequences.

J.
Old 17 August 2005, 08:11 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Children have the best chance of a good upbringing if they come from a normal family, ie with a father and mother. Visiting rights are insufficient to have the proper influence on a child.

It is natural for children to have a proper family life with the continuous influence of a father and mother. It is no substitute to live in a homosexual atmosphere.

If people want to live together for unnatural sexual purposes that is entirely up to them, but I think it is wrong to subject children to a life being brought up in that kind of situation.

Its a long way from the standards that used to be regarded as the norm and I think it is a pity to see them disappear and true responsibilities taking a back seat to the more selfish requirement of being able to do exactly what you want with no regard to others.

Les
Old 17 August 2005, 08:18 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

As has been stated above, there are some very small minded people on here.

The main objection I can see here is that other people will try and make the childs life hell. It's that kind of **** that makes me wonder WTF is happening to society.

An ex of mine turned out to be lesbian and her and her partner have 2 kids (both through artificial insemination) and I can tell you now they are a better, stonger family unit than many "normal" families.
Old 17 August 2005, 08:18 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Les, are you basing that on evidence or opinion? It sounds like evidence, but my money's on opinion...

Quick Reply: lesbians and IVF....