Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

WTF are Barclaycard playing at.

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2005, 08:00 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF are Barclaycard playing at.

Looks like banking rants are on the agenda this evening.

Anyway..

I just logged on to barclaycard internet banking with debit card in hand ready to pay off the outstanding amount. (all of it)
A few weeks ago the minimum payment was made by D/D or internet transfer from the same account as the debit card.
Due to this minimum payment having been made already, I cannot make another payment until my next billing date.. by which time I will have no doubt accrued a **** load more interest !! WTF

This has to be a first.. a bank not accpeting money that's waved in front of them??

WTF is wrong with me paying off the balance.
I don't want the debt, I have the money to pay it off.
one less customer will be at Barclaycards door next month.

Andy
Old 17 August 2005, 08:02 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

They've stopped doing their price match guarantee (which I used to extract several hundred quid from them when I bought my first digital SLR!), and just stopped doing Nectar points too.

Time for a new c/c, methinks. There's no reason to carry on using them any more.

Any good deals out there at the moment?
Old 17 August 2005, 08:13 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

Im still on 0% interest for the life of any balance transfer, I should have stuck more on it but could only use about 4k.

do Egg still do good internet only deals?

I usually try moneysaving(s?)expert(.com?) as they always highlight the pro's and con's of almost every available deal.
Old 17 August 2005, 08:17 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

try the motley fool at www.fool.co.uk they give a good breakdown of the best lenders out there.

Fooled the system anyway, logged into my current account online (same debit card account) and paid it out from there. seems to have gone through OK.

Andy
Old 17 August 2005, 08:29 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Im sick of barclaycard

Transactions and payments take ages to show up on the card ( i use the online logon to check) so every month without fail, i pay it in full, and then the next bloody day I have another 2 transactions from something daft like 10 days ago suddenly show up.

v annoying. Call centre is useless too
Old 17 August 2005, 08:33 PM
Fuzz
Scooby Regular

yep when I phoned up to try and pay over the phone thinking it must be the way I'm reading it, I got some bloke named Jim who could "just about" speak english.
He gave me the same story but at least agreed with me it was a stupid "safety measure" that had been instigated.

Andy
Old 17 August 2005, 09:15 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Freak
Im sick of barclaycard

Transactions and payments take ages to show up on the card ( i use the online logon to check) so every month without fail, i pay it in full, and then the next bloody day I have another 2 transactions from something daft like 10 days ago suddenly show up.

v annoying. Call centre is useless too
If you want to pay off your balance, just ring up and ask what you owe. Ask if there are any pending transactions on the account and if so add that onto the bill. Pay with debit card and your account will then be cleared. This is an 80 second phone call. (I should know i took millions of them). Specificially ask them about these pending transactions ('Outstanding Authorisations'), as the interface used in the call centres doesnt make these obvious at first and the person probably wont check them unless prompted.

Fuzz: FYI the call centres are in Northampton, Teesside and Manchester, so if you spoke to 'Jim' who cant speak proper english then you are just unfortunate to speak to a retard who was probably employed under some 'Dumb-**** Equal-Opportunities-No-Discrimination-At-Work Act 19....'. Every large company has them, its just the way it is.
Old 17 August 2005, 10:03 PM
Chelsie-Bun
Scooby Regular

Egg used to give 1 or 2% cash back off your bill, that was cool.
Is there any out there that give cash back?

Chel xxx
Old 17 August 2005, 10:06 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by matt85
If you want to pay off your balance, just ring up and ask what you owe. Ask if there are any pending transactions on the account and if so add that onto the bill. Pay with debit card and your account will then be cleared. This is an 80 second phone call. (I should know i took millions of them). Specificially ask them about these pending transactions ('Outstanding Authorisations'), as the interface used in the call centres doesnt make these obvious at first and the person probably wont check them unless prompted.
Ive asked them to check any pending ones and they always say there are none, and then they show up a few days later- with a date a few days before when the payment was made! Pain in the ***. The pending ones also dont show up when you do the automated (non human) touch tone debit card payment/balance check.
Old 17 August 2005, 10:17 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Well, that explains why I wasn't seeing any additional Nectar points on the balance then

Never (and am touching wood) had a problem with the BC, and have always spoken to someone who has a decent command of the british language. Not sure if this is due to me using the international number, or if it's a perk of being a platinum customer.