Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Prague this weekend....

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2005, 07:11 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prague this weekend....

Thinking 'bout taking a spin down to Prague this weekend and am after some advice on any good bars etc to visit. Now I know that there has just been a thread on the place however, I cannot go to the places mentioned in it as the missus will be with me and, dear god.......she would **** and moan all weekend if I went to them.
So any good bars, clubs that can be advised?
Old 18 August 2005, 07:23 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Anything by the river front (around Casa bar) is "safe" and very nice when its hot
Old 18 August 2005, 07:34 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Don't get me wrong, Loud music, nice biatches and heavy swilling is fine but if I was to mention going to the place where you can nail the ****** for nowt as long as they can broadcast it in t'internet would give me an instant divorce........

Old 18 August 2005, 08:59 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

wait to the misses falls asleep and go to the pink dolly (prague 3) its open to 6am

She will never know
Old 18 August 2005, 09:04 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Go anywhere then but avoid the top end of Wenceslas Square by the Museum, of an evening, and you will be fine.
There are great bars all over Prague centre. It is really nice in the old quarter by the castle and across the river from there over Charles Bridge.
Old 18 August 2005, 10:36 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

There's a really good/popular club called 'Lavka' on the riverside right by Charles Bridge which is worth a look. Plus it has the added bonus that you can go for a stroll with yer missus across Charles Bridge in the moonlight.

Some nice open air bars in the old town square. Under big canopys and with views of the square/tower/cathedral/astronomical clock - very in the evenings.

As above, avoid Wenceslas square area at night if you're with the missus. Loads of skanky street ho's and millions of guys in orange jackets trying to drag you into one 'club' or another.

I'll probably be in Lavka and the old town square on sunday night too.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:50 AM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Going in 2 weeks wohooo!!!
Old 19 August 2005, 10:57 AM
bluenosewrx
Scooby Regular

Taff,
There is a good george and dragon down by the clock tower on the way to charles bridge, does a great full english and there is a great irish bar next door too, was there 2 new years ago with mates and to be frank thought that it was over rated, quite expensive, Ho' s everywhere and gypsy's on every corner trying to dip your pocket.Try and go to some of the bars outside tyhe main tourist areas and thats where the cheap drink is.should suit a tight Squaddie like yourself LOL.

Mac.
Old 19 August 2005, 11:15 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for gods sake, don't go abroad and then spend the evening in a British or Irish theme pub. There's plenty of nice Czech traditional restaurants and bars all over Prague.

I'd hate it if all Prague was known for is stag dos and lap dancing bars

The gypsy's do get a bad rap, but remember they aren't czech so don't let it give you a bad impression of the czech people. Just keep switched on with your bags and valuables.

Stefan
Old 19 August 2005, 12:00 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ozzy
for gods sake, don't go abroad and then spend the evening in a British or Irish theme pub. There's plenty of nice Czech traditional restaurants and bars all over Prague.
Well bloody said
Old 19 August 2005, 12:05 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

There are loads of english/irish bars there, so I guess if you were totally unadventurous you could go to one. I was forced to one night when I was working there, it was full of chavs watching premiership football matches. Nowt wrong with that over here, but why bother going overseas to do the same as you do here??

Top tip, the czech bars are cheaper, nicer, have loads of nice czech chicks in them (customers not strippers), and don't generally tend to be full of pi$$ed up stag groups causing trouble.

I found a nice student bar in a cellar.

But can't remember the name of it now.
Old 19 August 2005, 01:13 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the tips guys - I'll probably try most bars that I come across, yes...even the English / Irish type bars. Having lived out of the UK for about ten years, they are as much of a novelty to me as continental ones are to people living in the UK!
Old 19 August 2005, 02:50 PM
ScoobyJawa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bluenosewrx
Taff,
There is a good george and dragon down by the clock tower on the way to charles bridge, does a great full english and there is a great irish bar next door too
For the love of god don't go in there. How to ruin the main square in Prague in 1 easy go, its full of loud obnoxious brits and even me and a group of lads from Essex I was over with were embarassed. How anyone can go somewhere lovely like Prague and end up in a fecking brit or irish DUMP is beyond me
Old 19 August 2005, 03:16 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Went last weekend and am still recovering!

Still intending to write a more full report but have just been too knackered!!

If you are with the Missus, you will like it.

Stick to the Old Town I say, loads of bars and restaurants, some quite sophisticated.

I am sure there are cheap places for the locals, but you're going to have to find them, there may be little all else round them.

Have fun.

Asif