Xenadrine RFA-1 (Weight Loss)

Search this Thread

Old 18 August 2005, 08:43 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Xenadrine RFA-1 (Weight Loss)

Here goes.....

I've been on the Good old Atkins (like many others here) but have found the weight simply piles on again.....

I need to get down approx 2 stones and have a unopened bottle of Xenadrine RFA-1's (with Ephedrine) in my draw for quite some time. Although I've read all the success stories (from US users), I'm still a bit worried about the possible side effects.

Has anyone here had any experience with them?

Should I just give them a go???......(or just head down to the gym without them)
Old 18 August 2005, 09:06 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look at Muscle Talk for advice on supplements containing Ephedrine and the effect they have when working out in a gym.
Old 18 August 2005, 09:19 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

I use ephedrine washed down with a bottle of lucozade as an energiser at raves.
I'm 29, 6'2" tall, eat what I like, drink what I like and I weigh 11st.
Thats taking one a week.
Yes it works.
astraboy.
Old 18 August 2005, 09:24 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

only side effects I have got from them is keeping me awake all night (but thats more of a bonus than anything else) and some mild appitite supression and of course the weight loss from increased metabolism.
apart from that, the only thing you have to watch for is how much caffiene you take. Caffiene makes it work harder and you dont need much either. I can go all night long on 1 capsule and 1 bottle of lucozade (which contains about as much caffiene as half a cup of tea). If you take more then the effects are more pronounced. I remember not being able to get any lucozade at a Masters of Hardcore rave in Holland so drank a can of redbull instead (about 4 times the caffiene content of lucozade). I spent the next 90 minutes wandering round the rave completely nailed and having a lot of trouble blinking
astraboy.
Old 18 August 2005, 10:19 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Benzedrine would certainly do it.....
Old 18 August 2005, 10:39 PM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Does it not give any heart problems though???
Old 18 August 2005, 10:47 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

mate ephedrine itself is very good but be careful mate, it gave me a sore heart and also dehydrates u and gives u very dry skin, drink plenty of water, clenbuterol is safer
Old 18 August 2005, 10:47 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Maybe, but so does being overweight
Old 18 August 2005, 11:00 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by wayne9t9
Maybe, but so does being overweight

thats true, but never had chest pains as i did with ephedrine, good thing is though if u aint fit enuff somehow it helps u breathe better and u can keep u jogging for longer than normal
Old 18 August 2005, 11:13 PM
darms
Scooby Regular

Recon i may take the plunge then, but will obviously monitor the effects it has on me.

Got 120 pills so should last me for some time...........Was thinking of starting back at the gym for my body gets use to it, then move onto the Xena's. Sound ok?

Do you all recon I should also monitor my blood pressure whilst taking them (just to be on the safe side?) and yeah I'll keep the water intake up.
Old 18 August 2005, 11:28 PM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Red face

Instead of popping pills why not stick to the Billy Connolly diet:" Eat less, move more".
It's a lot better for you.You're on about starting back down the gym - just do that and be sensible on the food and drink front.
Old 19 August 2005, 12:41 AM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

More exercise/less food = huge appetite...then you gotta battle those fat cells that just dont give up. Dieting makes you fat cos its dificult to stick to it, then when you give up yer body stores more. Viscious circle. The best thing is not to make fat cells in the first place.
Old 19 August 2005, 12:49 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

So presumably you want to slimmer to be fit & healthy............so to achieve this you contemplate putting dodgy chemicals in your body? Makes sense.

If the drug was safe, easy, and had no side effect it'd be sold off the shelf in your local supermarket.

No doubt it took you a good few years to put the weight on, so it's surely not unreasonable to expect it to take a few years to get it off again. As you've found with the Atkins, quick fixes are just that.....the weight comes back.

I expect you don't want to take drugs for life, so why not do it the sensible way.....what goes in must be less than what goes out
Old 19 August 2005, 08:50 AM
Fat Boy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

More exercise/less food = huge appetite...then you gotta battle those fat cells that just dont give up.

Who said it was supposed to be easy? These sort of excuses are why people try and take short cuts like the thread starter.

Anyway the lardarse cravings pass after a few days of will power and as your metabolism picks up you can eat more and not put weight on.

Imlach has it spot on
Old 19 August 2005, 09:02 AM
*Jen*
Scooby Regular

Well I'm loosing 1 to 2 lbs a week eating sensibily (which includes the odd ice cream or chocolate bar!) and excercising more (swimming or badminton at least 3 times a week and 'bitching' for off road competitions with a generally more active life), if you work that out that's 3 to 4 stone a year for virtually no effort, just a bit of self control.

...it's REALLY not that difficult. I've found the key is drinking more, apparently 80% of the time you feel 'hungry' it's dehydration - if you're hungry when it's not a meal time try a large glass of water or something, see if you're hungry in 20 minutes time, 8/10 time's you're not. Scary really.
Old 19 August 2005, 09:43 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

More exercise/less food = huge appetite.

not if you eat the right food, at the right time. If you are intaking 80% of the food your body needs why would you have a huge appetite? is there something wrong with your body because regular, proper, food means there is no need to hunger for any more.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:20 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

So presumably you want to slimmer to be fit & healthy............so to achieve this you contemplate putting dodgy chemicals in your body?
Sorry to **** on your chips mate, but Ephedrine is a naturally occuring compound. Its extracted ftom the Ephedra Equisetina plant and the chinese have been using it for the past 5000 years. It can be synthesised, but that produces psudo-ephedrine, which is alltogether different and personally I avoid it.
Doesnt sound that "dodgy" to me. Effective though...
astraboy.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:21 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Diets don't work, that's why it all piles back on again. You have to make a permanent change in the way you eat and exercise.

Why does it seem to be so difficult for people to understand this?
Old 19 August 2005, 10:26 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Because it involves hard work, Bp. And many people are lazy by nature, so want a miracle cure.

The same questions will be asked time and time again...
Old 19 August 2005, 10:27 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Tiggs
not if you eat the right food, at the right time. If you are intaking 80% of the food your body needs why would you have a huge appetite? is there something wrong with your body because regular, proper, food means there is no need to hunger for any more.
Correct. Eating not quite enough food and exercising wakes your metabolism up and makes your body use its stored fat reserves. Eating not quite enough food and not exercising makes you mortally hungry and causes your body to go into starvation mode, where your metabolism -and thus available energy- slows down and your fat reserves are held onto as long as possible.
Old 19 August 2005, 10:30 AM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

PM me where I can get this please
Old 19 August 2005, 10:52 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
Sorry to **** on your chips mate, but Ephedrine is a naturally occuring compound.
Does it matter? Alcohol, tobacco, heroin, etc are all 'naturally' occuring. Doesn't make them safe.
Old 19 August 2005, 11:11 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Appreciated, but you called it a "dodgy chemical" which it aint.
Plus the fact I've taken it every weekend since november and the only side effect really worth worrying about it being able to laugh at all my mates of the same age who are getting fat, growing beer bellies, and having to watch what they eat and go down to the gym to control it.
I know which I prefer.
astraboy.
Old 19 August 2005, 11:24 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Astraboy, Poppies are naturally occuring, yet I don't see a lot of people advocating the use of opium

When you go to your raves, do you just sit around doing nothing? Maybe the fact you're dancing all night and burning a shed loads of calories has something to do with maintaining your weight

The problem is people are pretty lazy and always looking for a shortcut. I've some magic beans for sale. Guaranteed weight loss if you follow my magic bean diet for 6 weeks. Just send me £100 and I'll forward them onto anyone interested
Old 19 August 2005, 11:31 AM
ChrisB

Do you offer a discount for a 12 week course Ozzy?

Last edited by ChrisB; 19 August 2005 at 11:40 AM.
Old 19 August 2005, 11:38 AM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Of course, I could do a Scoobynet discount on a Group Buy of 10+ orders
Old 19 August 2005, 11:41 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Just send him a crate of Diet Coke to go with his fries, he'll be fine
Old 19 August 2005, 11:52 AM
ChrisB

I prefer fresh orange and lemonade these days Tel
Old 19 August 2005, 02:37 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Found a similar brand:

Ingredients:
Ma Huang extract, ephedrine alkaloids, kola nut extract, guarana, caffiene alkaloids, white willow bark (naturally occuring asprin), chromium plcolinate.

(Sounds like an ECA stack to me...)

It's harmless... if not it wouldn't say this in the label...
Take one to two capsules after meals. Do not exceed 3 daily.
Do not use if you are pregnant or nursing, if you have heart disease, thyroid disease, diabetes, high blood pressure, depression or other psychiatric conditions, glaucoms, difficulty in urinating, prostate enlargement or seizure disorder. Do not use if you are using MAOI drugs or two weeks after stopping. Stop using immediately if dizziness, sever headache, rapid/irregular heartbeat, chest pain, shortness of breathe, nausea, tremor, nervousness, loss of appetite, sleeplessness, noticeable changes in behaviour or loss of consciousness occur. Exceeding 3 capsules will not speed up the effects and may cause adverse effects including heart attack and stroke.