Loonies force farmer to cease trading

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2005, 01:51 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loonies force farmer to cease trading

Have a read of this

OK, so the nutters are not the only reason for him to cease trading, but a continued campaign of intimidation is more than likley the majority factor in it.

Bloody activists, no sorry, terrorists, as they are instilling terror into their victims.

Stealing a relatives body from a graveyard, what are these aresholes like!

I've no problem with animal testing for medical/pharmacutical purposes, I don't think I'd be here today if it wasn't for medial testing as the medication I've taken was more than likley tested on animals, and I think that some of the loonies would probably find that medication they have taken was tested on animals too, and to me that makes them hypocrites.

I am aware that not all "medical" research is for finding cures to diseases, and there are some horrific things done, however, rather than go after the labs, they go after the breeder of the animals.

Sending a letter stating someone is a paedophille is a pretty low thing to do for any reason.

It's a shame the farmer has let the loonies win, but I can see why, only so much can you put up with.

No doubt they'll all be cheering and whooping at what a good thing they have done.

Something should and needs to be done about these mornons before they do something really silly. I know it's a tad fanciful, but I've always thought that the plot of "28 Days Later" was a little too close for comfort and that some day, some moronic bunch of activists is going to free the poor animals and unleash something rather nasty onto the world.
Old 23 August 2005, 01:59 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Markus
and unleash something rather nasty onto the world.
Richard Askew...

Pretty much agree with you though mate!
Old 23 August 2005, 02:39 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Markus, there's a lot more to this story than has been reported in this article than just the farmer being forced to give up. Various suppliers have been forced to withdraw support as company directors have been targetted and pictures of their children which have been photoshoped showing various ugly things happening to them have been distributed alongside their addresses.

Typically, the Police are next to useless and I doubt HMG would use any terrorist legislation so this is one more form of terrorism that we have to put up with.
Old 23 August 2005, 02:52 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

I did read that a fuel supplier to the farm was targeted as well. That is very unfair indeed, just because the guy is indirectly helping the farm by delivering fuel.

Where do these loonies stop?

Maybe they would like to offer themselves up to medical research instead of the poor fwuffy ickle animals. No? didn't think so!

Personally think that we should use convicted rapists, serial killers and peadophiles in medical research, much easier to see the effects on human beings then, not that I'm for one second saying peadophiles are human
Old 23 August 2005, 02:56 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Markus
Personally think that we should use convicted rapists, serial killers and peadophiles in medical research, much easier to see the effects on human beings then, not that I'm for one second saying peadophiles are human
I'll vote for this...
Old 23 August 2005, 03:02 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
I'll vote for this...
seconded...

chop
Old 23 August 2005, 03:03 PM
lawson101
Scooby Regular

Angry

Saw the programme about this on BBC 2 a few weeks back, really feel for the poor farmer and his business associates who have been targeted by these so called animal activists/terrorists.

He tried for so long to keep it going too.

Was a shame seeing things like his daughters car being covered in paint stripper and his wife reduced to tears when they took away her mothers bones from the grave, fcukin sick.

Should round the terrorists up and test stuff on them instead

Trending Topics

Old 23 August 2005, 03:07 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

This is worth a read as well:

http://www.washtimes.com/op-ed/20050...3902-4686r.htm

Clearly it is more politically correct to dig up dead bodies and intimidate and terrorise people than it is to provide a valuable contribution to important medical research and so our government, the one that allowed the same people to force through a hunting ban, will do nothing.

When you read the science journals and see the advances being made in medical science on an almost weekly basis through testing on animals you quickly appreciate the value of this work. If a member of your family was dying an unpleasant death and you were told that a potential treatment existed but that it needed tested on, say, knockout mice but that this was no longer possible because of the actions of the green nutters i wonder how you might feel. We are getting alarmingly close to that day.
Old 23 August 2005, 03:32 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

hedgehog,
Spot on there! It mentiones that guniea pigs were used for resperitory research and guess what, I'm asthmatic, and if I'm not mistaken that might have a little bit in common with a resperitory disorder (the speeling is awful I know ) which means that I might not be here if there weren't any experiments on animals.

If these people cared about the welfare of the animals why don't they actually work for a medical research company and ensure that conditions are fair etc... OK they'd not be able to do anything about what experiments are carried out, so in that respect they would not be able to do much for the well being of the furry critters, but in other aspects they could do something.

Oh no, can't do that, that's working for the enemy, better to terrorise those who supply the animals and anyone who supplies them, and terrorise their families too, as they are evil scum.