Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Liverpool v Manchester United tickets 18-09-05

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2005, 03:56 PM
princessyin
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Liverpool v Manchester United tickets 18-09-05

Its my boyfriends birthday Sept 14th and he hits the big 3-0. I'd like to get tickets for tha above match but i've been told they're rarer than *quote* "rocking horse poo".

I've phoned their helpline (which wasn't altogether that helpful) and they've told me all the tickets have been allocated. Looked on a few websites which are offering them at ridiculous prices (£300 each). Can anyone help me in sourcing tickets at reasonable prices????

Thanks
Old 23 August 2005, 04:01 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Depends on your budget but you may be able to buy corporate tickets (meal, drinks, match, buffet) which would be better value than paying a tout.

Don't know about Liverpool, but United do them for £150 - £300 per person depending on match.
Old 23 August 2005, 04:08 PM
princessyin
Scooby Regular

thats my next route, a company i've found online is offering hospitality at £325, which seems slightly more reasonably
Old 23 August 2005, 04:21 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

I'll be suprised if you get the tickets at what would be called reasonable, theres so much demand for glory supporters wanting to visit theyre beloved club that theyve never been too before in the god knows how many years theyve been a "fan" that people will pay silly amounts hence thats what you'll get charged... a silly amount....
Old 23 August 2005, 04:43 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

trouble is with these class "A" games the tickets are determined by your attendence to a certain game beforehand and you have to apply by post enclosing the appropriate ticket stub.

I remember a couple of years ago going to Liverpool v West Ham and being offered £100.00 for my used stub knowing that it was needed to get the ManU ticket.

Like an idiot I turned it down applied for two tickets, cheque got cashed and was informed by letter that all tickets had been allocated. Complete scam IMHO and felt a bit cheated (did get my money back). Only gave my season ticket up a season before due to work commitments and now they tell me it may be 10 years before I'm allocated another!!!

Off topic I'm sorry...................

Does it have to be the ManU game? You can normally get tickets for the majority of the other home games if you ring up on the day they go on general sale and are patient on the phone.

I did get last seasons Man U tickets off ebay and only paid £40.00 each over face value. Might be an idea?
Old 23 August 2005, 04:54 PM
princessyin
Scooby Regular

Yes it does have to be this particular match because simply by coincidence it falls on the weekend of his birthday. yes ebay is a resort, looked just now and no tickets are being offered as of yet. my friend suggested just turning up on the day and getting some of the touts that will no doubt be waiting outside. Sad i know- but it'd be nice to have the ticket beforehand and slip it in his birthday card
Old 23 August 2005, 05:01 PM
RLE
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by princessyin
Yes it does have to be this particular match because simply by coincidence it falls on the weekend of his birthday. yes ebay is a resort, looked just now and no tickets are being offered as of yet. my friend suggested just turning up on the day and getting some of the touts that will no doubt be waiting outside. Sad i know- but it'd be nice to have the ticket beforehand and slip it in his birthday card
Fair enough.................

Not sad at all waiting outside but like you say does detract from the suprise somewhat and nothing worse coming away empty handed looking for a local pub. There will be a lot of "GOT ANY SPARE TICKETS" type people walking around just make sure you get there early and hang around the ticket office/ club shop. "the early bird etc.................."

Best of luck with your search. The ones I got from ebay were from a season ticket holder who couldn't make the game. Something will come up I'm sure.
Old 23 August 2005, 06:24 PM
rik1471
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE]"the early bird etc.................."[QUOTE]

It's also an idea to wait till just before kick off, I've had many a ticket for face value from touts just so they didn't lose on it. Probably a different matter for Utd v Scum.
Old 23 August 2005, 08:47 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Very hard to get tickets for these big games.Do you know anyone that a season ticket holder that you could "borrow" the ticket off.Apart from paying over the odds i dont see many other options.
Old 24 August 2005, 09:44 AM
princessyin
Scooby Regular

"Borrow?" a season ticket? Phoned the ticket line and they said they've all gone to priority ticket holders who went to certain matches last season?
Old 24 August 2005, 11:58 AM
rizla06
Scooby Regular

You can't borrow a "season ticket". Liverpool have done away with them, entry now is by a Fan Card which is swiped when you go through the turnstyles and records all attendances. Priority ticket holders also have a Fan Card, so their attendances are recorded too from last year when they applied for tickets. The introduction of the Fan Cards was to stop the touts selling outside the ground. So I would say your chances of getting tickets are absolutely zero.
Old 24 August 2005, 12:04 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

If he is a Liverpool fan, I would save him the dissapointment that the 90 minutes and corresponding inevitable defeat would bring and take him on the ground tour some other time...
Old 24 August 2005, 12:05 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Buy him a few pints down the pub so he can watch the match on the big screen, Im sure he'll enjoy himself just as much.
Old 24 August 2005, 12:44 PM
Dibs
Scooby Regular

The chances of getting them through the normal sales line are slim to zero since you will need a ticket stub from the Sunderland game last week. You may get one with hospitality for £70 (ticket for the game and bar before and after), although you'll need to call to find out when they go on sale:

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/tickets/hospitality.htm

Sorry to rub it in but I got mine this morning through the priority ticket scheme. I couldn't even get them through this last year so I'm quite pleased!

Good luck.

Dibs
Old 24 August 2005, 12:58 PM
princessyin
Scooby Regular

tried calling liverpool fc for hospitality tickets of any sort and been told they're all sold out

Dibs you don't want to sell me yours do you????? haha