Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Closure of the Guinea Pig Farm - Animal Rights

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2005, 10:22 PM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Closure of the Guinea Pig Farm - Animal Rights

I see they are closing a farm that breeds guinea pigs for testing due to the pressure applied by animal rights activists, which, according to the news story I've just seen, involved violent intimidation, firebombings and the theft of a grandmothers remains.

How do the "protesters" get away with it? In the end, no matter what their cause or aim, they've "won" using illegal means and law abiding people have had to change their lives through fear.....

Last edited by 2000TLondon; 23 August 2005 at 10:26 PM.
Old 23 August 2005, 10:25 PM
monty baber
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 2000TLondon
Not got strong views regarding animal testing, I'm certainly not for it though. I see they are closing a farm that breeds guinea pigs for testing due to the pressure applied by animal rights activists, which, according to the news story I've just seen, involved violent intimidation, firebombings and the theft of a grandmothers remains.

How do the "protesters" get away with it? In the end, no matter what their cause or aim, they've "won" using illegal means and law abiding people have had to change their lives through fear.....
Thoroughly against all types of animal cruelty but digging up the grave of someones relative and stealing the remains is totally evil
Old 23 August 2005, 10:30 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

personally i don't see them as animal rights actavist, they're just terrorists, and no better then the people that they are protesting against. digging up the body of a relatives is evil as well as sick. if they think the people that are testing on animals are bad/evil what ever your view, what they did makes them no better.

mike
Old 23 August 2005, 10:33 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

wgaf imho . tree huggers who have nothing better to do ! they were testing on the guinea pigs to find cures for human ailments . hope they all get a disease and fuking dont have a cure. To disturb someones grave is morally wrong and i hope they all die !

RANT OVER !
Old 23 August 2005, 10:55 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

*******, they threaten human life for the sake of Guinea Pigs, I am all for anti cruelty but these are just *********, anyway kids are the biggest threat to Guinea Pigs, my mates daughter finished hers off quickly by giving it a bath in rainwater, and guess what they are a prey animal, they get eaten in the wild, so its a **** life being a Guinea Pig whichever way you look at it.
Old 23 August 2005, 11:00 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

my guinea pig got shredded by a fox and i found it in bits ,was sad for about hmmm 10 mins then found something else to do!

these ****ers should see the light ! its a fu*king rodent ffs and there is plenty more of the ******* being bred every day !
Old 24 August 2005, 12:27 AM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

my mates daughter finished hers off quickly by giving it a bath in rainwater, and guess what they are a prey animal, they get eaten in the wild, so its a **** life being a Guinea Pig whichever way you look at it.
Sorry but i am just crying laughing here.

That has to be one of the best one liners on here, cheers J4CKO
Old 24 August 2005, 03:11 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

It's the thin end of the wedge. If the police can't give protection to companies carrying our lawful business then what's next on the target list? Fishing?

Experimenting on animals is more strictly controlled here than in most other countries. What these animal liberation cretins don't realise is that often companies are forced to do animal testing to make sure products are safe and protect protect themselves from potential litigation. If they can't do the testing here, they will ship it overseas where there will be less regulation protecting the animals concerned.
Old 24 August 2005, 08:23 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Whatever your views on animal testing there is no excuse for behaving in the way they do. Nothing is sacred from their point of view and they can be quite murderous as well as their evil destructive actions. Robbing that grave is just unbelievable.

I worry quite a bit about when they turn their attentions to fishing. I am not keen on being attacked in the middle of the night when I am fishing for sea trout! Not easy to defend yourself when you are out in the sticks-carrying out a perfectly legal pursuit and having paid the government for a licence to do it!

Time the government took a hard line and locked them up.

Les
Old 24 August 2005, 08:33 AM
little'un
Scooby Regular

I suggest all these idiots who protest against using animals for medical experimentation, put themselves forward as "guinea pigs"

Surely that would solve the problem for all?

Hope they die from some disease cos we can't find a cure
Old 24 August 2005, 09:09 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

My parents live in a nearby village to the Guinea Pig Farm. There are a couple almost opposite to my parents house who worked at the farm. Over the years they have been subjected to harressment. This happend at random, day or night. The tree huggers would turn up outside throwing paint over the cars, writing crap on the outside walls of the house like "MURDERERS".
Eventually windows started to get broken so the family had to have steel shutters installed on all windows for protection.
One Saturday I was at my parents and I heard some ******** on a megaphone shouting towards the house. A police van pulled up fairly quickly and eventually moved them on. Don't these plebs have something better to do!

Nick
Old 24 August 2005, 09:14 AM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

Don't these plebs have something better to do!
Yeah like get a bath

Were the neighbours the ones featured in that TV programme the other day? I really felt sorry for that poor old dear who was the cleaner at the farmers house
Old 24 August 2005, 09:17 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Stupid thing is, do the 'activists' think it'll make any difference ? are the research companies who were buying the guinea pigs going to go 'oh welll, we wont bother with animals anymore, we'll test on bits of wood instead' - doesnt it occur to them that someone else will just open another farm to supply the researchers ?

So how many guinea pigs have they saved after all their effort ? NONE !

Moving a problem from one area to another isnt really any kind of victory or solution is it ? The guinea pigs the farm had in stock arent going to be released into the wild, or sent to a retirement home - THEY ARE GOING TO BE KILLED.

And as for what they did to the farm owners mothers corpse - that is really sick !

And for any bleeding heart liberals out there - personally, if killing 1000 animals that were only bred to be killed saved the life of me or any of my family, I'd be first out there with the special 'guinea pig hammer' battering them.
Old 24 August 2005, 09:17 AM
skoobidude
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlackadderII
Were the neighbours the ones featured in that TV programme the other day?
I didn't see it mate. Do you know if it be repeated?

Nick
Old 24 August 2005, 09:18 AM
Stupid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
i hope they all die !
They all will one day....

Old 24 August 2005, 09:23 AM
Reality
BANNED

Seems to be two choices when facing this sort of intimidation.

1. The Tony Martin Way - Shoot the ***** and take your chance in court.
2. Give up your livelihood and hope to find something else to pay the bills.

Either way - The Police seem unable/unwilling to sort the problem out !

Tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime.

MY ****
Old 24 August 2005, 09:26 AM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by MikeCardiff
Stupid thing is, do the 'activists' think it'll make any difference ? are the research companies who were buying the guinea pigs going to go 'oh welll, we wont bother with animals anymore, we'll test on bits of wood instead'
Hopefully the researchers will outsource their research facilities to China where the welfare of the workers isn't considered never mind the animals.

That way we'll lose jobs and the animal's lot will be a much worse (50 guinea pigs to a 12inch cube box probably).

A great victory for the deleded ******** activists
Old 24 August 2005, 09:31 AM
BlackadderII
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skoobidude
I didn't see it mate. Do you know if it be repeated?

Nick
I've just tried to remember the name of the programme but it escapes me for the moment. It was sort of one of those investigative journalism type ones. If i remember i'll let you know mate

edited to say i've just remembered, it was "The Money Programme" and it was on BBC2 a few weeks back IIRC. Dont know if it's going to be repeated though.

Last edited by BlackadderII; 24 August 2005 at 09:34 AM.
Old 24 August 2005, 12:44 PM
ScooBStu
Scooby Regular

They were recording them doing the damage - I would have been out there with a baseball bat.

If animal testing was never carried out there is a chance that some of them would not even be alive - i.e. mother/father dying of illnesses.

Soon they will be coming round wrecking our scoobies cos we eat Chicken!!!! Weirdo's need to get a life and probably a job too.
Old 24 August 2005, 01:03 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

I find it disturbing that some people place animal welfare ahead of humans ans are prepared to injure and terrorise humans.

I hate animal cruelty in any form but i understand that testing and experimenting has to be conducted to help save human and animal lives.

The people who commited these crimes against the farm, families and locals are just terrorists imho and cowards to boot!
Old 24 August 2005, 01:10 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Heard one of the protestors being interviewed by Jeremy Vine just now. He said how dreadful it was that they dug up the elderly lady's grave. So J Vine asked him how he felt about being caught for attempting to dig up the Duke of Beaufort's body at a hunting protest some years ago! He started jumping up and down saying he had changed his attitude towards that kind of thing and said that it was all a big blind and he did not actually dig the body up after all. So J Vine reminded him that he only failed because the spade broke !

Les
Old 24 August 2005, 02:12 PM
Del mar
Scooby Regular

Do we know what they were bred for ?

For research into human diseases is one thing, but to make shampoos and make up is somethingelse.

I would wager 10p that the lady's remains are back within the week ..

Del
Old 24 August 2005, 02:30 PM
Reality
BANNED

Originally Posted by Del mar
Do we know what they were bred for ?
"The animals bred on family-run Darley Oaks Farm, in Newchurch, are used in developing treatments for respiratory diseases, such as asthma. "

from bbc.

So let's hope one of these activists has a kid that dies of asthma !

Not that it makes any difference - digging up a grannies remains is defenceless (even if the granny was Myra Hindley - but that would be the closest to it being OK).
Old 24 August 2005, 03:14 PM
Stupid
Scooby Regular

I would wager 10p that the lady's remains are back within the week ..
10p

I think it is good that no more furry animals will be tortured by mad scientists.

Last edited by Stupid; 24 August 2005 at 03:19 PM.
Old 24 August 2005, 03:20 PM
DrEvil
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Originally Posted by Leslie
Whatever your views on animal testing there is no excuse for behaving in the way they do.
I think that about sums it up nicely.
Old 24 August 2005, 04:00 PM
Hanslow
Scooby Regular

Time to start testing on the rapists and murderers then. At least they'll know how it directly affects humans. Oh hang on, we probably can't do that as it's not PC
Old 24 August 2005, 04:07 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They should test shampoo and soap on the "activists" - probably the toughest test getting through all the layers of grime
Old 24 August 2005, 06:38 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

still hate the ***** and to top it off its raining outside so im more miserable