Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bumps in supermarket carparks

Search this Thread

Old 27 August 2005, 09:58 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Bumps in supermarket carparks

I wonder just how many accidents there are in these places compared to 'on the road' people not concentrating, tight spaces and narrow lanes. Kids running about/making a niuscance in the back of cars, etc.

Why i ask
Monday, saw an Astra Coupe with the off-side bashed in with its upset owners looking like they had just returned to find their pride and joy battered - at my local Tescos .
Thursday, some old knobber drives into our Mitsi whilst pulling out of a parking space - same Tescos. He has damaged the bumper and rear quarter!

Plus all the parking dings from doors being opened onto cars. Is it just me or do other people take care when opening their doors i always try even put my hand on the leading edge of the door sometimes to prevent contact?!?
I/we get at least a 3-4 parking dings a year, usually more.

Not a rant really, just seems to be a high risk enviroment to me
Old 27 August 2005, 11:04 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

If my car wasn't so shiny (or silver) and I could get the camera to focus on them.... you'd be able to see all the dents down the one side purely down to carparks and other people's doors

Just to think 4 years ago there wasn't any

Was thinking of adding a few more and going for the "golf ball" look
Old 27 August 2005, 01:37 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

My £200 Vauxhall Cavalier "town car" is proving its worth in these situations. I can park it right at the door and not give a damn if ignorant tosspots with no respect for other peoples property dent it.

I went to Asda for the weeks shopping last night at about 10pm (I hate crowds so shop late in the evenings when the store is quiet) rolling down through the carpark I see two kids playing football it seems their parents had left them in the car while they shopped and they had got out for a quick kick-about in the carpark.
Also present as ever were the nobbers who need to travel at 40+mph through the carpark.

No wonder so much damage occurs. People just dont give a damn.
Old 27 August 2005, 11:57 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i work opp an asda and were over there a good few times per day

seen it all
mate does his shopping there, although he leaves his evo at our place and wheels one of asdas trolleys over the zebra crossing when hes bought all his shopping

always takes it back over tho
Old 27 August 2005, 11:59 PM
carl
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David_Dickson
Also present as ever were the nobbers who need to travel at 40+mph through the carpark.
Why is it that those nobbers always have crap cars? Novas, Saxos, Clios with big exhausts are all cars I've seen hooning around the carpark during shopping hours. Ferraris, TVRs (inc mine), Porsches all seem to cruise around slowly as they should.
Old 28 August 2005, 12:26 AM
Jaydee5
Scooby Regular

It must be something to do with *herding* cars together. I've had similar problems with our car park at work...i've been reversed into 3 times

At least two of my work mates have owned up to it....but there's one other bar$tard in there who cost me £235 to get the bumper fixed
Old 28 August 2005, 07:21 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

As DD said, in these days of greed and self interest nobody cares or thinks of others any more .

Les
Old 28 August 2005, 10:46 AM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Has any one noticed it doesn't matter where you park some one will park next to you? Even if the car park has 500 spaces and there are 5 cars in it when you come back there will nearly always be some one parked next to you? It drives me absoloutly f**king mental, my wife thinks Im a looney because of it cause I get so worked up.

I recently parked in a near empty car park and just as I was getting out of car (bear in mind that there were loads more empty spaces nearer the main door) some stupid ****ing bint tried to park right next to me WHY! WHY! WHY! WHY! quickly flung the door open of my 50p mondeo to prevent her getting in the space and she wound the her window down saying that it could of hit her car blah blah blah. I asked why she insisted in trying to park next to other peoples cars so both me an her would have to squeeze in and out of a doors? She just whizzed off to the other side of the park?

Any one know why people do it? It must be some sort of pschological thing?

Its just basic manners to hold your door while you get out, these stupid f*ckers have the "i dont care about anyone" attitude.
Old 28 August 2005, 12:21 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
Has any one noticed it doesn't matter where you park some one will park next to you? Even if the car park has 500 spaces and there are 5 cars in it when you come back there will nearly always be some one parked next to you? It drives me absoloutly f**king mental, my wife thinks Im a looney because of it cause I get so worked up.

I recently parked in a near empty car park and just as I was getting out of car (bear in mind that there were loads more empty spaces nearer the main door) some stupid ****ing bint tried to park right next to me WHY! WHY! WHY! WHY! quickly flung the door open of my 50p mondeo to prevent her getting in the space and she wound the her window down saying that it could of hit her car blah blah blah. I asked why she insisted in trying to park next to other peoples cars so both me an her would have to squeeze in and out of a doors? She just whizzed off to the other side of the park?

Any one know why people do it? It must be some sort of pschological thing?

Happens all the time, I think its some sort of pimitive instinct that takes over when people lack common sense and initiative (plenty about). Like when there's a queue people will stand there and join them (e.g airport gate when the flight won't board for another hour - the plane won't run out of seats). They lack their own iniative so do what everyone else does. Ever notice anyone looking in your trolley or at what you are taking off the shelf and then see them buy exactly the same stuff, ok sometime its coincidence or memory jogging, but I bet a good number are just buying it because you did (especially women). - The best trick for that one is to take a 2nd look at what you jkust bought, sneer at it and put it back on the shelf!

Obviously with stupid people in car parks, lack of intiative and common sense in where they park also reflects on their attitude - no forethinking of what happens when you open a spring loaded door in a gust of wind or on a hill etc. Or that cars actually do get dented or chipped and devalues it when it comes to selling it.

Last edited by ALi-B; 28 August 2005 at 12:23 PM.
Old 28 August 2005, 06:49 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

It's not just in car parks!

I remember going to the pictures with my wife and children as it was their birthday. The place was completely empty for us....until an old chap and presumably his grandchildren came in and sat right behind us. I mean FFS I'm 6'4 they had to crane their necks to see round me in a massive cinema!!!!!......then they broke out the popcorn and started chewing on it.

We moved. Like you say herd mentality........suprised they didn't follow us
Old 29 August 2005, 12:31 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

IT's because car parks are generally full of women and old people Have you noticed that they don't seem to be able to follow road markings in car parks either

Many years ago I was a trolley collector at our local supermarket, whenever I witnessed such an incident (twice a moth at least) I would leave a note with the culprit's details on the victims windscreen if the culprit scarpered